Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

2.8

Update: I gave this five lippies, and now I'm changing it to four. It didn't last long enough, and when I tried Clarins, that one was a lot better. However, since I was impressed with it once, and I am picky, I may switch back and change again, as it's good to alternate.

I didn't notice a big difference until about a month in, and then I really noticed a difference with my undereye bags. Paula's Choice rates this one as BEST, too, so for now, it's my go-to cream. I've tried SO many and am afraid I'm not done, but so far, this one lives up to what it says it will do without surgery or paying $500. Just give it time. It does work.

Tips:
Keep inside a dark cabinet
unscrew the top to apply wand directly on the eye or you will be out within a month pumping - it pumps way too much, a ridiculous amount
at around 2 or 3, apply regular moisturizer over it, such as a good drugstore brand like Cerave (I'm writing this in the winter months, so going over your eyes with moisture mid-day is a must)
GIVE IT AT LEAST A MONTH!

on 9/3/2014 1:29:00 PM

I actually loved this product. I have searched for many years for an eye cream that gets rid of mild crepiness under the eye and minimal crow's feet and could never find one that actually worked. I wanted a product that actually would help reverse the appearance of aging, not just mask it with momentary tautness that eventually fades within an hour of applying it.
This eye therapy was exactly what I have been looking for. I had crepiness under my eyes. That is now completely gone after using this product for about a month. I have now been using the Advanced Eye Area Therapy for about 6 months and my under eye area looks incredible. I am so happy with this product.

I will say this, for those that are posting reviews after only using a product for a month or less, I am sorely disappointed. Anyone who has any common sense should know that you didn't get wrinkles overnight and you aren't going to get rid of them overnight by using a product. Giving a product a bad review because you didn't get "immediate" results is in my opinion unfair. If you want immediate results, then visit a plastic surgeon.

Also, for the reviewer who stated they had difficulties with the pump and the product spilling out upon inserting it.... I would have to say this was user error. Make sure the product is settled and at the bottom of the container before inserting the pump. If it's been laying on its side then it may push out when you insert the pump. However, with that said, I would just be happy that you aren't receiving a product that is half empty. At least they are filling the bottle.

on 2/18/2013 10:58:00 AM

I am bummed by the bad reviews-- I actually love the product so far, maybe they reformulated? I have sensative eyes and had no reaction to this product. Got it for my undereyes (fine wrinkles) and it looks much better 2 weeks into use. Also you need tiny bit so the bottle will last about 6 months. Since I had other products for $50-70 lasting only 3 month, I consider it good cost per use ratio. SA at Sephora gave huge sample and I purchased after 2 weeks of using it. Makes a great under concealer base. i use Bobby brown concealer that is perfect when it comes to shade but hard to spread. This eye cream is the best for it, concealer glides on smoothly. Actually this is the first review i am writing for an eye cream, i wasn't impressed with anything I used before (dermalogica, P.Thomas Roth, Murad, Kinerase to name a few) I don't have a huge problem in the undereye area (bags, dark circles) but, hopefully, this cream will help me to avoid it in the future. It also helps with the puffuness that I statrted to notice in the morning (age is age no matter how good you look--) I read about this cream on Paula Begun beautipedia. I am nor her devotee and don't take her recommendations all the time but she was saying that this cream is one if the best perricone formulas. i am glad I tried.

I too had an unfortunate reaction to this product. The sales associate at Sephora gave me a generous sample of this pricey eye cream and I was thrilled to come home with what must've been $30 worth of a $95 luxury product. Couldn't wait to try it yesterday. Sadly, within minutes of dabbing a tiny amount to my under-eye area I felt a burning, stinging sensation and went to look in the mirror. The skin where I'd applied the eye cream was quickly turning red and blotchy. I washed it off right away, but all day the reaction continued and even this morning my under-eye skin is still swollen and red, like little welts.

I do have somewhat sensitive skin and have reacted poorly to a couple of other products in the past (Ole Hendriksen's Protect The Truth and The Body Shop's Vitamin C Serum), but I haven't been able to identify the irritant. I wish I knew what it was!

This product burnt my eye area like NO other out there. I just don't feel like I should have to go to bed with my eye area on fire. I used it twice and returned it. I do not recommend anyone wasting the ton of money it costs on this one. OUCH.

I received a sample of "Dr Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy" at Sephora and my under-eyes swelled like balloons and itched severely after 2-3 uses! My lower lids pushed up into my field of vision. My husband suggested that I go to "Urgent Care" and the doctor prescribed steroids to overcome the severe reaction. It was horrible! I have just finished the steroids and the swelling and itching have calmed down but now the skin under my eyes look like a deflated balloon - severely wrinkled and striated...much worse than before. If I tilt my head one way or the other the skin flows like loose lava!

on 4/7/2009 7:57:00 AM

Proceed With Caution!

I received several generously-sized samples of this, and was in total heaven, given the claims that this works on puffiness, fine lines, AND dark circles. I used it faithfully for about a week, and started getting horrible redness and deep itching beneath my eyes. I mean, TERRIBLE. I didn't think it was this eye cream, but the pain and irritation were so awful that I got rid of EVERYTHING in my routine and started from scratch, adding back one product at a time and using them for a few days before adding the next. No irritation. Hmmmm....

Since the last thing I had to add back was this eye cream, I tossed the sample I'd been using (figuring maybe it was a bad one) and grabbed a fresh, unopened one. Two months had elapsed since my initial redness (I was adding products back in slowly.) I dotted on a small amount of the eye cream. The next day, I had HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE poofy red welts beneath my eyes, and the area itched terribly. My husband wanted me to go to the doctor, it looked and felt so awful. The next day, the welts all merged into one giant red poof. It caused a deep, PAINFUL itch that made me want to scratch my face off (I literally sat on my hands to stop myself from touching my face, it hurt SO MUCH.) It took four days for the redness to go down enough to even be camouflaged with makeup.

I've NEVER had any allergic reaction to any product. But something in this really set off my skin. Proceed with EXTREME caution if you use this to make sure you don't have any issues. It did nothing for me but make me look and feel like I'd been severely burned. (Seriously...a neighbor asked me if I'd been burned, it looked so bad!)

on 3/18/2009 2:28:00 PM

This was made for people with moderate to severe puffines.
I bought this thinking about my fine lines and dark circles, but it didn't help in those issues, instead, it depuffed my already sunken periorbital area, and it made my skin burn like hell, plus I hated the packaging and it's very expensive (95 dls) :s not good for me

on 3/2/2009 9:22:00 PM

i've been using this product consistently for about 1 year now and by far, it is the BEST eye treatment i've ever tried. it really reduced the fine wrinkles around my eyes and minimized the dark circles as well. this is my 2nd bottle now and so far, so good.

on 12/6/2008 4:38:00 PM

I tried this eye cream for dark circles and hydration. Unfortunately I had bad luck with it. I found it to be very irritating and drying. I got a red welt under my eye that was really sore. I don't recommend this product at all.