Palmer's Body Oil

No Image

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

This is thee one for me!!! I was currently using the L'occitane almond oil which is so so expensive!!! so I switched to be able to have an upkeep of this product.. I love the price of it.. the smell is so lovely and it super moisturizes my skin!! win win for all!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Can't believe I just started using this given that the use of body oil post showering has long been my preferred means of keeping my skin soft and moist (it so much easier and more effective than body lotion!). For some reason it never occurred to me that Palmer's made their cocoa butter products in an oil form. I had been using baby oil all this time which works just fine, but Palmer's is a more natural and better smelling alternative. It's fantastic at banishing the painfully itchy dryness I often experience around my sides, hips and thighs during the winter and leaves my legs incredibly smooth after shaving. I just slather it on right after I shut off the water in the shower, rub it in as best I can and then towel off the excess as I dry off. So much more efficient than using lotion on dry skin! Love the scent too. It smells just like you'd expect any cocoa butter based product to, like creamy and sweet hot cocoa. At around $5 for 8 oz it's a little more expensive than baby oil, but still cheap enough that the minor splurge isn't enough to fuss over.

on 8/20/2011 12:13:00 AM

I normally use pure lavender body oil but I've been looking to create something I can use in bulk. So I managed to pick up this bottle and am reasonably impressed with the outcome of mixing 3/4 Palmers with 1/4 Lavender oil.

To maximise your application and reduce wastage, pour the product into a spray bottle and use that. If you pour the liquid straight into your hand, it leads to uneven application and risk of wastage if the product spills. A quick spritz of the spray bottle at the end of your shower is quick and easy. Simply rub in and pat dry when you step out, voila.

The smell is in my opinion a little offputting (I'm not a fan of the warm vanilla/cocoa scents) because it is still strong enough that it will have an impact on any perfume you spray on. While I say I would buy this again, if I found something else within the same price range I would probably switch.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love it, works better then other body moisturizer and multi purpose product out there ! It's dirt cheap and value for money, I paid about $10 (Australian) for it and is comes in 250mls + a little goes a long way. The down side would be the packaging is ok but could be better, I find the bottle leaks , if I travel with it I just put it in a zip lock sandwhich bag and the problem is solved. It asorbs fast but bare in mind if you use too much it does take loger to absorb. The smell is ok, I found some reviewers mentioned they dont like the smell or its too strong but what do u expect its made out of cocoa oil!

I love this stuff. Smells great. I use it in the bath for an allover body moisturisation. I also use it as a shaving oil and leaves my legs lovely and soft.
Its also nice to pop onto your shins for a sheen, also on the collar bone :)
I just love this stuff :)

YUCK!!! The smell is too strong and it doesn't absorb very well. I agree with everyone about the bottle, if you do use this, put it in a spray bottle. Better yet, just get some vegetable oil from the supermarket and use that instead.

on 3/3/2008 5:57:00 PM

Bought this today. It feels great on my skin and soaks in really well even on dry skin. The smell is a bit more baby oily than I'd like - which is odd cos it isn't made of the same stuff. I think I might do as other MUA reviewers have and switch it into a spray bottle too as the packaging isn't great. Otherwise - good product.

I perfer this body oil over Johnsons & Johnsons any day! It is very light weight but also very moisturizing!! I love love love the smell, but it's not something I would put on during the day. I use this body oil after a shower while my skin is still damp. I have also used it on my feet and it works wonders. The only thing that I dislike it the bottle. It's a pain in the ass, so I've transfered it into a spary bottle so it is MUCH easier to apply.

on 7/24/2006 1:48:00 PM

There are a few body oils by Palmers...this is the cocoa Butter formula with vit E, made from soy oils and not the mineral oil one.
WHAT I LIKE: Lite, dry oil type of formula, made from soy oils which helps to soften and reduce the hair on my legs and bikini area. Absorbs immediately with absolutely no residue so it doesn't stain my clothes. Quick and easy to use after the shower (I'm getting really lazy lately and I'm sick of rubbing in lotions and creams then waiting a year for them to absorb so I can get dressed). Scent is a subtle cocoa scent that I really like. I normally loathe anything even remotely chocolate or cocoa butter smelling on my body (makes be gag), but this smells pure and light...not sickly sweet or artificial. Scent doesn't last long either so doesn't interfere with other scents. Super cheap. $4.50 for a 12 oz bottle.
WHAT I DON'T LIKE: Only the packaging blows. I have the flip top so you have to pour it out. Leaks like crazy so can't take it with me. Solved this by transfering to my own spray bottle and it works much better. I've never been able to find the spray bottle they supposedly sell this in.
Overall this is just good stuff and I'm quickly becoming addicted to.

INGREDIENTS: Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Isopropyl Myristate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower), PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance Parfum, Benzophenone-3, Tocopherol Acetate, BHA, Beta-Carotene CI 40800

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Chocolatey as always!! Great ingredients list. Sometimes I add a few drops of this to my palmers lotion and other times just use it as a bath oil. 3 capfuls of this choco stuff and you're skin is sooooo soft. Mmmmm...... 1 lippy off for packaging