Palmer's Body Oil

No Image

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Fabulous! I use this in summer when it's too hot for lotion. Smells good and natural/light and evens your tan. The bottle is annoying - you will get your bathroom oily. It would be an awesome spray. It's a little heavy - but just a little - so if you apply sparingly fresh out the shower, you're good. Sometimes harder to find.

on 8/8/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a daily beauty staple for my skin. It's so rich and moisturizing, i find i don't even need to use moisturizer (although i follow it up with the palmer's cocoa butter :P).
It's very cheap, a little goes a long way: I have a bottle of this in the shower, and when I'm finished and still wet i get a tiny bit in my hands and smooth it all over myself (the water helps it spread).

Then i get out, and dab my body dry with a towel so to not wipe it all off. This is great for an anti-irritator after shaving, and lightly fragrances your skin and it feels like silk! I'd say its a bit too much to use on dry skin, but hey to each their own.

There are a few downsides...the packaging and the smell. I love the scent ... don't get me wrong ... but it's not something i want to smell 24/7 as it tends to be quite strong, even when its diluted by all the water on my body. I have my own perfume so tend to keep this off my arms, neck and chest so it's not too overpowering. Also..If it came in a spray type bottle, i think it would be perfect. The screw lid is just a little clumsy and it's hard to get the right amount of oil sometimes - but these aren't enough for me to take a lippie off.

I prefer this to the cocoa butter moisturizer - it seems just to work better. I highly recommend to those with dry skin, or those who get irritated after shaving! Overall, I'm glad i decided to pick it up :) and would most definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Chocolatey as always!! Great ingredients list. Sometimes I add a few drops of this to my palmers lotion and other times just use it as a bath oil. 3 capfuls of this choco stuff and you're skin is sooooo soft. Mmmmm...... 1 lippy off for packaging

on 9/26/2005 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

My HG body oil. I absolutely love the chocolatey smell of this oil. I only use this after my shower at night as this would clash with the smell of my perfume during the day. I haven't found another body oil that moisturizes my skin any better than this and I have extremely dry skin. This is something I find myself repurchasing again and again and again.