Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 44-55
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

3.3

I love this mascara so much, it does not budge so you need a good waterproof makeup remover to take it off. It is very very black and gives decent length and ok volume. It is close to perfect for me, but I wish it was just a bit more volumizing. This is definitely a life saver in hot humid weather, it looks the same at end of day as it does when I first put it on.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am forever on the hunt for a mascara that NEVER smudges under my eyes.
This is not it.
I have deep set eyes and if I laugh a lot my eyes crinkle up into crescents, and this will be smudge central.
I also have long lashes that curl up, but they are blonde - I just want them to be darker so you can see them.
It is better than most, and smudging is minimal, but for this price - I bought it at 0035mm in New York - I expected more.

However, on the plus side, this is waterproof - I have even worn it to the beach and the pool and it did not run down my face or turn my lashes into one giant lash. For most people, it would probably be fine.
Another plus: it is very black. I can put the tiniest amount on and it does the trick for me.

It is a bit wet, which is good and bad - if I am applying at my leisure, I can wipe the excess off the wand and be fine.
Most smudgeproof waterproof mascara dries out FAST and starts to get flakey and clumpy- and this has not, which means I am still using it. I am not crazy about the wand - it is hard to get the tiny lashes at the corner of my eyes.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was hoping beyond hope this would be "the one" for me because of so many great reviews. I like my lashes long, very well defined and separated. I cannot stand lashes that stick together at all. I think if I were a little less picky about that, this might be great for me. However, this is not destined to be my HG mascara and I must keep searching.

What I like:
Waterproof- For real! This mascara works well for humid environments, allergy eyes, crying, swimming, etc. Once it's on, it's on. No smudging, no flakes through the day. You have to really work to get this stuff off.

Lengthening- Provides amazing length, even with one coat.

Curling- I curl my lashes before I apply, so I don't know if it creates curl, but it definitely holds the curl until you take it off.

Minimal clumping

Extremely dark black color

What I don't like:
A little too waterproof - As I said, it's a LOT of work to get this off. Soap & water doesn't budge it, using eye makeup remover "normally" (with cotton ball or pad) doesn't budge it. I almost gave up and spent the $ to get the Isehan remover...but I figured out a way to do it. ***See my method following this post, it might work for you too!

Application issues- It's pretty thick, and even though I scrape the excess before I apply, it still applies too thick and makes some of my lashes stick together. This stuff dries super quick, so if you're going to separate you have to work at lightning speed after applying the mascara. Once this stuff dries it's hard to separate lashes even using a safety pin.
I haven't been able to get good results with more than one coat. This may be because I like separated lashes, but after more than one coat I find the lashes stick together even more and I end up with those little mascara balls in the middle and ends of the lashes. It's hard to get rid of them because the stuff dries so fast.

Here's how I get this stuff off with Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover-
1)Dip a cotton swab in makeup remover (dab off excess). Apply to lashes. I swipe downward a couple times on the top side of each lash, then swipe up a few times on the underside like I'm applying mascara. I switch the the other side of swab and dip, dab, and apply to the other eyelash. You should see a little bit of blackness on the swab after this process is done.

2)Use a mascara spoolie to comb through each eyelash multiple times, again as if you were applying mascara. I use those plastic/rubbery disposable ones. The goal here is to work the remover in and through the lashes, making sure you get each lash thouroghly covered. You will notice the spoolie is getting black and little balls of mascara might be coming off. Quickly proceed to step 3.

3)Wash face. I use a makeup removing facewash, and wash it twice. Your eyelashes should be clean at this point. You may have smudging on your skin, so just clean that up with eyemakeup remover and you're done.

If this doesn't work for you the first time, please keep trying til you figure out how to make it work for you. I swear, before I did this I was left with tons of mascara on my lashes , even if I swiped on remover with cotton balls/pad first. Now that I'm doing this, my lashes come out clean every time.

on 1/12/2015 11:29:00 AM

Oh my, in the minority again. Shocking! I hate this mascara - really hate it. Extremely fiber-y, super dry, and very dull - almost gray as opposed to black. It made my lashes crunchy - and almost straightened them! Exactly the opposite of what I'm going for. I saw so many rave reviews for this that I couldn't help but try it - I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for a great mascara. To be totally fair - I did buy on Ebay, so I may have gotten an old tube. It just didn't do what I wanted it to - so back to my old standby.

on 4/23/2014 6:56:00 AM

Really like this mascara! It holds up all day & doesn't budge! I can even use eye drops with it on & it doesn't budge :-) Separates my lashes nicely. Nice deep black color. You do need a good eye makeup remover to remove it though.

on 2/15/2009 11:28:00 PM

This is a HG mascara. It lenghtens and thickens. It is one of the best I have used to far, and does not flake or clump. I had no problem removing this mascara because I purchased the Kiss Me Heroine mascara remover they sell. I just bought it at the same time I purchased this mascara.

on 3/2/2008 9:14:00 PM

To be fair, the only mascara that does not smudge on me is Kiss Me by Blinc. This one is no exception, unfortunately. It smudges after about 4 hours. All in all, that is a long time for me.

You definitely need a remover with this one!

On my average lashes, this one is a bit too over the top for everyday; and frankly, I am probably too lazy to fuss with the removal on a daily basis. However, it would be great for a neutral or natural look or a special occasion. With She-Lag, I would repurchase with those ideas on mind.