Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy

No Image

2.3

on 9/3/2014 1:29:00 PM

I actually loved this product. I have searched for many years for an eye cream that gets rid of mild crepiness under the eye and minimal crow's feet and could never find one that actually worked. I wanted a product that actually would help reverse the appearance of aging, not just mask it with momentary tautness that eventually fades within an hour of applying it.
This eye therapy was exactly what I have been looking for. I had crepiness under my eyes. That is now completely gone after using this product for about a month. I have now been using the Advanced Eye Area Therapy for about 6 months and my under eye area looks incredible. I am so happy with this product.

I will say this, for those that are posting reviews after only using a product for a month or less, I am sorely disappointed. Anyone who has any common sense should know that you didn't get wrinkles overnight and you aren't going to get rid of them overnight by using a product. Giving a product a bad review because you didn't get "immediate" results is in my opinion unfair. If you want immediate results, then visit a plastic surgeon.

Also, for the reviewer who stated they had difficulties with the pump and the product spilling out upon inserting it.... I would have to say this was user error. Make sure the product is settled and at the bottom of the container before inserting the pump. If it's been laying on its side then it may push out when you insert the pump. However, with that said, I would just be happy that you aren't receiving a product that is half empty. At least they are filling the bottle.

on 8/22/2014 11:27:00 PM

I am shocked by the bad reviews. I have been in an endless search for an eye cream that works. I'm sensitive, but I've had zero bad reaction to this And zero stinging. It hydrates and really helped with crepey look and fine lines and puffiness. I use at night because I prefer a cream with some cosmetic light filters during the day (like Dior). I have no complaints with any of me perricone products and in fact have used them almost exclusively for six months now.

on 2/18/2013 10:58:00 AM

I am bummed by the bad reviews-- I actually love the product so far, maybe they reformulated? I have sensative eyes and had no reaction to this product. Got it for my undereyes (fine wrinkles) and it looks much better 2 weeks into use. Also you need tiny bit so the bottle will last about 6 months. Since I had other products for $50-70 lasting only 3 month, I consider it good cost per use ratio. SA at Sephora gave huge sample and I purchased after 2 weeks of using it. Makes a great under concealer base. i use Bobby brown concealer that is perfect when it comes to shade but hard to spread. This eye cream is the best for it, concealer glides on smoothly. Actually this is the first review i am writing for an eye cream, i wasn't impressed with anything I used before (dermalogica, P.Thomas Roth, Murad, Kinerase to name a few) I don't have a huge problem in the undereye area (bags, dark circles) but, hopefully, this cream will help me to avoid it in the future. It also helps with the puffuness that I statrted to notice in the morning (age is age no matter how good you look--) I read about this cream on Paula Begun beautipedia. I am nor her devotee and don't take her recommendations all the time but she was saying that this cream is one if the best perricone formulas. i am glad I tried.

on 3/2/2009 9:22:00 PM

i've been using this product consistently for about 1 year now and by far, it is the BEST eye treatment i've ever tried. it really reduced the fine wrinkles around my eyes and minimized the dark circles as well. this is my 2nd bottle now and so far, so good.

on 2/27/2008 6:12:00 PM

I have been skeptical of Perricone products, and therefore never purchased any. However, I may have to change my mind after receiving a generous sample of this product. I have been using it for about a week, and still have plenty left of the sample. A little goes a long way, which is an absolute must when the product costs $95. I was surprised to find that this product doesn't just claim to address a couple issues (like dark circles and puffiness OR wrinkles and hydration) it is supposed to address EVERY issue. Now, when I read this I thought it was an outrageous claim. How can one product fix everything? I still don't believe that is possible, but I am impressed with this product so far. It has dramatically reduced my dark circles (I don't even need concealer anymore) while also softening my fine lines and making my eye area firmer. I was very surprised by the results, and if they keep up I am going to have to purchase this stuff. I have to include a warning, this might cause irritation. It tends to make my eye area burn a bit, and then I have some redness (which I don't mind a bit, as long as it doesn't last long, but it would probably bother a lot of you). At night I use another cream over this to get a moisture boost, but I wouldn't say this dries me out, I just need more moisture than it delivers. I am waiting to see if these results last, but for now I have to give it a 5.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This really does what it says. It faded my dark circles noticeably and really depuffs and moisturizers. I somehow don't have any crow's feet yet so I'm not sure how it works on that but for everything else its wonderful. It doesn't make eyeshadow fade or crease either

Update: I gave this five lippies, and now I'm changing it to four. It didn't last long enough, and when I tried Clarins, that one was a lot better. However, since I was impressed with it once, and I am picky, I may switch back and change again, as it's good to alternate.

I didn't notice a big difference until about a month in, and then I really noticed a difference with my undereye bags. Paula's Choice rates this one as BEST, too, so for now, it's my go-to cream. I've tried SO many and am afraid I'm not done, but so far, this one lives up to what it says it will do without surgery or paying $500. Just give it time. It does work.

Tips:
Keep inside a dark cabinet
unscrew the top to apply wand directly on the eye or you will be out within a month pumping - it pumps way too much, a ridiculous amount
at around 2 or 3, apply regular moisturizer over it, such as a good drugstore brand like Cerave (I'm writing this in the winter months, so going over your eyes with moisture mid-day is a must)
GIVE IT AT LEAST A MONTH!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try this product after reading about it, i'm only 22 but i figured this is as good a time as any to introduce eye cream into my daily routine. I almost fell over when the sales lady told me how much it was but i was hopeful that it would clear up the scary dark circles under my eyes.
I have been using it a bit over a month and i'm pretty pleased with the product.
I feel like its less of a rip off bc the pump is designed so that a little can come out at a time. All you need is a half pump really and its enough for both eyes. And believe me.. im not the type to use anything sparingly!
Best of all!!! I really feel the dark area under my eyes are a lot better. I feel more confident going out with out makeup or with less make up on.

I decided to try the Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy after the beauty consultant at Sephora recommended it as the best eye cream. I should first mention that I have been using this product for three days - day and night. Each time I have used it, I have felt a stinging sensation which I was not pleased about at all. I also noticed a red spot on the eye/check bone on both sides that were not there before. I thought at first that it was coming from my moisturizer but then I realized this morning as I was putting on the eye therapy that the eye cream falls on that area a bit too. I have decided to stop using this product. I have not been using this product long enough to say whether it reduces dark circles, puffiness or wrinkles. I just don't like the stinging sensation and am already skeptical after reading the reviews with the others with the same issue. Thankfully, I purchased this at Sephora. The saleslady told me I could try this product and return it if I did not like it. That is exactly what I am going to do. The search continues. I think I am going to try the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye complex next since I have a sample. We'll see how that goes...

on 9/29/2009 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

perricone advertised everywhere. i thought it would help me to get rid of dark circles and very small crawl wrinkles, or at least smooth the appearance of those. I am very disappointed as it didn't smooth my skin around eye area and i did not see any other beneficial effects. Moreover, clinique "all about eyes" cream was even better for half of the price. At least with clinique i got more moisturizing effect.. overall, i think this product is over-hyped. I've tried tons of eye creams, including the most expensive one like la praire... and this perricone cream is a no. it does not work for $100+ you pay for it. one thing is good about it that it didn't irritate my eyes (that's why i give it rate of 2).