Palmer's Body Oil

No Image

on 6/4/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

There's another spot for this product that is more correctly named, but this one has more reviews so I'll add mine here.

I got the "Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Body Oil" which is what I'm pretty sure is what most people here are referring to. I LOVE their cocoa butter formula in the jar so I figured I would try this. I had been using Shea moisture oils prior to this and also tried that cocoa butter gel from CVS a while back.

Gotta be honest, this is my least favorite of all of those. I don't like the scent as much as other palmers products which really sucks because I thought it would be the same and I had high hopes for this. It actually bothers me. I think it moisturizes 'ok', maybe a little better than ok but I don't find the ingredients list to be THAT amazing. A lot of generic oils which would be much better without the scent. I almost want to make it out of my pantry ingredients. The Shea Moisture one is strong but so decadent and delicious that I'm definitely going to get that one again next.

The benefit to oils is that even though they're greasy at first, they do absorb a bit better than thick products like the gels or the tub of Palmers which feels really luxurious but stays on for longer. I don't think oils give an instant moisturizing effect (especially on really dry, parched skin) but I agree with those who say to use it after the shower. That's pretty much the only way. Part of what oils and petroleum based products do is seal in the moisture so it doesn't escape as opposed to drawing it in (like a hyaluronic acid would). That's why I say they moisturize 'medium'. However, I do like using oils and think in long term use it does soften skin. I just don't think this is one I'll repurchase, mainly due to the smell, sadly.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product caused a massive 3 day long rash and little bother from customer "care"?

on 5/16/2016 3:36:00 PM

this is my holy grail product. as soon as I get out of the shower I apply it all over to my skin still damp and then dry as normal. I've never felt more smooth and soft and hydrated. I swear by this stuff. it also leaves me smelling really nice like marshmallows. I have horrible dry skin and this does the trick.

on 2/8/2016 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I recommend using this by mixing it in your palm with the Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion and then applying - it's a great way to add more moisture to the skin and is less messy then straight application. After 4-5 days my dry winter skin was nourished and soft. And it lasts forever.

on 1/24/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I guess I'm raining on the parade here. I bought this because it was affordable, good size and looked good for dry winter skin. In the product's defence I have sensitive eczema prone skin so I should have been more cautious as I knew it contained fragrance. It seemed ok the first week or so and I assumed it was safe on my skin and would not cause adverse effects, but I was mistaken as it wasn't an immediate reaction.This gave me bad eczema for the first time in a good while and it irritated various other spots on my skin. I saw another reviewer below mention that they were eczema prone but enjoyed this product so who knows it might be ok on you too.

It feels rather rich and luxurious upon application, but I did find the scent to be overwhelming. It was very strong and not even a pleasant fragrance in my opinion. I also found the packaging annoying, the oil spurts out messily and in large amounts. It also disappointed me because it wasn't even that moisturising and skin sensitivities aside, other body oil blends have done a better job. My skin would gradually dry out again in the following 2-3 hours.

on 3/27/2014 5:14:00 PM

This probably The Cheapest natural body oil available, in case you don't want to use virgin olive oil from supermarket:).
Many reviewers compare it to Baby Oil or even Bio Oil, but I would never use either, because they both contain mineral oil that is comedogenic, clogs pores, and doesn't sink in, but only forms a film on the skin.

Palmers, however, is mostly natural (although not organic or virgin) soja oil (only very little of cocoa is in it!), and much better for your skin and environment than any mineral-oil based lotion/cream or oil.

So yes, this Palmers oil has been my every-day body moisturiser on-and off for many years. I actually dry my skin after shower, and apply a small amount on warm skin, put some loose clothes on until it sinks in fully (about 20 min to apply make up etc). It so cheap, very fast relief for dry skin, has a lovely sweet smell that doesn't clash with parfume, if you don't slather a lot of it on, and is just far easier/faster to apply than any lotion.

A very good product that can be easily mixed with a few drops of bergamot or other essential oil to mask the sweet chocolate/vanilla scent it has. As I recently had the bottle leaking in the bag, I poured it into a an emty spray bottle instead, much safer.

on 10/29/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has good ingredients and works great as an after-shower moisturizer, but it smells like Play-dough, so I won't be buying again. I add a capful to my bath along with some nice smelling essential oils to mask the smell, and come out moisturized nicely.

on 3/12/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this today and I love love love this. Its a little hard to find depending what stores you have nearby. It around 10$ and I think its a good price. The smell isn't amazing and it isn't bad at all. Its ok. I use this right when I get out of the shower. My skin feels very smooth and had no greasy feeling or anything at all. It just feels like natural smooth skin if that makes sense. I'm thinking about using it on my face to even my skintone out. I will update this review in two months. I also used half a pump on my severly damaged hair. I have stripped and twice bleached ombre hair. I added it to my organix coconut serum, (which didn't do anything for my hair by itself) and I applied it only on my bleached ends.. Much to my suprise!! My hair is silky smooth and is the best its ever been!! It is nowhere near greasy either, it just soaked up in my hair. wow, just amazing!! This is definately a staple in my life from this day foward.

This is thee one for me!!! I was currently using the L'occitane almond oil which is so so expensive!!! so I switched to be able to have an upkeep of this product.. I love the price of it.. the smell is so lovely and it super moisturizes my skin!! win win for all!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product!
It is so perfect for dry skin and it smells delicious. I use it everyday and my skin is now so soft and smooth. It hasn't irritated my skin which quite sensitive and it makes it glow and look healthy and radiant (seriously).

Popular Bath Treatments