Palmer's Body Oil

No Image

on 5/24/2002 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

If you like body oils, this is one to try! It smells just like cocoa butter, and seems very moisturizing! I like it a lot, thought it is a bit greasy, which I don't mind, since I am used to it!

on 5/25/2002 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This makes my skin feel soft and smooth and doesn't take forever to dry. I'll also cheaper than the Neutrogena Body Oil.

on 1/31/2003 11:24:00 AM

The original bottle leaked all over my bathroom, but after transferring to an empty Kiehl's bottle, this is my favorite oil. I use this in the shower just before I get out, and it really gives a moisture boost to my regular body lotions. Slight chocolate scented, but not overpowering.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

umm.. good stuff. Love the chocolatey like smell and that a little oil goes a long way. Did a great job of moisturizing. Dont particularly like mineral oil in this product, but i am willing to dish the dough since its doing what it should

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice body oil if you do body oils. I bought a small sample bottle of this just out of curiousity but like most body oils, I find it too greasy and it doesn't fully absorb into skin well at all. Does have a nice sweet chocolatey scent though if that is your thing.

on 4/13/2003 10:45:00 PM

Argh. Would like this product if the smell didn't make me feel so yucky. This chocolate fragrance just doesn't appeal to me. Went out to buy Neutrogena sesame oil that I used to use years ago.

Good product -- definitely works better when applied to shower-damp skin rather than dry skin. Almost wish this came in a spray bottle -- I always end up with oil everywhere with the pop-top bottle!

on 11/5/2003 8:02:00 PM

I use this product after showering. It's really great for dry/winter skin. It sinks in quickly, but people who don't like oils in general probably wouldn't like this one either. I especially love this because it doesn't contain mineral oil, which my skin reacts badly to. I deducted one point because, although the cocoa butter smell is yummy, it's not something that I enjoy for every day use. Despite the scent, I still find myself reaching for this every day because it makes my skin feel so nice. The fact that it's super cheap is also a bonus!

I bought this thinking that it wouls smell the same as the cocoa butter but it didn't. In fact it was sort of sickly. It does moisturise weel but I couldn't stand the scent. The bottle is a bit leaky too. I'll stick to the cream format from now on (which I love)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i love this, i use it when i get out of the shower to keep my skin moisturized. my skin remains soft and sweet smelling. it absorbs pretty quickly. the scent is not too strong, and fades slowly through out the day. the packaging is just a clear bottle, its hard to keep it from getting greasy, but there really isnt a grease-free bottle out there for oils. this is very cheap. i like how it smells a lil chocolatey.