Palmer's Body Oil

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

4.3

on 5/16/2016 3:36:00 PM

this is my holy grail product. as soon as I get out of the shower I apply it all over to my skin still damp and then dry as normal. I've never felt more smooth and soft and hydrated. I swear by this stuff. it also leaves me smelling really nice like marshmallows. I have horrible dry skin and this does the trick.

on 10/29/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has good ingredients and works great as an after-shower moisturizer, but it smells like Play-dough, so I won't be buying again. I add a capful to my bath along with some nice smelling essential oils to mask the smell, and come out moisturized nicely.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A couple times a week I slather this all over myself after shaving, it keeps my skin healthy and soft for days afterward. The bottle leaks and makes it difficult to travel with.
I will always keep this product in my body care rotation.

on 6/15/2009 10:36:00 PM

I have tried this on dry and damp skin and it seems more effective when used on damp or wet skin and then blot dry with a towel. The foody chocolate chip cookie dough scent is diluted somewhat that way. Straight up, the smell is a bit over the top, plus takes longer to absorb. My bottle is a bit leaky and this seems a common problem. I like that this does not contain mineral oil. Good quality product for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this product. It makes my skin VERY soft and silky, and is especially good on my legs after shaving. I use it after showering, before applying cocoa butter, which really seals in the moisture (although this isn't recommended for hot days, as it becomes sticky). Only a little is needed so it lasts for a long time, and the sugary scent is an added bonus!

on 7/13/2008 6:24:00 AM

I love Palmer's cocoa butter products and this one is no exception. It moisurises really well. I use it all the time in summer-I just pour some out and rub it into my legs and they look nice and moisturised.

The only problems are 1. The Bottle-it should be a spray bottle or have a better lid and 2. The Smell-I love the usual smell of Palmer's products and while this one isn't bad-it's not as nice as the usual products.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love the way this goes on and makes my skin feel, but by god, it stinks. Initially, I didn't find the smell too objectionable (it smells a bit like very sweet chocolate) but after a while, all I wanted to do was get in the shower and scrub it off. The smell lingers and matures over many hours. I would suggest trying a sample first to ascertain whether you can withstand the fragrance. I can only wear this when I am going out and spray myself with a strong perfume that overpowers the smell of this oil.

on 9/13/2007 8:03:00 PM

I just decant this into an old bottle with a squirt top ... easy!
This is the best oil - i love the scent (i wish it lingered) and it is ultra moisturising! BUT ... I actually use it as a shave oil. I am prone to awful shave rash and heard that oils were better (glide) but they are usually really exy. I thought, bugger it = i'm trying with this product and its sensational. Not only were my legs so easy to shave but they are so moisturised! I will continue to use this product as a shave oil.

on 5/21/2005 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My first reaction when opening the seal on this bottle of oil was one of disappointment, because it does not smell like the cocoa butter lotion, which I absolutely love. However, the scent of the oil is certainly very inoffensive so I'm not complaining about it. It seems somehow nuttier than the lotion, and does not smell like I expect cocoa butter to smell.
The packaging could do with some improvement. I use this oil while standing in the bath, still dripping wet from my shower, and it is quite difficult to keep hold of the bottle, pour oil into my hand, close the cap, and not knock the bottle over. The cap is one of those where you press one side to flip open the other. Anyway, I would have preferred a spray type so there was no risk of knocking it over and have oil pour everywhere.
Aside from my minor gripes about the scent and bottle design, I really love this product. Used on damp skin, it leaves me feeling fresh, clean, and silky soft. I can see this being used after every shower during the summer, particularly if I've been out in the sun and my skin is a bit parched. It's quick to apply, doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, and does exactly what I bought it for.
Edited to add that this makes a great shaving oil. I used it on my bikini line, with a rather blunt razor, which is usually a recipe for red bumpy disaster. A day later, I'm still silky smooth. Result! continued >>

on 3/16/2004 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Great Product- Non-greasy & Super Moisturizing! The scent is okay..definately more summery, but I love the softness & sheen it give to my skin! The poptop sucks... so i may have to transfer to a better bottle... but hey, can't be THAT bad, I just went and bought my second bottle! :)