Palmer's Body Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product caused a massive 3 day long rash and little bother from customer "care"?

on 5/16/2016 3:36:00 PM

this is my holy grail product. as soon as I get out of the shower I apply it all over to my skin still damp and then dry as normal. I've never felt more smooth and soft and hydrated. I swear by this stuff. it also leaves me smelling really nice like marshmallows. I have horrible dry skin and this does the trick.

on 7/15/2010 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on a whim since baby oil just doesn't seem to be enough for my skin the last few weeks. The trick to using this (or any body oil) is to apply them to wet skin, and when doing this I don't have to follow this with any lotion, which I would have to do with baby oil (also applied to wet skin) or any oil applied to dry skin. I love the scent of this, but it does fade over the day, and by nighttime I can't smell it anymore. I also like using a more natural oil on my skin, and though it is greasy initially it does sink in after a while. I would definitely purchase again.

I love this stuff. Smells great. I use it in the bath for an allover body moisturisation. I also use it as a shaving oil and leaves my legs lovely and soft.
Its also nice to pop onto your shins for a sheen, also on the collar bone :)
I just love this stuff :)

on 8/19/2008 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I put this in my bath and slather it on before a shower, and then use a body scrub. My skin stays baby smooth all year round with this routine. It's great stuff but does smell a bit cloying if you use it on its own as a moisturiser.
Tip: When my bank balance is in the red, I mix this oil and a handful of sugar for a budget sugar scrub. Has the same effect as commercial ones for a fraction of the price!
UPDATE: Works even better if you apply it to soaking wet skin straight from the bath, pat dry and then apply the lotion. Heaven!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have an absolute addiction to Palmer's products right now! I have the pump lotion, the jar and now have the oil. The Body oil is fantastic, pretty, light and moisturising. I use it in my bath and I apply it in the morning before I dress. I love the scent but can see how some would find it cloying.
UPDATE: I've stopped using this on my body in the morning as I've rediscovered a proudly South African product: Bio-Oil and now only use Palmers oil in the bath as a bath oil.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

A good replacement for my usual baby oil after shower routine. The smell is really sugary and is uplifting and comforting. It borders on sickly though, so thankfully its fragrance only lasts a few minutes. Might get a new bottle for it though as the packaging is a bit slippery and unpredictable. Will try neutrogena next.

on 1/14/2005 4:02:00 PM

I HAVE PALMER'S COCOA BUTTER FORMULA, MOISTURIZING BODY OIL WITH VITAMIN E, LIGHTLY SCENTED. I HOPE THEY DID NOT CHANGE THEIR ORIGINAL FORMULATION, WHICH I OWN, BECAUSE IT IS PERFECT. IT ABSORBS QUICKLY, LEAVING MY SKIN BABY SOFT, WITH A GENTLE SHEEN TO IT. THE SMELL IS OKAY (I LIKE THAT IT FADES DOWN TO A BARELY NOTICEABLE FRAGRANCE). ITíS A SHAME IF THEY DID CHANGE IT Ė AS THE SAYING GOES Ė DONíT FIX IT IF ITíS NOT BROKEN. MAYBE THEY ARE TRYING TO CUT COSTS??

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First of all I really love Palmer's Cocoa Butter products. Like this one they all have a wonderful vanilla/chocolate scent that will drive you crazy, however I didnt like this product. I found this oil didnt absorb very well- it pretty much coated the outer layer of my skin but did not actually moisturize. Even after sitting there rubbing it for 5 minutes it would not penetrate. Needless to say my legs were an oily/greasy mess that smelled like choco-vanilla. They were smooth and oily feeling but I could feel no actual moisture for my dry legs. I feel so bad I have to give this oil a low score because all of the other products by them have gotten high reviews. It gets 2 lippies for the cheap price, and delicious scent. I hope they re-formulate this so it can have a deep moisturizing affect like most oils have. I havent tried adding it to a bath because I have oily skin and only need it for my legs.

on 8/8/2004 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love slathering this stuff all over my legs after I shave them. The smoothness lasts for at least two days afterward (I usually have very dry skin on my legs.) It feels a bit oily and greasy upon initial application, but it absorbs very quickly.
And since it is made by Palmers, it smells wonderful!