Palmer's Body Oil

No Image

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product caused a massive 3 day long rash and little bother from customer "care"?

on 1/24/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I guess I'm raining on the parade here. I bought this because it was affordable, good size and looked good for dry winter skin. In the product's defence I have sensitive eczema prone skin so I should have been more cautious as I knew it contained fragrance. It seemed ok the first week or so and I assumed it was safe on my skin and would not cause adverse effects, but I was mistaken as it wasn't an immediate reaction.This gave me bad eczema for the first time in a good while and it irritated various other spots on my skin. I saw another reviewer below mention that they were eczema prone but enjoyed this product so who knows it might be ok on you too.

It feels rather rich and luxurious upon application, but I did find the scent to be overwhelming. It was very strong and not even a pleasant fragrance in my opinion. I also found the packaging annoying, the oil spurts out messily and in large amounts. It also disappointed me because it wasn't even that moisturising and skin sensitivities aside, other body oil blends have done a better job. My skin would gradually dry out again in the following 2-3 hours.

YUCK!!! The smell is too strong and it doesn't absorb very well. I agree with everyone about the bottle, if you do use this, put it in a spray bottle. Better yet, just get some vegetable oil from the supermarket and use that instead.

on 11/26/2007 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I went for it first because of the scent and the hope of quick application. I was using it for quite a while and liked it. However after some time I realized that it gets onto my sheets and even clothes and they will smell like old cooking oil. It's even hard to get out with washing. I switched to the lotion and I don't have this problem. The lotion is the best one I've ever used. Scent is one major factor for me when using skincare products and Palmer's cocoa lotion wins!

on 6/23/2006 6:52:00 AM

I bought this because I love the smell of the butter, and I thought it would be a lighter alternative to use daily. The smell is not the same and it didn't moisturise my skin enough, in fact, I can even say that it made me itch after. Love the smell of neutrogena sesame oil but again, not moisturising enough for me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried. I really did. Upon the first whiff, i thought, "Mmmm... chocolate!" HOURS later, however, as I struggled to breathe through what reminded me of a cheap chocolate easter bunny, I thought, "Aagkchhh... chocolate!" I must add that I am typically a big fan of foody scents. NOT this one! Oh, and when it finally did fade, a LITTLE, the next day, it smelled nohing like chocolate and a lot like, I dunno, a grubby, sweaty 4-year-old who just came off the playground in July. In Alabama. Those of you who know that smell know that it's not one you want to slather all over and go man-huntin'! I was expecting to emerge from the shower a glistening, cocoa butter-scented goddess. Quite disappointing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First of all I really love Palmer's Cocoa Butter products. Like this one they all have a wonderful vanilla/chocolate scent that will drive you crazy, however I didnt like this product. I found this oil didnt absorb very well- it pretty much coated the outer layer of my skin but did not actually moisturize. Even after sitting there rubbing it for 5 minutes it would not penetrate. Needless to say my legs were an oily/greasy mess that smelled like choco-vanilla. They were smooth and oily feeling but I could feel no actual moisture for my dry legs. I feel so bad I have to give this oil a low score because all of the other products by them have gotten high reviews. It gets 2 lippies for the cheap price, and delicious scent. I hope they re-formulate this so it can have a deep moisturizing affect like most oils have. I havent tried adding it to a bath because I have oily skin and only need it for my legs.

good for skin dried out by the sun-smell is over the top tho-so use when no one else is around. have purchased small bottles on more than 1 occassion.

I bought this thinking that it wouls smell the same as the cocoa butter but it didn't. In fact it was sort of sickly. It does moisturise weel but I couldn't stand the scent. The bottle is a bit leaky too. I'll stick to the cream format from now on (which I love)

on 4/13/2003 10:45:00 PM

Argh. Would like this product if the smell didn't make me feel so yucky. This chocolate fragrance just doesn't appeal to me. Went out to buy Neutrogena sesame oil that I used to use years ago.