NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand - Fair

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand - Fair
HD Photogenic Concealer Wand - Fair

3.4

on 6/25/2017 1:06:00 AM

Wow! I'm really kinda surprised my the negative reviews on this. I love it! A GF of mine who's makeup always looked flawless was using this one day, so I thought, it's cheap. I'll give it a try. I only ever used it under my eyes, so I can't comment to it's usage on any other area of the face. But a few swipes of this, blended with a small domed foundation brush, covered all of my under eye circles. My only gripe with this is it's so hard to find. It seems to always be sold out! But I'll keep searching so I can stock up and never run out.

One of the better drugstore concealers I've tried, good coverage

on 5/14/2017 12:42:00 AM

Ok, definitely not my favorite concealer. It I got the lightest shade possible (trust me I need it lol) it literally does nothing. Just stays there, it creases, and has a weird yellow undertone to it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this concealer after spending a good 2 days doing some research on YouTube for the ideal drugstore concealer, from which I found that this concealer and the Maybelline fit me concealer were both quite popular, but I decided to give this one a go as it was relatively cheaper than Maybelline's concealer. It's safe to say, I wish I had picked up the one from Maybelline as this does not do much for me.

PROS: I can not think of any.

CONS: EVERYTHING!
- creases really easily
- not enough coverage for under-eye circles
- can't be used for covering blemishes/highlighting parts of my faceu
- feels and looks chalky after a while

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've read mixed reviews on this concealer and I bought this a little worried that it won't be a match for me. I am glad I got this. It is very pigmented and full cover, very blendable. I use a BB with this and I had no problem. It creases a little at the end of the day, but I think that is normal. The only downside of this is that it dries quickly so you must be fast at blending it, otherwise I recommed this. Cheap and does the job better than more expensive ones I tried.

on 3/15/2017 9:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Just meh. Gives light coverage and creases easily. Too expensive for something that doesn't work well. Would not repurchase.

on 12/28/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Being quite picky in concealers,I can say that this one offers more light than coverage.It can look spectacular if you apply it on top of a covering concealer,but on its own it does not provide any dark circle covering.I also wasn't very fond of the brush tip of the wand,as it picks up a tiny amount of product and you have to dip it multiple times in the bottle to get a fair quantity. The texture is pretty thick,but blends easily with a wet sponge.
However,I have to admit that Nyx has a rich range of shades for this particular product.The price,as well,is quite affordable which goes for the rest of makeup products by this company.Although I was a little disappointed,I will keep this to brighten my under-eye area on top of my regular covering concealer.

on 12/19/2016 12:18:00 AM

Very good product as a less pricey alternative to my HG Clinique Air Brush concealer. This NYX product works well over moisturizer. Also, I find it best to use very little product, and build as needed. I also use this as an eyelid primer and brightener, which has been great. A solid product.

on 7/20/2016 11:11:00 AM

Someone on the makeup board recommended this to me so I ordered it from Ulta. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, considering how inexpensive it is. The best thing about this concealer is that it is thick - does not just completely wipe off when you're trying to blend it in - but not at all cakey. I got the second lightest shade since I am fair, and the color match is great. It's light enough to perk up my eye area but not so light that it makes it look white or obvious. It has good, medium coverage and a natural finish. It lasts well (all day for me without using any setting products) and doesn't turn orange or crease. Has not caused me any skin problems, and I didn't experience any smell or blending issues as some of the other reviewers did. I use it for my undereyes, not blemishes (While I like a liquid for dark circles, I just prefer a stick or thicker cream formula for red marks) and it does the job fairly well, especially at just $4.99. I do like that it's a doe foot as opposed to brush applicator as well, though of course that's just personal preference.

I would say this concealer's formula is comparable/similar to Maybelline Fit Me's concealer but the NYX is actually a little better as well as a little cheaper and with a better shade range.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm just here to make people aware of the fact that lots of shops i.e Douglas sell NYX for an extremely overpriced price. Last summer I was in Hong Kong and it was just terrible. Therefore I would like to advise everyone to take a minute and look at the official American NYX website before purchasing any of their products in a store. Xoxo