Palmer's Body Oil

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/5/2009 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a wonderful and affordable body oil. A girlfriend and I were talking and she said she uses body oil instead of lotions since her skin gets so dry; so when I was in the drug store and saw this for BOGOF I couldn't resist.

I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, so far I think this is better than any lotion I have ever used. About an 1 or so after applying lotion my skin feels itch and dry again. With this oil it seems to keep my skin nice and soft all day long. I apply right away after a show, it seems like I have to put quite a bit on as it doesn't seem to spead easily - that's ok.

It does have the signature chocolate scent but by the time I am done with my hair and makeup the oil sunk in and the scent faded. I even asked my co-workers if they thought I smelled like a huge hershey bar...they said they didn't smell anything until I thrusted my arm under their noses and made the smell me :)

Overall, I think this is a great product and for under $2 bucks its a real steal. If you don't like it as a body oil put some in a bath or use it as a body scrub in the shower. Or a nice romantic massage...my hubby loves this stuff!!

on 5/3/2007 1:24:00 AM

This is a decent body oil. It moisturizers pretty well & absorbs quickly. Admittedly, however, I am not a fan of the *chocolatey* fragrance.

My HG of body oils. Love the smell of this stuff, quickly absorbing, leaves my skin very soft and with a goregous glow. Definite re-buy again and again.

on 6/23/2006 6:52:00 AM

I bought this because I love the smell of the butter, and I thought it would be a lighter alternative to use daily. The smell is not the same and it didn't moisturise my skin enough, in fact, I can even say that it made me itch after. Love the smell of neutrogena sesame oil but again, not moisturising enough for me.

on 1/4/2006 12:38:00 AM

Lovely, light oil that doesn't leave you overly greasy. Love the chocolate-vanilla smell as well. Great for smoothing on after a bath or shower.

good for skin dried out by the sun-smell is over the top tho-so use when no one else is around. have purchased small bottles on more than 1 occassion.

on 7/23/2004 9:36:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff in my bath. Adding 2-3 capfuls of this oil under running water does wonders for your skin. You really do feel the difference after. I usually have scaly, thick spider-web looking dry skin (from years of youthful neglect)...

But the difference was amazing! I don't think it is oily ENOUGH or thick enough - it's a little watery, you have to use a LOT to get the results I got, but worth every penny.

on 1/31/2003 11:24:00 AM

The original bottle leaked all over my bathroom, but after transferring to an empty Kiehl's bottle, this is my favorite oil. I use this in the shower just before I get out, and it really gives a moisture boost to my regular body lotions. Slight chocolate scented, but not overpowering.