Palmer's Body Oil

No Image

on 5/16/2016 3:36:00 PM

this is my holy grail product. as soon as I get out of the shower I apply it all over to my skin still damp and then dry as normal. I've never felt more smooth and soft and hydrated. I swear by this stuff. it also leaves me smelling really nice like marshmallows. I have horrible dry skin and this does the trick.

on 2/8/2016 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I recommend using this by mixing it in your palm with the Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion and then applying - it's a great way to add more moisture to the skin and is less messy then straight application. After 4-5 days my dry winter skin was nourished and soft. And it lasts forever.

on 3/12/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this today and I love love love this. Its a little hard to find depending what stores you have nearby. It around 10$ and I think its a good price. The smell isn't amazing and it isn't bad at all. Its ok. I use this right when I get out of the shower. My skin feels very smooth and had no greasy feeling or anything at all. It just feels like natural smooth skin if that makes sense. I'm thinking about using it on my face to even my skintone out. I will update this review in two months. I also used half a pump on my severly damaged hair. I have stripped and twice bleached ombre hair. I added it to my organix coconut serum, (which didn't do anything for my hair by itself) and I applied it only on my bleached ends.. Much to my suprise!! My hair is silky smooth and is the best its ever been!! It is nowhere near greasy either, it just soaked up in my hair. wow, just amazing!! This is definately a staple in my life from this day foward.

This is thee one for me!!! I was currently using the L'occitane almond oil which is so so expensive!!! so I switched to be able to have an upkeep of this product.. I love the price of it.. the smell is so lovely and it super moisturizes my skin!! win win for all!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product!
It is so perfect for dry skin and it smells delicious. I use it everyday and my skin is now so soft and smooth. It hasn't irritated my skin which quite sensitive and it makes it glow and look healthy and radiant (seriously).

on 1/18/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Really glad I tried this product - has become a staple in a month. Have dry eczemaic skin and need extra help in winter. Really recommend putting this on after shower. And if your skin is very cracked and dry and showering is difficult, put it on before you go in shower.

Tonnes better than baby oil which I found doesnt sink in well and doesnt last long. This gives you a lot of moistre - I still have to moisturise with cream after due to my skin but for lots of others imagine, this after shower would be enough. In summer reckon i could get away with this oil and a lighter cream.

Not fan of smell - lile my oils to smell fresher, lemony. But so good, i can overlook that & dont find it lingers on skin anyway. Can also see how would be tricky to travel with so I would probably use different container.

Theres not much choice of good body oils out there, unless you have a lot of money. Comparatively, you get a lot for your fiver with this. Thanks Palmers!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Can't believe I just started using this given that the use of body oil post showering has long been my preferred means of keeping my skin soft and moist (it so much easier and more effective than body lotion!). For some reason it never occurred to me that Palmer's made their cocoa butter products in an oil form. I had been using baby oil all this time which works just fine, but Palmer's is a more natural and better smelling alternative. It's fantastic at banishing the painfully itchy dryness I often experience around my sides, hips and thighs during the winter and leaves my legs incredibly smooth after shaving. I just slather it on right after I shut off the water in the shower, rub it in as best I can and then towel off the excess as I dry off. So much more efficient than using lotion on dry skin! Love the scent too. It smells just like you'd expect any cocoa butter based product to, like creamy and sweet hot cocoa. At around $5 for 8 oz it's a little more expensive than baby oil, but still cheap enough that the minor splurge isn't enough to fuss over.

on 7/15/2010 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on a whim since baby oil just doesn't seem to be enough for my skin the last few weeks. The trick to using this (or any body oil) is to apply them to wet skin, and when doing this I don't have to follow this with any lotion, which I would have to do with baby oil (also applied to wet skin) or any oil applied to dry skin. I love the scent of this, but it does fade over the day, and by nighttime I can't smell it anymore. I also like using a more natural oil on my skin, and though it is greasy initially it does sink in after a while. I would definitely purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A couple times a week I slather this all over myself after shaving, it keeps my skin healthy and soft for days afterward. The bottle leaks and makes it difficult to travel with.
I will always keep this product in my body care rotation.

on 8/8/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a daily beauty staple for my skin. It's so rich and moisturizing, i find i don't even need to use moisturizer (although i follow it up with the palmer's cocoa butter :P).
It's very cheap, a little goes a long way: I have a bottle of this in the shower, and when I'm finished and still wet i get a tiny bit in my hands and smooth it all over myself (the water helps it spread).

Then i get out, and dab my body dry with a towel so to not wipe it all off. This is great for an anti-irritator after shaving, and lightly fragrances your skin and it feels like silk! I'd say its a bit too much to use on dry skin, but hey to each their own.

There are a few downsides...the packaging and the smell. I love the scent ... don't get me wrong ... but it's not something i want to smell 24/7 as it tends to be quite strong, even when its diluted by all the water on my body. I have my own perfume so tend to keep this off my arms, neck and chest so it's not too overpowering. Also..If it came in a spray type bottle, i think it would be perfect. The screw lid is just a little clumsy and it's hard to get the right amount of oil sometimes - but these aren't enough for me to take a lippie off.

I prefer this to the cocoa butter moisturizer - it seems just to work better. I highly recommend to those with dry skin, or those who get irritated after shaving! Overall, I'm glad i decided to pick it up :) and would most definitely repurchase.