Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Filtered by age: 19-24
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.3

on 9/24/2009 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This mascara is currently the no.1 mascara on cosme.net, the Japanese equivalent of MUA. This stuff works wonders for my obnoxious stick-straight Asian lashes. They're actually visible from the front for once, lol. It holds curls very well (best I've tried), lengthening effect is moderate. Doesn't smudge or leave flakes behind like MAC and benefit mascaras do. Doesn't weigh lashes down like loreal ones do. Like what everyone has mentioned, it's quite difficult to remove. I rubbed a gel-based remover into my lashes, took about 1 minute to remove the "lash tubes" completely. Price is very reasonable, 1050 yen (US$10) for a tube. Packaging is plain and a little tacky. From MUA reviews it seems like people with stick-straight lashes like this product a lot more than people with normal lashes. I guess we appreciate the industrial strength curl-holding power, which doesn't matter as much to normal lashes.

UPDATE: I'm using it with shiseido's eyelash curler, it's MAGIC :) My lashes normally point down, now they stay at 80 degrees for hours. They look exactly like the lashes of models in Japanese magazines (CanCam, Non-no, ViVi) Pretty amazing by my standards.

on 12/28/2009 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My HG mascara....
Well, this, and Kiss Me's Volume & Curl Mascara
you can actually tell the diff between these two mascaras. The long & curl makes my short, straight Asian lashes visibly longer, and the curl lasts ALL DAY (I have to use a lash curler first, though) The mascara itself feels light and clean. A result of this, however, is that it doesn't do much for volume. You're not going to get those thick fans as in the advertisements. All in all, however, if you're going for a simple & clean day look, neutral colors and this mascara should make your eyes pop remarkably.

The volume & curl mascara, similarly, delivers great volume, though lenght-wise it doesn't compare to the long & curl version. You could use both together, perhaps, as I sometimes do. But in general I tend to use them separately.

Oh, Kiss Me's mascaras do not flake either. The lasting power is AMAZING and goes through sweat, tears, and water....which makes it a little difficult to wash off. I usually use DHC's oil remover or Chanel's eye makeup remover.

on 3/27/2016 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have used this mascara since the summer of 2014 and am finishing up my third tube. My rating is really a 4.5, because it doesn't surpass YSL's Waterproof Faux Cils performance-wise. It's not as volumizing or build-able, but it also doesn't cost $30 a tube or dry out in 1.5 months.

This mascara comes in really girly black and pink packaging, which I like. The lettering doesn't wear off after months of usage, too! Impressive. The brush wand is curved and is good at reaching all your lashes. My one criticism is that there's a lot of product at the tip which should be removed for best results, but this is not a big deal for me.

Performance-wise, it's very good at lengthening the lashes with fibers and holding a curl. As an Asian lady with straight as a pole eyelashes & a religious adherent to eyelash curlers, I can tell you that there's NOTHING in the American drug-stores that is remotely comparable to this mascara. It lasts all day with no smudging and very minimal flaking. I do not have problems removing this mascara as I use oil cleansers and an oil-based eye makeup remover at the end of the day when I choose to wear makeup.

It's easy to purchase this from eBay! I usually get it for $11 - $14 a tube. As a side note, I have also tried the Kiss Me Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara and I think this one is better.

I do not recommend this mascara for people who have really nice lashes in the first place. This was made by a Japanese company for an Asian consumer base and our lashes are usually short and do not hold a curl unless the mascara is waterproof.

However if you are tired of purchasing mascaras that causes your lashes to droop after curling them with eyelash curlers, please give this a try! You won't regret it.

on 2/27/2016 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wrote a rambling email to my friend about mascaras recently, and here's what I sent her:

"heroine make long & curl super waterproof = it should go home. It is drunk.

Like a creamy version of Benefit they're real! except it holds a curl better, doesn't dry out in the tube as quick and has fibres to lengthen your lashes.

I wore it for 14 hours then came home and worked out and sweated all my makeup off except that mascara and STILL IT HELD THE CURL PERFECTLY like what?!??

It's also like $5 in Japan. Only downside is that it's nightmare level to get off"

Here's how I use it:

1. Curl your lashes
2. If you have a heated lash curler, use that now! If not, who cares? This mascara will do that work for you.
3. Apply first coat of mascara, concentrate on the roots.
4. Second coat, as normal, but concentrate on the tips and outer edge in particular.

PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY MASCARA AND *THEN* CURL YOUR LASHES. That is asking for a disaster! There is a chance, even if the mascara seems to have dried, that your lashes will be tugged by the curler and they may tear. Please, please don't risk it.

Anyway, my lashes are very straight and are a real pain to get them to keep a curl. Japanese mascaras have been great IME, but this one is still the best.

Last time I used this mascara, I got a compliment from a colleague who used to work for MAC, she thought I was wearing nice falsies.

My only complaint is that it can be hard to get off, but if you buy the remover as well you'll not have any issues at all. Unlike the Benefit They're Real! Remover, that remover actually works. Another thing that works is oil cleansing.

Seriously. My workouts are total sweatfests but this stays put.

This is made of magic and miracles and I highly recommend this product.

on 5/8/2014 1:51:00 PM

I bought this mascara off ebay for about $18 and it came with its own mascara remover. After reading about how hard it was to remove this mascara, I wanted to make sure I had their own mascara remover in case my make up removers didn't work. This mascara lengthens (a lot) and doesn't smudge one bit. Volume wise, it's very similar to the Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Waterproof Mascara - which gives more of a natural than falsies look. It doesn't clump, no matter how many coats you apply! And the mascara is very black. After my first day of using this mascara, I wanted to see if coconut oil can remove it. I gently coated my lashes with coconut oil and waited a few minutes. In the meantime, I brushed my teeth and flossed. Then i used a cotton pad soaked with oil-free Neutrogena make up remover and swiped my eye lid. After a couple swipes, the mascara easily came off. The next day I used the matching mascara remover and it blew me away! Using the brush that came with the remover, the formula did not go into my eyes and did not drip from the brush. It evenly coated my lashes in one sweep and I left it on for about 2 minutes. Using a cotton pad with make up remover again, the mascara came off in one gentle swipe! I barely had to press down, I was so amazed! And I've never seen my eyelashes so clean. It was a truly remarkable product! Both coconut oil and the mascara remover worked, so if you don't want to spend money on their removers you can definitely use alternatives. But I will continue to use their mascara remover because of it's convenience and how well it worked.

on 5/22/2015 3:40:00 AM

This mascara is my HG.
I've finished 4 tubes of it and gone through the pink (previous) and black packaging.
Holds my straight asian lashes after i've curled it, for the whole day.
I live in a year-round humid country (Singapore), this mascara doesn't budge, holds a curl and most importantly, does what it states in the packaging and with astonishingly good results at that.
If you're looking for volume, look for its counterpart; the volume & curl version, it is AS good and does what it claims.
But cons: Needs an oil-based remover and you cannot layer this mascara or it'll clump.

Tip: But I've tried layering these 2 together before- apply the volume version first and while it is still wet, apply the lengthening one, it'll blend together like a dream.

on 1/14/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is an a holy grail mascara for straight and short Asian lashes. I had tried several different brands, Shiseido, Anna Sui, Covergirl, Benefit They're Real, and some others that I forgot the brand of, but this one works the best. I got it online here in Australia for AUD 18.95 (not including shipping).

Positives:
+ Lengthens lashes! My lashes even went above my crease which scared me at first because I never experienced it, it looks like I'm wearing fake lashes
+ Hold curls well. The formula of the mascara is very thick, probably thicker than They're Real, they also dry really quick and are lightweight. They're Real did well on me but it was too heavy and my eyelashes droop down even before the mascara dried but this mascara did none of it!
+ Separates lashes and no clumping. The wand has the perfect curve and is made out of plastic.
+ Thickens lashes, as I researched online, a blogger wrote that it is made of a really good thickening fiber.
+ Nice packaging. It is very cute, pink with gold label, the cap is black with roses detail. The packaging is made out of plastic and therefore is really light weight compared to They're Real.
+ No fall out, the mascara does not go flaky even over 6 hours wear.
+ Does not smudge on my oily lids, even when worn on bottom lashes

Negatives:
- Hard to remove. It is waterproof mascara and takes long time to remove even with waterproof remover. But I found a trick to it, simply press waterproof remover soaked cotton pads on your lids and lashes for 20-30 seconds while massaging it and ta-dah! The pads are black. Turn over the pads and use them to swipe the leftover and you're finished :) Please don't clean it harshly, you will pull off your lashes.
- It does not look natural. This is not a mascara when you want to have a no-makeup makeup look. Your eyelashes look so long it's fake. Well, this is not really a down-side if that's what you're going for but as I mentioned above it surprised me at first but over time I got used to it and without this mascara, my eyes look bare...
- Since the packaging is made out of plastic, it does look slightly cheaper, typical of Asian drugstores brands where the packaging is cute and is targeted for students.
- It is more expensive than Western drugstore brands but considering how well it works, it is worth it

Overall, this is still an amazing mascara and if it works on my straight and short Asian lashes, imagine how good it looks on those who are blessed with long, thick and naturally curled lashes.

on 11/24/2014 11:55:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've ever used for holding a curl on stubborn, stick-straight lashes, and I've tried drug-store to high end searching for the One. Yep, that's right, this is the One until otherwise proven, which I doubt will be easy to do.

All I have to do with this to get perfect, long curls each time is use any decent metal eyelash curler, one coat of this, let it dry, apply a second coat, and it lasts all day. If I skip the second coat I find that the curl doesn't last as long. It doesn't slip or slide off. Once it's on, it's on. Mine is a nice true black which works well with my black lashes.

The only thing I dislike about this mascara is that I have to use the mascara/eyemakeup remover from the same company to get it off, but that's a small price to pay for the effect the mascara gives my lashes.

On my second tube of this stuff! This is probably the first time I've ever been on a second full size tube of any mascara ever. And I've tried so many it's ridiculous (at least 50 - mostly high end, but some drugstore).

My favourite mascara before this was probably a Lancome one... I find the Lancome ones feel quite natural and light, aren't too dry, and so give a kind of glossy glamorous look to the lashes.

I typically don't like dry mascaras because they make the lashes look clumpy, and not natural.

Kiss me Heroine Make long and curl mascara is a dry mascara, which is why I'm so surprised I love it.

It holds the curl all day, does not clump, and defines each and every one of my lashes. I'm Asian, so I don't have a lot of lashes, but at least with this mascara, you can see all the lashes! Before, they'd be too fine to notice. It doesn't make my lashes as thick and glossy as the Lancome mascaras, but given how beautifully curled and defined my lashes look, I don't care at all.

One of my friends thought I was wearing falsies. That's how NICE my lashes looked. Oh, and did I mention I'm Asian with short very fine lashes? Remarkable!

As long as I get a fresh tube every few months, I think I will no longer be looking for a new mascara. Ever.

on 9/14/2017 9:14:00 AM

It's amazing. It truly is. It doesn't clump and it lifts my lashes well. Downside is it's super super hard to remove. Just when i thought I've removed everything, I rub my eyes and my fingers turn black. However, I don't find it to give very dramatic results because it does look natural (just how I like it). Also, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, it's a bit too cutesy for my taste but I understand that the East does favour this style.