Palmer's Body Oil

on 4/24/2012 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Pros-
Good quality bath oil, light and easily absorbed by the skin, good moisturizing coverage and cost effective.

Cons-
The only -ve side of this product is that it tends to leave a stubborn rancid oil smell on clothes, towel and even entire bathroom. I never faced this issue with other bath oils that I have used before. Not a fan of the smell, hence I will look for other options before buying this one.

on 1/18/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Really glad I tried this product - has become a staple in a month. Have dry eczemaic skin and need extra help in winter. Really recommend putting this on after shower. And if your skin is very cracked and dry and showering is difficult, put it on before you go in shower.

Tonnes better than baby oil which I found doesnt sink in well and doesnt last long. This gives you a lot of moistre - I still have to moisturise with cream after due to my skin but for lots of others imagine, this after shower would be enough. In summer reckon i could get away with this oil and a lighter cream.

Not fan of smell - lile my oils to smell fresher, lemony. But so good, i can overlook that & dont find it lingers on skin anyway. Can also see how would be tricky to travel with so I would probably use different container.

Theres not much choice of good body oils out there, unless you have a lot of money. Comparatively, you get a lot for your fiver with this. Thanks Palmers!

on 8/20/2011 12:13:00 AM

I normally use pure lavender body oil but I've been looking to create something I can use in bulk. So I managed to pick up this bottle and am reasonably impressed with the outcome of mixing 3/4 Palmers with 1/4 Lavender oil.

To maximise your application and reduce wastage, pour the product into a spray bottle and use that. If you pour the liquid straight into your hand, it leads to uneven application and risk of wastage if the product spills. A quick spritz of the spray bottle at the end of your shower is quick and easy. Simply rub in and pat dry when you step out, voila.

The smell is in my opinion a little offputting (I'm not a fan of the warm vanilla/cocoa scents) because it is still strong enough that it will have an impact on any perfume you spray on. While I say I would buy this again, if I found something else within the same price range I would probably switch.

on 7/15/2010 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on a whim since baby oil just doesn't seem to be enough for my skin the last few weeks. The trick to using this (or any body oil) is to apply them to wet skin, and when doing this I don't have to follow this with any lotion, which I would have to do with baby oil (also applied to wet skin) or any oil applied to dry skin. I love the scent of this, but it does fade over the day, and by nighttime I can't smell it anymore. I also like using a more natural oil on my skin, and though it is greasy initially it does sink in after a while. I would definitely purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love it, works better then other body moisturizer and multi purpose product out there ! It's dirt cheap and value for money, I paid about $10 (Australian) for it and is comes in 250mls + a little goes a long way. The down side would be the packaging is ok but could be better, I find the bottle leaks , if I travel with it I just put it in a zip lock sandwhich bag and the problem is solved. It asorbs fast but bare in mind if you use too much it does take loger to absorb. The smell is ok, I found some reviewers mentioned they dont like the smell or its too strong but what do u expect its made out of cocoa oil!

I love this stuff. Smells great. I use it in the bath for an allover body moisturisation. I also use it as a shaving oil and leaves my legs lovely and soft.
Its also nice to pop onto your shins for a sheen, also on the collar bone :)
I just love this stuff :)

on 4/14/2008 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would like to repeat what one of the reviewers said below - Check first if you can stand smelling like sweet chocolate and cooking oil for hours! I love chocolate, but smelling it all the time isn't great. The scent also goes everywhere. My sheets and clothes smell like it when I use it - not nice! I find that it doesn't sink in easily, although it's moderately moisturizing. I have been trying to finish my bottle for 1 year now. I will not repurchase.

Try before you buy!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love the way this goes on and makes my skin feel, but by god, it stinks. Initially, I didn't find the smell too objectionable (it smells a bit like very sweet chocolate) but after a while, all I wanted to do was get in the shower and scrub it off. The smell lingers and matures over many hours. I would suggest trying a sample first to ascertain whether you can withstand the fragrance. I can only wear this when I am going out and spray myself with a strong perfume that overpowers the smell of this oil.

on 5/3/2007 1:24:00 AM

This is a decent body oil. It moisturizers pretty well & absorbs quickly. Admittedly, however, I am not a fan of the *chocolatey* fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Chocolatey as always!! Great ingredients list. Sometimes I add a few drops of this to my palmers lotion and other times just use it as a bath oil. 3 capfuls of this choco stuff and you're skin is sooooo soft. Mmmmm...... 1 lippy off for packaging