Palmer's Body Oil

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

3.8

on 3/27/2014 5:14:00 PM

This probably The Cheapest natural body oil available, in case you don't want to use virgin olive oil from supermarket:).
Many reviewers compare it to Baby Oil or even Bio Oil, but I would never use either, because they both contain mineral oil that is comedogenic, clogs pores, and doesn't sink in, but only forms a film on the skin.

Palmers, however, is mostly natural (although not organic or virgin) soja oil (only very little of cocoa is in it!), and much better for your skin and environment than any mineral-oil based lotion/cream or oil.

So yes, this Palmers oil has been my every-day body moisturiser on-and off for many years. I actually dry my skin after shower, and apply a small amount on warm skin, put some loose clothes on until it sinks in fully (about 20 min to apply make up etc). It so cheap, very fast relief for dry skin, has a lovely sweet smell that doesn't clash with parfume, if you don't slather a lot of it on, and is just far easier/faster to apply than any lotion.

A very good product that can be easily mixed with a few drops of bergamot or other essential oil to mask the sweet chocolate/vanilla scent it has. As I recently had the bottle leaking in the bag, I poured it into a an emty spray bottle instead, much safer.

on 10/29/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has good ingredients and works great as an after-shower moisturizer, but it smells like Play-dough, so I won't be buying again. I add a capful to my bath along with some nice smelling essential oils to mask the smell, and come out moisturized nicely.

on 8/19/2008 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I put this in my bath and slather it on before a shower, and then use a body scrub. My skin stays baby smooth all year round with this routine. It's great stuff but does smell a bit cloying if you use it on its own as a moisturiser.
Tip: When my bank balance is in the red, I mix this oil and a handful of sugar for a budget sugar scrub. Has the same effect as commercial ones for a fraction of the price!
UPDATE: Works even better if you apply it to soaking wet skin straight from the bath, pat dry and then apply the lotion. Heaven!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I agree with the other reviewers: Decant this into a spray bottle or you'll be leaving oil slicks in the bathroom and wiping your hands constantly! But-- packaging issues aside-- I love this oil in the cooler months. I mostly use it on my legs, which seem to get the most dry. The scent is very pleasant and sweet, a bit vanilla-ish like most Palmer's products. It does dissipate quickly and doesn't clash with perfumes. The oil is a mixture of plant oils and synthetic emulsifiers, so it feels very light and absorbs quickly. I think the trick is to use sparingly!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have an absolute addiction to Palmer's products right now! I have the pump lotion, the jar and now have the oil. The Body oil is fantastic, pretty, light and moisturising. I use it in my bath and I apply it in the morning before I dress. I love the scent but can see how some would find it cloying.
UPDATE: I've stopped using this on my body in the morning as I've rediscovered a proudly South African product: Bio-Oil and now only use Palmers oil in the bath as a bath oil.

My HG of body oils. Love the smell of this stuff, quickly absorbing, leaves my skin very soft and with a goregous glow. Definite re-buy again and again.

on 12/17/2005 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm really happy with Palmer's Cocoa Butter Body Oil. I actually use it as a makeup remover, before I wash with Palmer's Cocoa Butter soap. It removes all of my makeup (Bare Minerals) without a struggle, and my complexion has never looked this good.

on 6/16/2005 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I feel a little conflicted over whether I would purchase this again. There are several good things about this product. I haven't had any problem with the bottle so applying it after I take a shower while I am still wet has worked fine for me. I do find the chocolate scent to be very strong. I am not fond of food scents for body products. I have added a ton of orange essential oil (as in a couple of inches) and finally have this product smelling much more like chocolate-orange than just chocolate (which I find much more pleasant than just straight chocolate). If you like the scent of strong chocolate I think you will like this scent. As it is, this scent really lingers on me - I can still smell it on my skin hours after my shower - which is very unusual for me. I think this does an okay job of moisturizing my skin. I normally make my own body oils with a mixture of shea oil, almond oil and jojoba oil. I bought this bottle when I was short on my own supply of oils (which I have to order over the internet) and I was curious to see if I enjoyed the chocolate experience. I mostly likely will stick with my own body oil mixture since it is very inexpensive in the long run and does a great job of moisturizing my skin with natural skin products and no preservatives.

i LOVE THIS OIL!! Has a chocolate scent that works well layering Vanilla Abricot, Serendipity or most other vanilla scents. I love this just for the smell alone.

on 4/13/2003 10:45:00 PM

Argh. Would like this product if the smell didn't make me feel so yucky. This chocolate fragrance just doesn't appeal to me. Went out to buy Neutrogena sesame oil that I used to use years ago.