NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand - Fair

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand - Fair

3.3

on 7/20/2016 11:11:00 AM

Someone on the makeup board recommended this to me so I ordered it from Ulta. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, considering how inexpensive it is. The best thing about this concealer is that it is thick - does not just completely wipe off when you're trying to blend it in - but not at all cakey. I got the second lightest shade since I am fair, and the color match is great. It's light enough to perk up my eye area but not so light that it makes it look white or obvious. It has good, medium coverage and a natural finish. It lasts well (all day for me without using any setting products) and doesn't turn orange or crease. Has not caused me any skin problems, and I didn't experience any smell or blending issues as some of the other reviewers did. I use it for my undereyes, not blemishes (While I like a liquid for dark circles, I just prefer a stick or thicker cream formula for red marks) and it does the job fairly well, especially at just $4.99. I do like that it's a doe foot as opposed to brush applicator as well, though of course that's just personal preference.

I would say this concealer's formula is comparable/similar to Maybelline Fit Me's concealer but the NYX is actually a little better as well as a little cheaper and with a better shade range.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm just here to make people aware of the fact that lots of shops i.e Douglas sell NYX for an extremely overpriced price. Last summer I was in Hong Kong and it was just terrible. Therefore I would like to advise everyone to take a minute and look at the official American NYX website before purchasing any of their products in a store. Xoxo

To Read all 43 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/7/2016 12:50:00 PM

This product is OK for covering zits but if you use it under your eyes it makes lines appear worst than they are. I'll keep the product to cover breakouts but I won't use this one everyday.

on 3/26/2016 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't normally wear concealer, but I do love the look of it, either on it's own or paired with light coverage foundation. This one had good reviews on here and Amazon, so I tried it.

PROS: Well the color is actually pretty good, which is surprising and unexpected, since I have quite pale skin with what looks like an olive-y (or something) undertone.

CONS: I liked this for about a couple days, then started noticing flaws. For one, this has not much coverage, it really does not really cover that much. It also dries down looking cakey and chalky... it just does not make the texture of skin look good. I've seen a youtube video where they used the lavendar one as like a highlight thing, and they used so much that I product, I was like "but, that will look horrible!". Not for even the hint of dry skin. I cannot make it work unless I use so little it's like I'm not really using it. Maybe it's better on oily skin.

Does what it is suposed to do. High coverage. Particularly nice is the fact that the 01 fair is really light of colour.

on 3/18/2016 3:26:00 PM

I don't like this concealer. It looks caky. It's very thick and hard to blend. The coverage is poor. The only thing I can use it for is to highlight the bridge of my nose. It may be better for oily skin. I wouldn't repurchase

on 3/1/2016 12:27:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I don't have much to cover but wanted a light concealer for around nose and under eyes. This is one of the only concealers that isn't too dark or too orange for me. I mix it with under eye moisturizer and eye brighter and dab it around nose and under eyes and pat it in. I usually put a light dusting of finishing powder over face or just over concealer depending on what kind of day I'm having. Buff. Lasts all day and looks terrific.

Price is right, wand is good, and this works for me.

I've been dealing with really bad acne, and this concealer did cover my acne, but only after I slapped three pounds of it on my face and it was completely obvious I had makeup on. As you can imagine, the tube didn't last long. I wouldn't buy again.

Do not buy this if you have dry skin. This concealer accentuated by dry patches. I have it in the lightest shade and bought it to brighten my under eyes and it flakes and creases terribly. It's a runny consistency and drys to a chalky finish. If you don't blend fast enough it will set and be unblendable. Perhaps if you have oily skin it might be better, but it's not for me....

on 12/1/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this concealer in this lighter shade as highlight for my cheeks and it works and blends well. It is a good product for it's price. I have tried to use this product as a concealer, but it is kind of more on the runny consistency and doesn't have the correct consistency for me to conceal my dark circles under my eyes. I don't have many blemishes on my face to conceal so I don't really use concealer for that but I am assuming that this formula would be too thin to conceal any blemishes. I also use this to line my eyebrows and it works well for this purpose because it blends well into my foundation around my eyebrows.