no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

14 years ago

Chocolatey as always!! Great ingredients list. Sometimes I add a few drops of this to my palmers lotion and other times just use it as a bath oil. 3 capfuls of this choco stuff and you're skin is sooooo soft. Mmmmm...... 1 lippy off for packaging

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

2.0

14 years ago

I bought this because I love the smell of the butter, and I thought it would be a lighter alternative to use daily. The smell is not the same and it didn't moisturise my skin enough, in fact, I can even say that it made me itch after. Love the smell of neutrogena sesame oil but again, not moisturising enough for me.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

Love it! It dries very quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling at all! Also I like the spray bottle that they have too. Lastly, you can beat the price!

About reviewer (114 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Dark, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

2.0

14 years ago

I tried. I really did. Upon the first whiff, i thought, "Mmmm... chocolate!" HOURS later, however, as I struggled to breathe through what reminded me of a cheap chocolate easter bunny, I thought, "Aagkchhh... chocolate!" I must add that I am typically a big fan of foody scents. NOT this one! Oh, and when it finally did fade, a LITTLE, the next day, it smelled nohing like chocolate and a lot like, I dunno, a grubby, sweaty 4-year-old who just came off the playground in July. In Alabama. Those of you who know that smell know that it's not one you want to slather all over and go man-huntin'! I was expecting to emerge from the shower a glistening, cocoa butter-scented goddess. Quite disappointing.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

HairRed

14 years ago

This is my first time using this product and I must say that I quite like it. When the bottle says to use after a shower, I think they mean after you towel off, because its well known that oil and water dont mix. I'm accostomed to using lotions and creams on my skin so to switch to using an oil only was quite a step for me and I must say I'm quite pleased. A little of this goes a long way. It absorbs into the skin quite nicely, it doesnt leave it greasy but it has a nice sheen to it. I dont particulary care for the scent but it fades quickly when applied to the skin. I live in the tropics and the sun can be cruel to your skin and dry out your skin rather quickly. I must say with this, I never have to reapply my skin is always moisturized and smooth. And I also dab some of this on my face when the soap dries it out. It absorbs quickly leaving my face feeling baby soft. This is a great purchase

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Other, Warm

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Fine

EyesHazel

14 years ago

Lovely, light oil that doesn't leave you overly greasy. Love the chocolate-vanilla smell as well. Great for smoothing on after a bath or shower.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

I'm really happy with Palmer's Cocoa Butter Body Oil. I actually use it as a makeup remover, before I wash with Palmer's Cocoa Butter soap. It removes all of my makeup (Bare Minerals) without a struggle, and my complexion has never looked this good.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry

HairBlond

EyesBlue

14 years ago

My HG body oil. I absolutely love the chocolatey smell of this oil. I only use this after my shower at night as this would clash with the smell of my perfume during the day. I haven't found another body oil that moisturizes my skin any better than this and I have extremely dry skin. This is something I find myself repurchasing again and again and again.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

14 years ago

Firstly the smell - I really love it because I love a chocolate smell. It's very sweet and strong at first but after it's soaked in and you're dry it's just a subtle smell. I apply it when I've just stepped out of the shower and when my skin is still wet which is maybe where I'm going wrong but it doesn't seem to soak in that well - maybe I use too much product at one time but usually when I put it on it turns to a creamy milk on my body! It's alright though I don't mind too much. When I'm dry though my skin feels supple and has a slight sheen and stays a bit oily for like half an hour but then all through the day I have no problem with dry skin because of using this after a shower! I love the whole Palmers Cocoa Butter range and this is no exception but the only reason I didn't rate it 5 was that the packaging is a bit rubbish really, it leaks and you can't control too well how much comes out at a time but I can't think of what other sort of packaging they could have used! Overall - yum.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination

HairBrown

15 years ago

My SIL got me hooked on this while we were both pregnant. I had been using Palmers for stretch marks, but always wanting to try something new, I bought some of this. I LOVE the stuff. It makes my skin so smooth and smells divine. I used it all over my body right after getting out of the shower and it absorbed very quickly and left me with soft skin and no greasy feeling. I never got stretch marks with either of my pregnancies and I have Palmer's to thank for that!!!

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age19-24