Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Filtered by age: 30-35
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.3

I think I found my HG mascara. (I have average lashes, average length, volume and curl... Nothing special)

Anyways, I was window shopping in an Asian mall while waiting for a table at my favourite Chinese restaurant and walked into a cosmetic store.
A lovely lady asked me if I was interested in anything and this wall of mascaras I've never seen before caught my eyes. And I had told her I'm always in the hunt for waterproof mascara that will hold my curl and lengthen my lashes... And she immediately pointed me to this - kiss me heroine make long and curl mascara by isehan.
Well, thank the makeup gods I walked into this store because I found the mascara I was looking for. It kept my lashes curled, didn't flake or smudge and my lashes wasn't crunchy at all. I'm so amazed but Japanese mascara technology is unbeatable.
If you have average lashes... This mascara will make them beautiful. This mascara is pretty difficult to remove with regular makeup remover but my LancĂ´me bi-facil double action from Sephora (the one That looks like it has oil and water ) removes this mascara easily without tugging. It's expensive but it works.

My mascara trick I learned from the incredibly talented makeup artist Wayne Goss from YouTube is - 1) apply a thin coat of this mascara 2) curl your lashes for 10-15 seconds 3) apply another 1-2 coats. That will keep your lashes curled.
If you think this is a disaster waiting to happen... I suggest you watch his video because I've never seen my lashes so curled in my life.

I will buy Multiple back ups of this asap.
(I purchased mine for $22.99 in Canadian dollars)

on 12/19/2017 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this after seeing it mentioned in New York Magazine (03/17), backed up by Amazon reviews.

What I'm looking for in a mascara:
- Won't irritate my eyes; I rub them frequently and am prone to itchy/teary eyes.
Experience: this mascara does not irritate my eyes.

- Will stay put on my lashes, and not migrate south and give me raccoon eyes.
Experience: this mascara doesn't move into my under-eye area, or rub off on my fingers (as mentioned, I rub my eyes a lot).

- Won't clump my lashes together.
Experience: I've only ever used Maybelline's pink/green, L'Oreal's original, and now this Isehan. I would say this mascara is the best at not clumping my lashes together. Immediately after applying mascara (after each eye), I then run through my lashes with an old lash brush (left over from a Latisse-type treatment I badgered my mom into buying maybe 25 years ago, while on an international flight and paging through the duty-free magazine). That removes clumps while preserving the extra color and length. I've always done this step- with the Maybelline and the L'Oreal as well- but the Isehan gives me the fewest clumps to begin with, and doesn't cause as many lashes to stick together in the first place.

- Waterproof.
Experience: I tear up very easily (e.g. while yawning) but haven't noticed any darkened tears or smeared mascara. After maybe 10-12 hours of wear, I feel like some of the mascara has worn off (though I don't know where it goes). I half-heartedly wash my face with water and then rub a heavy, oily cream (like, Nivea ... or maybe Vaseline) on my eyes. That is kind of the extent of my makeup removal routine. In my defense, I probably wear mascara once a month, so I've never put in more effort at doing more. This, uh, very basic routine seems to remove the mascara? I look normal/mascara-free by the time I shower the next morning, anyway.

- Lengthens and/or curls.
Experience: to be honest, while I research drugstore/K-beauty options to death, I feel like I don't wear mascara enough to have fine perceptions of how MUCH better my lashes look, or ought to look. All I can say is (apart from the four more important requirements listed above) that my lashes look quite a bit longer ... but in a natural way. I don't think it really adds much curl, but then again, I don't use a curler, so that's not exactly surprising.

Overall, I think it's pretty flattering. I would probably repurchase (I know you're supposed to replace mascara every three months or so, but ... er ... I'm 35 and I'm on my third tube of mascara ... so who knows when I *actually* will. Wow, on second thought, please DON'T do that math). Please note that I bought this off Amazon, knowing that it would take a few weeks to arrive. So for people who replace their mascara more frequently than I do (which is to say, probably, everyone), build in that wait-time.

on 2/27/2008 8:49:00 AM

This product most definitely does not smudge. Not if your eyes are tearing in the sun and wind, not if you put heavy cream below your eyes or have oily eye lids, not if you tub and tug your eyes because your contacts are bothering you, and not if you cry for 30 minutes because you're really mad about something (I tested, it's true).

I prefer to use the Volume and Curl version for everyday because in general my lashes need more thickness as opposed to more length, but I apply the Long and Curl for more dramatic eyes over the Volume and Curl when I'm going out at night. It absolutely adds noticable length. It's also really inexpensive; I found it at sasa.com. If you have problems with raccoon eyes and need a smudgeproof mascara, and are willing to spend a little more time removing your mascara (by using an eye makeup remover, for instance), then I heartily recommend this one.

UPDATE: If you wear contact lenses, you have to be particularly careful with your application of this stuff. I'm bad at applying mascara and often get a bit of it in my eye; when that happens with this stuff, I have to take out the contact lens and rub it thoroughly with saline solution to get the mascara off of it. It won't just blink away or go away with your tears. If you don't wear lenses though, it's not a problem (it's never stuck to my eyeball the way it stuck to the contact lens).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is the only mascara that I've used a second tube of. I usually have a few on rotation and never go back to the same one twice but this is the exception.

I bought this in Japan (for less than 800 yen I think). I'm Asian and my lashes are long but straight. This can curl my lashes without an eyelash curler and holds it that way all day. It also gives me false lash like length and separates my lashes to give me the long, fluttery lashes that I love!

Volume wise it's not fantastic and it dries so quickly that you cannot really layer it to build volume without getting spider lashes. Also, because it has little fibres, if you get it in your eye it irritates and pricks at your eyelid until you wipe it away (so annoying!). This is easily avoidable by not getting the brush right into the roots of the lashes.

The packaging is cute but a bit cheap looking. The wand, however is fantastic. It's a bristle type wand that is curved and very fine, perfect for getting every last lash!

This does not budge! I have applied this at 5:30am and come back home at 11:30pm and it hasn't smudged or flaked. I've also worn it overnight and while my eye makeup creases, this has not moved. It's incredibly difficult to remove - I've tried warm water, cleansing oils and micellar solutions with no luck. The only thing that I've found effective is the Isehan mascara remover that comes in a top-to-toe pink tube - it's an oil that you apply with a wand and it gently dissolves this mascara so that all you have to do is wipe it off gently and it come away without any tugging or worse, loss of lashes!

An absolute favourite of mine and I have and will continue to repurchase.

on 7/20/2017 7:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First things first: Holy smokes, is it hard to take off this mascara! The advantage of this is that it does not smudge during the day, which, when living in a humid environment, is a common complaint. However, I am one of those people who find it impossible to apply mascara without getting some on my eyelid (probably because my lashes are so damn pale). So, already, getting those stains off is annoying. On top of that, removing it at the end of the day is a whole adventure quest, so it seems. No makeup remover I have tried works - at most, a few small flakes come off. Coconut oil and olive oil work to a degree, but it takes a good 15 minutes (!!) of gently rubbing before there's any success, and even then I feel like I lose so many lashes and there is definitely some mascara left the next morning. What has worked best for me to remove it is jojoba oil, but even so, I can't be bothered to go through the whole process every time, frankly. So no repurchasing just for this fact.

Otherwise, it is a pretty decent mascara. Very black, does give some length, alright at curling the lashes, but no added volume. Personally I do not see what makes this an HG mascara, but if you are looking for something super long lasting, not too expensive, and that is not overly dramatic, check it out. (But good luck getting it off.)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have been using this mascara for almost ten years and I will be devastated if they ever change it.

I am Asian with super straight mid/long lashes that I torture with a curler each day. Nothing holds the curl and creates quite the dramatic look like this mascara does, I've even been asked before if I'm wearing false lashes!!

I've tried other mascaras in the last few years but nothing, NOTHING does the job like this mascara, it is my absolute holy grail. The only teeny tiny gripe I would have is that it is hard to get off. I just use olive oil and rub gently so it's not a huge deal.

Highly recommend!

on 5/25/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this formula and the volume one in Japan for $6 each. It does what it says. I have naturally long lashes so the effect was the most dramatic of any mascara I have ever tried. And each lash was enphasized individually. Doesn't curl, but no mascara really does.

It has major staying power, major! Does not come off even w/ makeup remover, or oil. It irritated my eyes when I tried to remove. That is why I didn't rate a 5.

After using a few times and trying to take it off, a few of my lashes came off!!! I should have bought the same brand mascara remover hanging right next to it at drugstore, but oh well.

It's a great mascara just get matching remover.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Best waterproof mascara I've ever used. I swam in it and didn't have any black under my eyes. I have fairly oily skin so most waterproof mascaras just smudge on me and then are impossible to get off. On my second tube.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Nice mascara if you like the natural look. I prefer my mascara quite thick and voluminous which this mascara did neither of. Because of the fibers I found it hard to layer and it did not keep my lashes curled, which is understandable cause I have thin weak asian lashes but it also didn't make them longer. It did keep every single lash separated, has a dark pigment and doesn't smudge which was nice. But not what I'm looking for.

on 4/3/2016 6:54:00 PM

Yes, yes, yes I would repurchase. This actually does lengthen and add curl, and even adds more than a wee bit of volume. It gives me the kind of curly long doll lashes. I love the formula, you can see tiny fibers, but they are very controllable. I really love the small curled brush, it is comfortable to use and you can really get in to your lash base with it. It is also pretty easy to purchase on Amazon, despite being from Japan.

The biggest con is that it is hard to get off. Seriously, the wear of this stuff is no joke. Which is great during the day, but kind of scary at night. I usually use jojoba oil and let it sit. I have to wipe and reapply the oil the few times. So for that reason, I don't use it daily. Another mild con is that it does not really play well with other mascaras, it gets a little clumpy with layerIng. But it has enough of an impact on its own, so no big deal.

Can't wait to try the volume and curl, but for now, this is probably my favorite mascara!

Dec 2016 edit and add on: the volume version is not as good as this one, it clumps. The mascara remover that Heroine Make has works very well at removing this, I highly recommend purchasing it with the mascara.