Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy

No Image

2.3

on 2/2/2012 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this yesterday, went home, read the reviews here, and said to self "Self, what have I done?" I thought... if only there were a Makeup Alley app for my iPhone, I wouldn't have made this mistake at Sephora. Turns out said app exists and now I have it. Lesson One.

Lesson Two: If you're even going to bother trying this, make note of the packaging. What you get is a box which contains a bottle with a screw off cap and a separate pump. Do not attempt to insert the pump into the bottle. You will waste at least $20 worth of this eyecream because it will come exploding out the top. I don't think the pump is usable until you're probably 1/3 way through the bottle. Not that I can imagine using this product for that long anyway...

Lesson Three: the product itself. In the store this felt wonderful on my hand with no irritation at all. At home and on freshly cleaned face this burned like the dickens for about five minutes. The burning subsided, and I was willing to take it indefinitely if I felt like the product delivered some amazing and rather instantaneous result. But it didnt. And the skin under my eyes looked like crap again this morning. Just not worth it. Who knows, maybe if you dealt with the burning day and night for months on end you'd wake up one day looking like you're nine years old again... but I'm not waiting around for that to happen. For $100, my eye cream needs to show me results NOW.

I am a diehard Perricone fan and most of my regiment is Perricone. I've been very pleased with all products. So I purchased this thinking it would become another favorite. Unfortunately it made my under eye area red and inflamed and somehow made the fine lines look incredibly more noticeable than before. I stopped using it and started again in the hopes it was a fluke but got the same result. I now feel my under eye wrinkles look worse than before. I'm sad this one didn't work out like all the other wonderful Perricone products. It also gave me some itching/irritation and made the eye are look extra dry. I tried topping it with a more rich cream but it didn't help. Get a sample before you buy, it's super expensive.

on 8/16/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm so glad it's not just me whose eyes burned from this product. I don't usually have such strong reactions to products but I had to wash it off immediately and flush the area for a few minutes before I felt better. I cannot recall a product that has actually caused me so much pain.

I'm going to stick with my Cold Plasma. It's much softer and gentler. Yeah, it's a lot more money but it's worth it. continued >>

This product burnt my eye area like NO other out there. I just don't feel like I should have to go to bed with my eye area on fire. I used it twice and returned it. I do not recommend anyone wasting the ton of money it costs on this one. OUCH.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

AEFUL AWFUL AWFUL! within 30 seconds of putting this crap on, my eyes start burning and itching. Had to rinse it off right away. Dont waste your money on this one. Too risky that you might get an irritation from it.

I received a sample of "Dr Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy" at Sephora and my under-eyes swelled like balloons and itched severely after 2-3 uses! My lower lids pushed up into my field of vision. My husband suggested that I go to "Urgent Care" and the doctor prescribed steroids to overcome the severe reaction. It was horrible! I have just finished the steroids and the swelling and itching have calmed down but now the skin under my eyes look like a deflated balloon - severely wrinkled and striated...much worse than before. If I tilt my head one way or the other the skin flows like loose lava!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Maybe Perricone needs to know about this horrible reaction you all are having with this product! I've read every review here and they almost all say something about welts, redness, itching, inflammation, etc. SCARY!!! It shouldn't be on the shelves!! (It sounds like).

on 2/27/2008 6:12:00 PM

I have been skeptical of Perricone products, and therefore never purchased any. However, I may have to change my mind after receiving a generous sample of this product. I have been using it for about a week, and still have plenty left of the sample. A little goes a long way, which is an absolute must when the product costs $95. I was surprised to find that this product doesn't just claim to address a couple issues (like dark circles and puffiness OR wrinkles and hydration) it is supposed to address EVERY issue. Now, when I read this I thought it was an outrageous claim. How can one product fix everything? I still don't believe that is possible, but I am impressed with this product so far. It has dramatically reduced my dark circles (I don't even need concealer anymore) while also softening my fine lines and making my eye area firmer. I was very surprised by the results, and if they keep up I am going to have to purchase this stuff. I have to include a warning, this might cause irritation. It tends to make my eye area burn a bit, and then I have some redness (which I don't mind a bit, as long as it doesn't last long, but it would probably bother a lot of you). At night I use another cream over this to get a moisture boost, but I wouldn't say this dries me out, I just need more moisture than it delivers. I am waiting to see if these results last, but for now I have to give it a 5.

on 2/15/2008 5:22:00 PM

I bought this product online as sample for 7 days use. I took this cream with me to a short trip to try it. the result was good only for two days and after that the skin around my eye area beacame very dry and irritated and I got lines which I hadnt before!.. fortunately I used my rutine eye serum again and the skin around my eyes geting back to normal. I think this product is good for older people. I am 36 by the way. and I am happy I didnt buy the full size of this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This really does what it says. It faded my dark circles noticeably and really depuffs and moisturizers. I somehow don't have any crow's feet yet so I'm not sure how it works on that but for everything else its wonderful. It doesn't make eyeshadow fade or crease either