Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

2.2

Update: I gave this five lippies, and now I'm changing it to four. It didn't last long enough, and when I tried Clarins, that one was a lot better. However, since I was impressed with it once, and I am picky, I may switch back and change again, as it's good to alternate.

I didn't notice a big difference until about a month in, and then I really noticed a difference with my undereye bags. Paula's Choice rates this one as BEST, too, so for now, it's my go-to cream. I've tried SO many and am afraid I'm not done, but so far, this one lives up to what it says it will do without surgery or paying $500. Just give it time. It does work.

Tips:
Keep inside a dark cabinet
unscrew the top to apply wand directly on the eye or you will be out within a month pumping - it pumps way too much, a ridiculous amount
at around 2 or 3, apply regular moisturizer over it, such as a good drugstore brand like Cerave (I'm writing this in the winter months, so going over your eyes with moisture mid-day is a must)
GIVE IT AT LEAST A MONTH!

on 2/18/2013 10:58:00 AM

I am bummed by the bad reviews-- I actually love the product so far, maybe they reformulated? I have sensative eyes and had no reaction to this product. Got it for my undereyes (fine wrinkles) and it looks much better 2 weeks into use. Also you need tiny bit so the bottle will last about 6 months. Since I had other products for $50-70 lasting only 3 month, I consider it good cost per use ratio. SA at Sephora gave huge sample and I purchased after 2 weeks of using it. Makes a great under concealer base. i use Bobby brown concealer that is perfect when it comes to shade but hard to spread. This eye cream is the best for it, concealer glides on smoothly. Actually this is the first review i am writing for an eye cream, i wasn't impressed with anything I used before (dermalogica, P.Thomas Roth, Murad, Kinerase to name a few) I don't have a huge problem in the undereye area (bags, dark circles) but, hopefully, this cream will help me to avoid it in the future. It also helps with the puffuness that I statrted to notice in the morning (age is age no matter how good you look--) I read about this cream on Paula Begun beautipedia. I am nor her devotee and don't take her recommendations all the time but she was saying that this cream is one if the best perricone formulas. i am glad I tried.

on 2/2/2012 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this yesterday, went home, read the reviews here, and said to self "Self, what have I done?" I thought... if only there were a Makeup Alley app for my iPhone, I wouldn't have made this mistake at Sephora. Turns out said app exists and now I have it. Lesson One.

Lesson Two: If you're even going to bother trying this, make note of the packaging. What you get is a box which contains a bottle with a screw off cap and a separate pump. Do not attempt to insert the pump into the bottle. You will waste at least $20 worth of this eyecream because it will come exploding out the top. I don't think the pump is usable until you're probably 1/3 way through the bottle. Not that I can imagine using this product for that long anyway...

Lesson Three: the product itself. In the store this felt wonderful on my hand with no irritation at all. At home and on freshly cleaned face this burned like the dickens for about five minutes. The burning subsided, and I was willing to take it indefinitely if I felt like the product delivered some amazing and rather instantaneous result. But it didnt. And the skin under my eyes looked like crap again this morning. Just not worth it. Who knows, maybe if you dealt with the burning day and night for months on end you'd wake up one day looking like you're nine years old again... but I'm not waiting around for that to happen. For $100, my eye cream needs to show me results NOW.

I too had an unfortunate reaction to this product. The sales associate at Sephora gave me a generous sample of this pricey eye cream and I was thrilled to come home with what must've been $30 worth of a $95 luxury product. Couldn't wait to try it yesterday. Sadly, within minutes of dabbing a tiny amount to my under-eye area I felt a burning, stinging sensation and went to look in the mirror. The skin where I'd applied the eye cream was quickly turning red and blotchy. I washed it off right away, but all day the reaction continued and even this morning my under-eye skin is still swollen and red, like little welts.

I do have somewhat sensitive skin and have reacted poorly to a couple of other products in the past (Ole Hendriksen's Protect The Truth and The Body Shop's Vitamin C Serum), but I haven't been able to identify the irritant. I wish I knew what it was!

on 9/29/2009 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

perricone advertised everywhere. i thought it would help me to get rid of dark circles and very small crawl wrinkles, or at least smooth the appearance of those. I am very disappointed as it didn't smooth my skin around eye area and i did not see any other beneficial effects. Moreover, clinique "all about eyes" cream was even better for half of the price. At least with clinique i got more moisturizing effect.. overall, i think this product is over-hyped. I've tried tons of eye creams, including the most expensive one like la praire... and this perricone cream is a no. it does not work for $100+ you pay for it. one thing is good about it that it didn't irritate my eyes (that's why i give it rate of 2).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this from Sephora, expecting to love it. Good thing I got a sample. Within three days I had pimples under my eyes. I also woke up with more puffiness under my eyes than with my regular eye cream. Wouldn't buy it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Maybe Perricone needs to know about this horrible reaction you all are having with this product! I've read every review here and they almost all say something about welts, redness, itching, inflammation, etc. SCARY!!! It shouldn't be on the shelves!! (It sounds like).

on 4/7/2009 7:57:00 AM

Proceed With Caution!

I received several generously-sized samples of this, and was in total heaven, given the claims that this works on puffiness, fine lines, AND dark circles. I used it faithfully for about a week, and started getting horrible redness and deep itching beneath my eyes. I mean, TERRIBLE. I didn't think it was this eye cream, but the pain and irritation were so awful that I got rid of EVERYTHING in my routine and started from scratch, adding back one product at a time and using them for a few days before adding the next. No irritation. Hmmmm....

Since the last thing I had to add back was this eye cream, I tossed the sample I'd been using (figuring maybe it was a bad one) and grabbed a fresh, unopened one. Two months had elapsed since my initial redness (I was adding products back in slowly.) I dotted on a small amount of the eye cream. The next day, I had HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE poofy red welts beneath my eyes, and the area itched terribly. My husband wanted me to go to the doctor, it looked and felt so awful. The next day, the welts all merged into one giant red poof. It caused a deep, PAINFUL itch that made me want to scratch my face off (I literally sat on my hands to stop myself from touching my face, it hurt SO MUCH.) It took four days for the redness to go down enough to even be camouflaged with makeup.

I've NEVER had any allergic reaction to any product. But something in this really set off my skin. Proceed with EXTREME caution if you use this to make sure you don't have any issues. It did nothing for me but make me look and feel like I'd been severely burned. (Seriously...a neighbor asked me if I'd been burned, it looked so bad!)

on 12/6/2008 4:38:00 PM

I tried this eye cream for dark circles and hydration. Unfortunately I had bad luck with it. I found it to be very irritating and drying. I got a red welt under my eye that was really sore. I don't recommend this product at all.

on 8/19/2008 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I gave this a try for a month but found that it really didn't do anything for me. Went back to Clarins Super Restorative Eye Treatment which hydrates much better and makes my eye area look much better. Waste of money -- a lot of money.