L'Oreal HIP Cream Shadow Paint

L'Oreal HIP Cream Shadow Paint

Isododecane, Talc, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Lauroyl Lysine, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Paraffin, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 75470/Carmine.

on 7/31/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was lucky enough to find these in a bin at the 99cent store! Much to my surprise, they're great! The nude shades works really well as a base to keep your eye makeup from smearing or creasing, but they are pretty good on there own as well.
I find that they go on a little smoother if you use your finger and not the brush that comes with them. Much easier to blend that way.
As another reviewer said, the only bad thing is that the pressure in the tube causes too much product to come out, without even squeezing.

on 7/31/2011 5:37:00 PM

I have Lofty, Steely and Secretive. I really like these. They can be used as a base or on their own. They do not crease. They do not irritate my eyes. They're good. I got them in a swap, so I can't comment on the price. I don't even know if they sell them in stores anymore. They last pretty well too.

I have this in witty, lofty and nervy. Nervy is definitely my favourite.
They all have great pigmentation and a little goes a long way with this product. The staying power is amazing! Once it dries, it will not budge at all.
I have yellow undertones to my skin and nervy seems to compliment it the most. Lofty comes up as a slightly peachy colour which I quite like because it brightens up my eyes. I don't like witty so much because it looks orange on me and makes me look clownish..
The only complaints I have about this product is that the pressure in the tube causes waste of a lot of product and it can be hard to blend out.

on 12/20/2010 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

WOW! I have this in Steely, Lofty, Nervy and Secretive. Every product I love ends up being discontinued. I saw that the shadow paints were being discontinued at Walgreens and were on sale for 2 bucks each, and I figured, I bet I might like them. Oh boy was I right. Easy application. The pigment was strong but not ridiculous. Incredible texture. It looked great on and stayed in place. WOW!

on 11/12/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

its a good creamy product and pigmented the only thing i dont like is the color it makes my eye look all cakey and fake.

on 3/10/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased two of these on clearance #807 Secretive (beige) and #813 Witty (brown). Alone as eyeshadow they were horrible; heavy, cakey and unflattering.

I tried again later to go cheap and try using #807 as a base instead of going out and getting a MAC paint pot. They don't just become dry they dry quickly and even doing one eye at a time they just didn't work for me. Too heavy and drying, wearing them is just uncomfortable.

on 2/11/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have 2 of these, Secretive and Commanding, and I love them to death. The brush they come with kinda suck. I mean, they're usable, and I have used them, but they streak when you're trying to blend. It's easier to either use your own concealer brush, or just pat it on with a finger. These stick around all day. Lately I've been skipping a step, foregoing the UDPP and just wearing these, and they definitely do the job.

These are clearance like, everywhere right now. Get them soon if you're lemming them, I think they're going bye bye soon.

on 1/28/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love these! I have them in every color. I got them for a steal, so I think they are being discontinued. Maybe they'll resurrect themselves in different packaging hopefully. I always use this over UDPP or TFSI so they never crease on me. Plus I only use this as a base only under other powder shadows. It really makes my eyeshadows pop and adds more dimension. I have Mac paint pot in Soft Ochre and used that all the time, but I got too bored with it since it's too plain; I love soft ochre, but it's just blah and I think it's too light on me. But these just make my eyeshadows a lot more interesting depending which color I use with it. Get these if you can still find them. I really think these are high quality for ds. Lastly, I really love the packaging because it is so small and compact and does not take up a lot of space like the PP do. Luv em.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Such a nice product! I'm really surprised by this one! It blends beautifully then stays put, doesn't crease, stays vibrant, holds my eyeshadow in place. My smokey eyes have never looked better. I found mine at the $0.99 Store (can't beat that price with a stick) and definitely worth it, I have absolutely zero complaints on this.

just would like to announce that i found HIP paints at my 99 cent store for 99 cents each. i almost did a dance in the makeup aisle. i don't think it's just the 99 stores around me because i don't live next to stores that are up to date. my target still doesn't have the HIP jelly balms. but anyways, i've paid up to $14 for these in the pharmacy so i'm really excited. i hope it doesn't mean that they're being discontinued : (

onto the product: i've tried secretive, witty, and lofty. lofty is my favorite. i like light pinks, and lofty is a light pink with a slight shimmer. all of the paints i've tried have pretty good staying power. sadly, they do crease at the end of the day, but i have extremely oily lids, so it'd prob last longer for most. for the time that it doesn't crease, shadows blend easily and i do believe it makes them more vibrant. i can exercise with sweat dripping down my face, and the shadow doesn't fade. a couple of times i've even taken a shower (with eyeshadow on, careful not to get face wet) and it still stays on. if you're looking for a drugstore cream shadow that can serve as a base or just work on its own, i think this would be a good choice.