Palmer's Body Oil

No Image

on 3/12/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this today and I love love love this. Its a little hard to find depending what stores you have nearby. It around 10$ and I think its a good price. The smell isn't amazing and it isn't bad at all. Its ok. I use this right when I get out of the shower. My skin feels very smooth and had no greasy feeling or anything at all. It just feels like natural smooth skin if that makes sense. I'm thinking about using it on my face to even my skintone out. I will update this review in two months. I also used half a pump on my severly damaged hair. I have stripped and twice bleached ombre hair. I added it to my organix coconut serum, (which didn't do anything for my hair by itself) and I applied it only on my bleached ends.. Much to my suprise!! My hair is silky smooth and is the best its ever been!! It is nowhere near greasy either, it just soaked up in my hair. wow, just amazing!! This is definately a staple in my life from this day foward.

on 7/24/2006 1:48:00 PM

There are a few body oils by Palmers...this is the cocoa Butter formula with vit E, made from soy oils and not the mineral oil one.
WHAT I LIKE: Lite, dry oil type of formula, made from soy oils which helps to soften and reduce the hair on my legs and bikini area. Absorbs immediately with absolutely no residue so it doesn't stain my clothes. Quick and easy to use after the shower (I'm getting really lazy lately and I'm sick of rubbing in lotions and creams then waiting a year for them to absorb so I can get dressed). Scent is a subtle cocoa scent that I really like. I normally loathe anything even remotely chocolate or cocoa butter smelling on my body (makes be gag), but this smells pure and light...not sickly sweet or artificial. Scent doesn't last long either so doesn't interfere with other scents. Super cheap. $4.50 for a 12 oz bottle.
WHAT I DON'T LIKE: Only the packaging blows. I have the flip top so you have to pour it out. Leaks like crazy so can't take it with me. Solved this by transfering to my own spray bottle and it works much better. I've never been able to find the spray bottle they supposedly sell this in.
Overall this is just good stuff and I'm quickly becoming addicted to.

INGREDIENTS: Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Isopropyl Myristate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower), PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa), Fragrance Parfum, Benzophenone-3, Tocopherol Acetate, BHA, Beta-Carotene CI 40800

on 5/16/2016 3:36:00 PM

this is my holy grail product. as soon as I get out of the shower I apply it all over to my skin still damp and then dry as normal. I've never felt more smooth and soft and hydrated. I swear by this stuff. it also leaves me smelling really nice like marshmallows. I have horrible dry skin and this does the trick.

on 2/8/2016 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I recommend using this by mixing it in your palm with the Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion and then applying - it's a great way to add more moisture to the skin and is less messy then straight application. After 4-5 days my dry winter skin was nourished and soft. And it lasts forever.

on 1/24/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I guess I'm raining on the parade here. I bought this because it was affordable, good size and looked good for dry winter skin. In the product's defence I have sensitive eczema prone skin so I should have been more cautious as I knew it contained fragrance. It seemed ok the first week or so and I assumed it was safe on my skin and would not cause adverse effects, but I was mistaken as it wasn't an immediate reaction.This gave me bad eczema for the first time in a good while and it irritated various other spots on my skin. I saw another reviewer below mention that they were eczema prone but enjoyed this product so who knows it might be ok on you too.

It feels rather rich and luxurious upon application, but I did find the scent to be overwhelming. It was very strong and not even a pleasant fragrance in my opinion. I also found the packaging annoying, the oil spurts out messily and in large amounts. It also disappointed me because it wasn't even that moisturising and skin sensitivities aside, other body oil blends have done a better job. My skin would gradually dry out again in the following 2-3 hours.

on 3/27/2014 5:14:00 PM

This probably The Cheapest natural body oil available, in case you don't want to use virgin olive oil from supermarket:).
Many reviewers compare it to Baby Oil or even Bio Oil, but I would never use either, because they both contain mineral oil that is comedogenic, clogs pores, and doesn't sink in, but only forms a film on the skin.

Palmers, however, is mostly natural (although not organic or virgin) soja oil (only very little of cocoa is in it!), and much better for your skin and environment than any mineral-oil based lotion/cream or oil.

So yes, this Palmers oil has been my every-day body moisturiser on-and off for many years. I actually dry my skin after shower, and apply a small amount on warm skin, put some loose clothes on until it sinks in fully (about 20 min to apply make up etc). It so cheap, very fast relief for dry skin, has a lovely sweet smell that doesn't clash with parfume, if you don't slather a lot of it on, and is just far easier/faster to apply than any lotion.

A very good product that can be easily mixed with a few drops of bergamot or other essential oil to mask the sweet chocolate/vanilla scent it has. As I recently had the bottle leaking in the bag, I poured it into a an emty spray bottle instead, much safer.

This is thee one for me!!! I was currently using the L'occitane almond oil which is so so expensive!!! so I switched to be able to have an upkeep of this product.. I love the price of it.. the smell is so lovely and it super moisturizes my skin!! win win for all!!!

on 1/18/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Really glad I tried this product - has become a staple in a month. Have dry eczemaic skin and need extra help in winter. Really recommend putting this on after shower. And if your skin is very cracked and dry and showering is difficult, put it on before you go in shower.

Tonnes better than baby oil which I found doesnt sink in well and doesnt last long. This gives you a lot of moistre - I still have to moisturise with cream after due to my skin but for lots of others imagine, this after shower would be enough. In summer reckon i could get away with this oil and a lighter cream.

Not fan of smell - lile my oils to smell fresher, lemony. But so good, i can overlook that & dont find it lingers on skin anyway. Can also see how would be tricky to travel with so I would probably use different container.

Theres not much choice of good body oils out there, unless you have a lot of money. Comparatively, you get a lot for your fiver with this. Thanks Palmers!

on 8/8/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a daily beauty staple for my skin. It's so rich and moisturizing, i find i don't even need to use moisturizer (although i follow it up with the palmer's cocoa butter :P).
It's very cheap, a little goes a long way: I have a bottle of this in the shower, and when I'm finished and still wet i get a tiny bit in my hands and smooth it all over myself (the water helps it spread).

Then i get out, and dab my body dry with a towel so to not wipe it all off. This is great for an anti-irritator after shaving, and lightly fragrances your skin and it feels like silk! I'd say its a bit too much to use on dry skin, but hey to each their own.

There are a few downsides...the packaging and the smell. I love the scent ... don't get me wrong ... but it's not something i want to smell 24/7 as it tends to be quite strong, even when its diluted by all the water on my body. I have my own perfume so tend to keep this off my arms, neck and chest so it's not too overpowering. Also..If it came in a spray type bottle, i think it would be perfect. The screw lid is just a little clumsy and it's hard to get the right amount of oil sometimes - but these aren't enough for me to take a lippie off.

I prefer this to the cocoa butter moisturizer - it seems just to work better. I highly recommend to those with dry skin, or those who get irritated after shaving! Overall, I'm glad i decided to pick it up :) and would most definitely repurchase.

on 6/15/2009 10:36:00 PM

I have tried this on dry and damp skin and it seems more effective when used on damp or wet skin and then blot dry with a towel. The foody chocolate chip cookie dough scent is diluted somewhat that way. Straight up, the smell is a bit over the top, plus takes longer to absorb. My bottle is a bit leaky and this seems a common problem. I like that this does not contain mineral oil. Good quality product for the price.