Isehan Kiss Me by Isehan - Heroine Make Long

image 1image 2image 3

4.3

on 5/28/2016 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this mascara is almost as good my old majolica majorca lash expander frame plus that has been discontinued. it lengthens, curls and thickens my asian lashes like no other. and its very longlasting too. the difference between this one and the majolica majorca one is that this one gets to my undereye after a few hours while the other one doesnt. for that im not giving it a full 5 lippies. its still a very good mascara for the price and one that i will probably be repurchasing but just be wary that it can get to your undereyes after wearing it all day.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is the only mascara that I've used a second tube of. I usually have a few on rotation and never go back to the same one twice but this is the exception.

I bought this in Japan (for less than 800 yen I think). I'm Asian and my lashes are long but straight. This can curl my lashes without an eyelash curler and holds it that way all day. It also gives me false lash like length and separates my lashes to give me the long, fluttery lashes that I love!

Volume wise it's not fantastic and it dries so quickly that you cannot really layer it to build volume without getting spider lashes. Also, because it has little fibres, if you get it in your eye it irritates and pricks at your eyelid until you wipe it away (so annoying!). This is easily avoidable by not getting the brush right into the roots of the lashes.

The packaging is cute but a bit cheap looking. The wand, however is fantastic. It's a bristle type wand that is curved and very fine, perfect for getting every last lash!

This does not budge! I have applied this at 5:30am and come back home at 11:30pm and it hasn't smudged or flaked. I've also worn it overnight and while my eye makeup creases, this has not moved. It's incredibly difficult to remove - I've tried warm water, cleansing oils and micellar solutions with no luck. The only thing that I've found effective is the Isehan mascara remover that comes in a top-to-toe pink tube - it's an oil that you apply with a wand and it gently dissolves this mascara so that all you have to do is wipe it off gently and it come away without any tugging or worse, loss of lashes!

An absolute favourite of mine and I have and will continue to repurchase.

To Read all 211 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/13/2016 3:35:00 AM

I absolutely love this mascara.

I have typical straight asian lashes and oily eyelids, so mascara has always been a struggle for me.

I've tried multiple mascaras over the years such as maybelline falsies and colossal, both of which smudged terribly on me. I consider myself to be unlucky with mascaras as everything seems to smudge or transfer under my eyes, and nothing can ever to hold my curl- except for this one.

This mascara was the only mascara to ever hold my curl and not smudge or transfer for me throughout the full day. The curl would last perfectly from morning through to night, and when I would wash my face the curl would still be there with no traces of smudging.

It gives me length and a tiny bit of volume but not as much as the typical maybelline mascara- which is fine for me, as I prefer feathery, natural looking lashes.

The only con that this mascara has is that it's SO DAMN HARD TO TAKE OFF. No joke. I ran out of mascara remover and this thing is impossible to remove. With that being said I tried to use other mascaras due to convenience but I would be disappointed as the curl would leave my lashes as soon as the wand went through it. Nothing can beat this so far, so I'm willing to suffer through the lengthy removal process by now. I took one lippy off for the removal, but definitely try it out if you prefer something natural that holds an amazing curl.

I literally rushed out and bought this after reading rave reviews on MUA and enraptured by the 4+ overall ratings given. Unfortunately this mascara turned out to be a downright disappointment. It didn't lengthen my lashes at all and, to top it off, smudged during my first day of wear (on a hot humid day out at a theme park). I ended up with a raccoon left eye. It offers absolutely no volume, so for ladies with thin and sparse lashes like me, this is absolutely a no. The only saving grace is that it held up curled lashes well. But with all mascara choices out there, surely, a single function doesn't justify a purchase.

on 4/3/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, yes, yes I would repurchase. This actually does lengthen and add curl, and even adds more than a wee bit of volume. It gives me the kind of curly long doll lashes. I love the formula, you can see tiny fibers, but they are very controllable. I really love the small curled brush, it is comfortable to use and you can really get in to your lash base with it. It is also pretty easy to purchase on Amazon, despite being from Japan.

The biggest con is that it is hard to get off. Seriously, the wear of this stuff is no joke. Which is great during the day, but kind of scary at night. I usually use jojoba oil and let it sit. I have to wipe and reapply the oil the few times. So for that reason, I don't use it daily. Another mild con is that it does not really play well with other mascaras, it gets a little clumpy with layerIng. But it has enough of an impact on its own, so no big deal.

Can't wait to try the volume and curl, but for now, this is probably my favorite mascara!

on 3/27/2016 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have used this mascara since the summer of 2014 and am finishing up my third tube. My rating is really a 4.5, because it doesn't surpass YSL's Waterproof Faux Cils performance-wise. It's not as volumizing or build-able, but it also doesn't cost $30 a tube or dry out in 1.5 months.

This mascara comes in really girly black and pink packaging, which I like. The lettering doesn't wear off after months of usage, too! Impressive. The brush wand is curved and is good at reaching all your lashes. My one criticism is that there's a lot of product at the tip which should be removed for best results, but this is not a big deal for me.

Performance-wise, it's very good at lengthening the lashes with fibers and holding a curl. As an Asian lady with straight as a pole eyelashes & a religious adherent to eyelash curlers, I can tell you that there's NOTHING in the American drug-stores that is remotely comparable to this mascara. It lasts all day with no smudging and very minimal flaking. I do not have problems removing this mascara as I use oil cleansers and an oil-based eye makeup remover at the end of the day when I choose to wear makeup.

It's easy to purchase this from eBay! I usually get it for $11 - $14 a tube. As a side note, I have also tried the Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara and I think this one is better.

I do not recommend this mascara for people who have really nice lashes in the first place. This was made by a Japanese company for an Asian consumer base and our lashes are usually short and do not hold a curl unless the mascara is waterproof.

However if you are tired of purchasing mascaras that causes your lashes to droop after curling them with eyelash curlers, please give this a try! You won't regret it.

on 3/7/2016 10:13:00 PM

Pro:
-It works! This is LEGITIMATELY the ONLY mascara I've tried that lengthens and curls (or keeps the curl of) my short, straight, and stubborn Asian eyelashes. It separates my individual lashes and it makes me look like I'm wearing a set of natural falsies. Since this mascara is harder to obtain and I live in Canada, I save this mascara only for special occasions!
-Doesn't clump or flake
-Extremely waterproof

Cons:
-I normally don't wear waterproof mascara so this mascara is always so hard to remove. Need to use an oil-based eye makeup remover.

on 2/27/2016 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wrote a rambling email to my friend about mascaras recently, and here's what I sent her:

"heroine make long & curl super waterproof = it should go home. It is drunk.

Like a creamy version of Benefit they're real! except it holds a curl better, doesn't dry out in the tube as quick and has fibres to lengthen your lashes.

I wore it for 14 hours then came home and worked out and sweated all my makeup off except that mascara and STILL IT HELD THE CURL PERFECTLY like what?!??

It's also like $5 in Japan. Only downside is that it's nightmare level to get off"

Here's how I use it:

1. Curl your lashes
2. If you have a heated lash curler, use that now! If not, who cares? This mascara will do that work for you.
3. Apply first coat of mascara, concentrate on the roots.
4. Second coat, as normal, but concentrate on the tips and outer edge in particular.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY MASCARA AND *THEN* CURL YOUR LASHES. That is asking for a disaster! There is a chance, even if the mascara seems to have dried, that your lashes will be tugged by the curler and they may tear. Please, please don't risk it.

Anyway, my lashes are very straight and are a real pain to get them to keep a curl. Japanese mascaras have been great IME, but this one is still the best.

Last time I used this mascara, I got a compliment from a colleague who used to work for MAC, she thought I was wearing nice falsies.

My only complaint is that it can be hard to get off, but if you buy the remover as well you'll not have any issues at all. Unlike the Benefit They're Real! Remover, that remover actually works. Another thing that works is oil cleansing.

Seriously. My workouts are total sweatfests but this stays put.

This is made of magic and miracles and I highly recommend this product.

I think I found my HG mascara. (I have average lashes, average length, volume and curl... Nothing special)

Anyways, I was window shopping in an Asian mall while waiting for a table at my favourite Chinese restaurant and walked into a cosmetic store.
A lovely lady asked me if I was interested in anything and this wall of mascaras I've never seen before caught my eyes. And I had told her I'm always in the hunt for waterproof mascara that will hold my curl and lengthen my lashes... And she immediately pointed me to this - kiss me heroine make long and curl mascara by isehan.
Well, thank the makeup gods I walked into this store because I found the mascara I was looking for. It kept my lashes curled, didn't flake or smudge and my lashes wasn't crunchy at all. I'm so amazed but Japanese mascara technology is unbeatable.
If you have average lashes... This mascara will make them beautiful. This mascara is pretty difficult to remove with regular makeup remover but my LancĂ´me bi-facil double action from Sephora (the one That looks like it has oil and water ) removes this mascara easily without tugging. It's expensive but it works.

My mascara trick I learned from the incredibly talented makeup artist Wayne Goss from YouTube is - 1) apply a thin coat of this mascara 2) curl your lashes for 10-15 seconds 3) apply another 1-2 coats. That will keep your lashes curled.
If you think this is a disaster waiting to happen... I suggest you watch his video because I've never seen my lashes so curled in my life.

I will buy Multiple back ups of this asap.
(I purchased mine for $22.99 in Canadian dollars)

on 2/6/2016 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I heard this is a popular Japanese brand of mascara along with Majolica Majorca. I have the Volume and Curl in Super Waterproof (Black tube with metallic pink). The wand is a tapered brush and I can see it lengthens my lashes, but it doesn't give my lashes much volume. I can see this good layering mascara as it doesn't clump like some mascaras or a mascara for minimalist makeup days. The good thing about this mascara is that it doesn't leave your lashes hard or sticky. Instead my eyelashes feel fairly soft with this product. The deal breaker about this mascara is how awesome it is at holding a curl. My lashes stayed curled all day, but there was slight smudging on my lower lashes when I applied mascara on them after 6 hours of work. I don't find this too difficult to remove with Maybelline Clean Express waterproof eye makeup remover on 2 cotton pads or with cleansing oil. I give it 4 lippies as I really like this mascara for its effectiveness and price point compared to high-end mascaras.