Palmer's Body Oil

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

4.3

on 5/16/2016 3:36:00 PM

this is my holy grail product. as soon as I get out of the shower I apply it all over to my skin still damp and then dry as normal. I've never felt more smooth and soft and hydrated. I swear by this stuff. it also leaves me smelling really nice like marshmallows. I have horrible dry skin and this does the trick.

on 1/24/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I guess I'm raining on the parade here. I bought this because it was affordable, good size and looked good for dry winter skin. In the product's defence I have sensitive eczema prone skin so I should have been more cautious as I knew it contained fragrance. It seemed ok the first week or so and I assumed it was safe on my skin and would not cause adverse effects, but I was mistaken as it wasn't an immediate reaction.This gave me bad eczema for the first time in a good while and it irritated various other spots on my skin. I saw another reviewer below mention that they were eczema prone but enjoyed this product so who knows it might be ok on you too.

It feels rather rich and luxurious upon application, but I did find the scent to be overwhelming. It was very strong and not even a pleasant fragrance in my opinion. I also found the packaging annoying, the oil spurts out messily and in large amounts. It also disappointed me because it wasn't even that moisturising and skin sensitivities aside, other body oil blends have done a better job. My skin would gradually dry out again in the following 2-3 hours.

on 3/12/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this today and I love love love this. Its a little hard to find depending what stores you have nearby. It around 10$ and I think its a good price. The smell isn't amazing and it isn't bad at all. Its ok. I use this right when I get out of the shower. My skin feels very smooth and had no greasy feeling or anything at all. It just feels like natural smooth skin if that makes sense. I'm thinking about using it on my face to even my skintone out. I will update this review in two months. I also used half a pump on my severly damaged hair. I have stripped and twice bleached ombre hair. I added it to my organix coconut serum, (which didn't do anything for my hair by itself) and I applied it only on my bleached ends.. Much to my suprise!! My hair is silky smooth and is the best its ever been!! It is nowhere near greasy either, it just soaked up in my hair. wow, just amazing!! This is definately a staple in my life from this day foward.

This is thee one for me!!! I was currently using the L'occitane almond oil which is so so expensive!!! so I switched to be able to have an upkeep of this product.. I love the price of it.. the smell is so lovely and it super moisturizes my skin!! win win for all!!!

on 8/8/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a daily beauty staple for my skin. It's so rich and moisturizing, i find i don't even need to use moisturizer (although i follow it up with the palmer's cocoa butter :P).
It's very cheap, a little goes a long way: I have a bottle of this in the shower, and when I'm finished and still wet i get a tiny bit in my hands and smooth it all over myself (the water helps it spread).

Then i get out, and dab my body dry with a towel so to not wipe it all off. This is great for an anti-irritator after shaving, and lightly fragrances your skin and it feels like silk! I'd say its a bit too much to use on dry skin, but hey to each their own.

There are a few downsides...the packaging and the smell. I love the scent ... don't get me wrong ... but it's not something i want to smell 24/7 as it tends to be quite strong, even when its diluted by all the water on my body. I have my own perfume so tend to keep this off my arms, neck and chest so it's not too overpowering. Also..If it came in a spray type bottle, i think it would be perfect. The screw lid is just a little clumsy and it's hard to get the right amount of oil sometimes - but these aren't enough for me to take a lippie off.

I prefer this to the cocoa butter moisturizer - it seems just to work better. I highly recommend to those with dry skin, or those who get irritated after shaving! Overall, I'm glad i decided to pick it up :) and would most definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this product. It makes my skin VERY soft and silky, and is especially good on my legs after shaving. I use it after showering, before applying cocoa butter, which really seals in the moisture (although this isn't recommended for hot days, as it becomes sticky). Only a little is needed so it lasts for a long time, and the sugary scent is an added bonus!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the smell of this oil - it's like chocolate! I put it on my legs which get very dry. It takes a while to sink in but after it does, my skin is nice a soft. There is a little lingering greasiness afterward though, so I'm not sure I'll repurchase. Overall though, I am fairly pleased. Extra lippy for the lovely scent.

on 7/13/2008 6:24:00 AM

I love Palmer's cocoa butter products and this one is no exception. It moisurises really well. I use it all the time in summer-I just pour some out and rub it into my legs and they look nice and moisturised.

The only problems are 1. The Bottle-it should be a spray bottle or have a better lid and 2. The Smell-I love the usual smell of Palmer's products and while this one isn't bad-it's not as nice as the usual products.

I perfer this body oil over Johnsons & Johnsons any day! It is very light weight but also very moisturizing!! I love love love the smell, but it's not something I would put on during the day. I use this body oil after a shower while my skin is still damp. I have also used it on my feet and it works wonders. The only thing that I dislike it the bottle. It's a pain in the ass, so I've transfered it into a spary bottle so it is MUCH easier to apply.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

A good replacement for my usual baby oil after shower routine. The smell is really sugary and is uplifting and comforting. It borders on sickly though, so thankfully its fragrance only lasts a few minutes. Might get a new bottle for it though as the packaging is a bit slippery and unpredictable. Will try neutrogena next.