Wen by Chaz Dean Lavender Cleansing Conditioner

Wen by Chaz Dean Lavender  Cleansing Conditioner

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Lavender Extract, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Lavender Oil, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Witch Hazel, Ceteareth-20, Sweet Almond Oil, Menthol, Avocado Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid

I was really excited to try out the Wen line but disappointed. I don't see what's so great. First off, it's time consuming. You're supposed to comb your hair through to evenly distribute product and directions say the longer you leave it in, the better it works. Second, it doesn't clean well. My hair still feels unwashed after shampooing and way way too soft and thin like. It felt like I just put a handful of deep conditioner in my hair which of course blow dryed limp and bodiless. It definitely wouldn't work for someone who needs to wash out a lot of hairspray. I gave it two stars because it does make a fabulous deep conditioner that you can leave in your hair all night. Also I love the smell of lavender essential oil. I like the fact that it's all natural but just don't like how dull it made my hair. :( I also tried the Wen mousse which worked terrible too. I used it to scrunch my hair and my hair turned out frizzy and messy looking. I went back to my garnier scrunching mousse.

on 5/10/2016 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use to be a WEN girl up until my recent pregnancy. With all the essential oils the scent was overbearing and had to discontinue. However prior to being preggo I was WEN girl for 3 years.

This is the only scent that I have used did not agree with my scalp. (lots of seasonals, tea tree, sweet almond mint, fig and pomegranate) Horrid itch with the lavender cleanser. Shame because the smell is heavenly.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have been using Wen for almost a year and have been fortunate not to have had the excessive hair loss that many of its users have experienced. The Lavender Cleansing conditioner is my personal favorite of the bunch because I find that it provides the volume my hair needs without weighing my hair down, like most conditioner based cleansers.

For application purposes (and because i have medium length.medium thichkness hair), I use about eight pumps the first time, leave it in and rinse out, and do the same thing the second go round. I rinse it off with lukewarm to cold water, as I find that it holds the conditioning effects much better than just hot water. Afterwards, and depending how far along I go without haircuts, I'll add a small amount to my hair and comb in to combat dryness.

This is a fairly affordable product, especially if you use a subscription through the company's website. If you want more variations to the product line, go to the Chaz Dean website.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

THIS GARBAGE MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My natural hair color is close to black, very very dark brown, and I have had platinum blonde hair for the past 4 years of my life (unfortunately, at 24, I had to undergo chemotherapy & lost all my hair, but before this I also had my hair platinum blonde for about 3 years and heavily highlighted with platinum blonde for about 2 years before that.)

Needless to say, I torture my hair. I swore to myself when I lost it that I would never color treat it again and leave it healthy and untouched, but oh man did I miss my platinum blonde.

One problem I was running into was obtaining the growth I wanted while bleaching my hair on a monthly basis. My hair kept breaking, and no matter how many times I tried to cut it and start fresh, tried high-end conditioners and masks to keep my ends from splitting, tried shampooing & ironing/curling less, to my dismay my hair just wouldn't get to the length I wanted it to. I had long hair my entire life, so getting stuck with short hair was a challenge but one I had achieved, yet I still dreamed of having my long locks once again.

Finally, my mom-in-law introduced me to Wen. She purchased the Lavender which I admit isn't my favorite scent, but with the results I received from using the Wen products I could care less if the product smelled like old socks. FINALLY, my hair was growing down to the lengths I thought I'd never see again.

Not only did it allow me to achieve these lengths, but it left my hair shinier, softer, and more healthy-looking than it had ever been before in the many years I tortured my tresses. I used all sorts of high-end products in my previous years but NONE made my hair finally go back to the hair I so desperately wanted again the way Wen has.

My only qualm is the hefty price: I've been bumming them off my mom-in-law but now I need to purchase my own and it's just not in my price range right now. I've tried going back to the other high-end products I used before but I fear my hair will go back to breaking and honestly, my heart will break along with it. I will continue to google-shop until I can find a price for this product that I can afford, and hopefully in the near future I'll finally be out from underneath cancer's financial strain and be able to purchase this product on my own!

My only other complaint is the packaging and the fact that the pump definitely needs to be longer. Towards the end I turn the bottle upside down into a mason jar and use the product I get from there, but I often forget to do this step and find myself trying to pound the thick formula out from the bottom of the container, loosing my precious Wen.

However, neither of these things will stop me from purchasing this product in the future - as it gave me what I thought I lost and was a small victory in a decade full of defeats. I am so thankful I found Wen & hope others have the experience I've had with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have exclusively been using Wen by Chaz Dean Lavender Cleansing Conditioner for just under six months. I like this product because I feel like it is a lot healthier for my hair than using traditional shampoos. I have long hair that I'm trying to grow even longer, so I do what I can to keep it as healthy as possible.
I wash my hair every other day and let it air dry. My hair gets oily/greasy at the roots pretty easily. The day of washing my hair looks good, but by the next day it looks kind of greasy at the roots with this product.
The first time I used Wen was kind of a disaster. I used the recommended number of pumps for long hair (24-32) and my hair looked quite greasy. I have discovered it works best for me to use 9 pumps total: 3 pumps on top on my head, put my head down and flip my hair over and use 3 pumps on the back of my head, then 3 pumps on the length of my hair. I do this the first thing when I get in the shower. I put my hair up with the Wen in it for the rest of the shower then rinse it well when I'm done showering. I put 1/2 a pump in as a leave in conditioner.
Overall using Wen seems more time consuming than using a regular shampoo and conditioner. Also, it doesn't make my hair look amazing. It doesn't help with frizz like it claims to in my opinion either. Two other cons are that you can't just go to the store when you need more, and it's pretty pricey. But I like it because it doesn't damage my hair.

on 4/27/2015 11:25:00 PM

For me, Wen is ok. It didn't do amazing things for my hair, but it's not bad. I made a video about it if you want to know more. :)

on 9/10/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I borrowed this about a year ago from my friend and used it for a few weeks. I wanted to like it but nope I hated it! The scent was nasty,my friend loves it but I just can't stand it. Result wise...well it did great at cleansing my hair but made my ends really dry and zero volume.

The other CC's from Wen are great but this one was a huge let down.

on 1/29/2014 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT! PLEASE DO NOT USE. My hair was falling out in clumps in the shower. I thought nothing of it until my hair became brittle. I finally decided to look into shampoos because the WEN was not working anymore. I came across HUNDREDS of other users who experienced hair loss. There are shady ingredients in this stuff, and it is a dangerous product!!!!!!!

THANKFULLY, it has been a little over a month since i stopped use, and i am not losing hair in the shower. Also, I have baby hairs growing everywhere on my scalp, so the good news is that hair should grow back!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like everyone else has seen the infomercials for Wen and wondered how it would do for them. This is the second bottle of Wen I have used and the third scent I have tried. I love this scent and formula the best. Upon smelling, the scent smells really strong, but upon use it makes my scalp tingly and feels amazing. I have used this several different ways. The best way for me is to start at my scalp, work down to my ends and then rinse. Then I use it again, starting at my ends and ending at my scalp. Then I leave it in a few minutes before rinsing. I have found this makes my hair so soft. After showering I can apply the replenishing mist and let my hair naturally curl, use an oil on the ends and let it air dry, or I can apply the styling cream and volumizing spray and straighten it. No matter what I do my hair feels nice. I have never had such soft, silky hair. The biggest bonuses I have noticed since using Wen is my hair color is lasting longer (5 weeks) and my hair is growing so much better. I am using Wen, 2 Hair Skin Nail vitamins daily, and a growth serum on my scalp every other wash. All of those things together have given me the healthiest hair. I love the packaging on this. It seems to have a non stick coating. I can put on the original cap and turn this upside down and it just all comes out. There is no waste with the bottle's packaging. This is definitely worth the money and I will continue to repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials