Maybelline lineworks waterproof liquid liner: black

No Image

1.8

I used to wear this eyeliner religiously in university.... And then maybelline changed the formula. When I purchased it, the packaging stated "new and improved formula!" Well this new and improved liner left red angry lines where I had applied my liquid liner. It looked like someone with a very fine whip attacked my eyes and left 2 fine welts right above my eyelashes. Went back to my SA at shoppers drug mart (in Canada) and showed her what happened... She told me I must be allergic to something in the new ingredient list. :(

on 10/20/2011 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay so I currently use the tapered felt tip version of this liquid liner and it is my all-time FAVORITE! The felt-tip version sadly got discontinued and replaced by a more expensive, crappier "Line Stiletto" which sucks! I went to Wal-Mart and totally bought out their left over supply of the "Lineworks" felt-tip liquid liner (which was like 7 left) but it was worth it for me since it was only $5 each and since they d/c'd it I knew it was now or never! I hate the brush on version because even though its the same awesome formula, the application is so useless with the brush it's a total fail. I wish they d/c'd the brush instead of the felt tip! Anyways, the formula is great - waterproof, smooth application, and doesn't irritate my eyes. it's also not incredibly hard to remove.

on 11/23/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this product because you get so much product for a good price! I applied this product for about 2 weeks and came to the conclusion that i hate it! it flakes alot and only syayed on about an hour then started flaking on onto my under eye area... and the application brush/stick is horrible! i started dipping a eyeliner brush in instead for better application! i do not recommend this product because there are lots of other cheaper ones that are better!

This was my go-to black liquid liner for about a decade. I loved it. Maybelline has now discontinued it in favor of their new (and slightly more expensive) Stiletto liquid liner, which flakes off and is NOT worth the price jump. Boo, Maybelline, for discontinuing this product!

Maybelline's original Line Works liquid eyeliner was my HG liner for years. I tried the waterproof for fun, and hated it.
Then one day, there was only the waterproof version, and my favorite eyeliner had been discontinued.

I gave in and tried it again, after trying other brands of liquid eyeliner that irritated my eyes or smeared all over.

I agree with the previous review, it felt sort of sticky. I'm guessing it's the polymers that make it waterproof that do that. It dries shiny, and flakes off in gummy clumps at even the slightest touch. If you try, you can actually peel the line right off your lid.
Not recommended.

I, too, am a liquid liner pro (liquid and gels...itís pencils that I canít use well), I wear liner everyday and I love to create drama with it. Iíve got oily skin and work 12-hr shifts in a high humidity area and I simply canít recommend this.

I tried this based on the recs from the MU board. $6 wasted imo. I am willing to settle on my eyeliner demands (lasting power, convenience and a reasonable price, respectively) if I can find one that stands out in one of these areas. The packaging concept of this liner is great, many other brands have a liner with the same. Itís small/slender, convenient, and comes with itís own brush. However, Maybelline has messed this up somehow, either by the formula or the brush causing the brush to skip and pull on the skin. The formula isnít waterproof...in fact, itís easily smudged on my oily skin. It also goes on strangely, doesnít just glide on as a liquid liner should...itís sticky, sort of. Shaking the package as directed helps with this issue but doesnít resolve it. Price is good, but everything else fails.

Can you work with this liner and get the look youíre going for? Sure. But it just doesnít cut it for me esp when itís smudges like crazy and I have other liners that *work for ME*, not me with them.

My HGís remain undefeated (MACís Blacktrack fluidline and Cocobar liquidlast). continued >>