Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy

No Image

1.3

on 2/2/2012 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this yesterday, went home, read the reviews here, and said to self "Self, what have I done?" I thought... if only there were a Makeup Alley app for my iPhone, I wouldn't have made this mistake at Sephora. Turns out said app exists and now I have it. Lesson One.

Lesson Two: If you're even going to bother trying this, make note of the packaging. What you get is a box which contains a bottle with a screw off cap and a separate pump. Do not attempt to insert the pump into the bottle. You will waste at least $20 worth of this eyecream because it will come exploding out the top. I don't think the pump is usable until you're probably 1/3 way through the bottle. Not that I can imagine using this product for that long anyway...

Lesson Three: the product itself. In the store this felt wonderful on my hand with no irritation at all. At home and on freshly cleaned face this burned like the dickens for about five minutes. The burning subsided, and I was willing to take it indefinitely if I felt like the product delivered some amazing and rather instantaneous result. But it didnt. And the skin under my eyes looked like crap again this morning. Just not worth it. Who knows, maybe if you dealt with the burning day and night for months on end you'd wake up one day looking like you're nine years old again... but I'm not waiting around for that to happen. For $100, my eye cream needs to show me results NOW.

I too had an unfortunate reaction to this product. The sales associate at Sephora gave me a generous sample of this pricey eye cream and I was thrilled to come home with what must've been $30 worth of a $95 luxury product. Couldn't wait to try it yesterday. Sadly, within minutes of dabbing a tiny amount to my under-eye area I felt a burning, stinging sensation and went to look in the mirror. The skin where I'd applied the eye cream was quickly turning red and blotchy. I washed it off right away, but all day the reaction continued and even this morning my under-eye skin is still swollen and red, like little welts.

I do have somewhat sensitive skin and have reacted poorly to a couple of other products in the past (Ole Hendriksen's Protect The Truth and The Body Shop's Vitamin C Serum), but I haven't been able to identify the irritant. I wish I knew what it was!

I decided to try the Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy after the beauty consultant at Sephora recommended it as the best eye cream. I should first mention that I have been using this product for three days - day and night. Each time I have used it, I have felt a stinging sensation which I was not pleased about at all. I also noticed a red spot on the eye/check bone on both sides that were not there before. I thought at first that it was coming from my moisturizer but then I realized this morning as I was putting on the eye therapy that the eye cream falls on that area a bit too. I have decided to stop using this product. I have not been using this product long enough to say whether it reduces dark circles, puffiness or wrinkles. I just don't like the stinging sensation and am already skeptical after reading the reviews with the others with the same issue. Thankfully, I purchased this at Sephora. The saleslady told me I could try this product and return it if I did not like it. That is exactly what I am going to do. The search continues. I think I am going to try the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye complex next since I have a sample. We'll see how that goes...

This product burnt my eye area like NO other out there. I just don't feel like I should have to go to bed with my eye area on fire. I used it twice and returned it. I do not recommend anyone wasting the ton of money it costs on this one. OUCH.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Maybe Perricone needs to know about this horrible reaction you all are having with this product! I've read every review here and they almost all say something about welts, redness, itching, inflammation, etc. SCARY!!! It shouldn't be on the shelves!! (It sounds like).

on 3/18/2009 2:28:00 PM

This was made for people with moderate to severe puffines.
I bought this thinking about my fine lines and dark circles, but it didn't help in those issues, instead, it depuffed my already sunken periorbital area, and it made my skin burn like hell, plus I hated the packaging and it's very expensive (95 dls) :s not good for me