Bepanthen salve

Bepanthen salve
Bepanthen salveBepanthen salve

4.9

Aqua, Lanolin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Petrolatum, Dexpanthenol, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Glyceryl Oleate, Lanolin Alcohol.AUSTRALIAN VERSION: Purified Water, Wool Fat (Anhydrous Lanolin), Liquid Paraffin, Soft White Paraffin, Dexpanthenol (Related to Vitamin B5), Almond Oil, White Beeswax, Cetyl alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Protein XN

on 8/23/2018 1:31:00 PM

It works wonders. It makes your skin look young and hydrated. I apply it around my eyes and my dark circles disappear in few days. I use it regularly everyday and I just can't live without it anymore.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I was recommended this product from my tattoo artist for my new tattoo. After a while, I realised at the end of the day, this cream is formulated to be moisturising, soothing, anti-bacterial, and promoting skin healing, which is exactly the kind of thing I look for in products for my eczema!

I tried it, and it made a huge difference in a day. My eczema patches looked a lot more healed, less raw and red. It doesn't help 100% with the itch, but because the skin is less like an open wound, it does alleviate it slightly. However, this isn't enough to get rid of the eczema completely, so don't expect it of this! I personally have not found a single product that does that isn't a steroid cream, but Bepanthen is definitely one of the better products out there. It is now one of the permanent fixture in my arsenal of eczema-fighting products.

I took off one star because of how thick and uncomfortable the texture is, it's so thick and just sits on the skin, so I'm not sure how much is absorbed. I know it's formulated as a diaper rash cream, so perhaps the 'sitting on the skin' texture is meant to be protective, but I just feel like it's just waiting to be rubbed off on clothes or sheets (which it does, very very quickly). Not a pleasant feeling to have on my clothes either.

Price is great, but be careful about not twisting the tube too much when opening because it will eventually tear the tube and product will be leaking everywhere. It's happened both times, usually when there's a third of the product left. Will still repurchase and recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I tried using it throughout the day as a balm, as well as overnight as a more thickly applied treatment. It's not bad by any means. There's no smell. If you're not in Europe though, you have to wait longer for shipping, and pay much more than products you can get from your own area. The squeeze tube isn't inherently bad, but it wasn't made to be a lip balm, and it shows, especially if you got the 100g size to save money in the long run. Products that were made for lips, and packaged accordingly in sticks, small tubes, etc, are simply more convenient.

Here are some options that, though the texture is different, they were made for lips, work just as well or better, and are the same price or cheaper:
Korres Lip Butter Stick
EOS
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer
Burt's Bees Lip Shine (not their various chapsticks, which oddly don't work as well as their lip shine)

If you're looking for something to wear under your lip-drying matte lip color, Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment will give moisture without shine, provided you usea little bit, which is all you need anyway. You can likewise use a little bit to freshen up a matte lip that's starting to look blotchy, flaky, or cracked after hours of use.

Makeupalley - once again, you help me save my money as well as my skin!
For a few months, I've had horrible breakouts on my cheeks and jaw - we're talking the whole nine yards, cystic, pastules, pimples. None of my usual skin care tactics worked. NIOD CAIS, mandelic acid, benzoyl peroxide 5%, LRP Serozinc, you name it. None of my usual go-to's for calming down angry skin did anything.
Enter Bepanten. I was ordering Bioderma H2O and Cicaplast Baume from an online parapharmacie, and after reading the reviews, I chose to throw in both the Pommade and the Cream. For the price, I thought it couldn't hurt. Worst case, body moisturizers for winter.
Best decision ever. I really am not kidding.

After using the Pommade once (at night), and the Cream twice (during the day), my skin is almost back to normal. Scabs from picking (bad, I know) are healing at record speed, swelling and redness is down, texture is even and non-flaky, and there's a definite glow. After months of covering my face in layer after layer (after layer) of mineral makeup, I finally feel confident being around other people with a bare face. In barely two days.

As if that wasn't enough, the texture of the Cream is what I always wanted Embryolisse to be. Makes my face super smooth, and the perfect glowy-matte. Excellent under mineral foundation as well.
The Pommade is quite greasy, similar to Aquaphor, but a little goes a long way and the results are absolutely worth a shiny sleep face.
Instant holy grail. Insane. Love love love

on 1/22/2017 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I cannot even begin to explain how much I love this cream. So much so that when my boyfriend was deployed to Germany for military training I asked him to bring me home several tubes. I have the most ridiculously sensitive skin (I can't use ANYTHING on it without irritation, rashes or zits) and this is the absolute best night cream I have ever used, and it doesn't irritate my skin in the least. I use it at night, and if I am not going out for a couple hours I use it after a shower to "lock in" moisture. It doesn't work under makeup if you don't allow it time to sink in, as it is a heavy cream that makes you a bit sticky and shiny for a little while after use. I have also used this for rashes, as I suffer from eczema, and it clears them up just as fast as a steroid cream with none of the nasty skin thinning fears. I also think it has anti-aging benefits, as I have used it for years and look easily 5-6 years younger than I am and get regular compliments about how my skin "glows". It seems to plump up your skin, which makes fine lines (like those annoying ones right under your eyes that always catch foundation so you look 10 years older) vanish completely. Not kidding, if I use this around my eyes I wake up with NO wrinkles. It is miraculous. I will say that I don't use this very often in the summer as I tend to be an excessive sweater so my face is normally oily anyways in the hot, humid summers we have, but in the long, cold and dry winters it is my best friend.

on 9/26/2016 5:36:00 AM

This review for all type of Bepanthen including (moisturizing cream, plus and salve). Let me tell you this is truly a miracle, and skin saver. God bless the one who came out of this idea. I have a very sensitive skin and it is acne prone with pores here and there. I suffered from itchiness for a long time and a very bad rosacea. The moisturizing one is a very light weight white lotion when I apply it sinks immediately into my skin. It doesn't only moisturize but also gives a coolness effect like a cool spring breeze touching my skin. Above that it heals wounds, sunburn, mild burn and inflamed. When I wash my face it never fall down of my face like other products that sit at the top of my face doing nothing. It is not greasy at all and it won't break out your skin. And of course it is medical and approved by many dermatologist around the world. It is dirt cheap around 4$ but sometimes I get mine from the hospital. The Plus one is a thick white cream it does all above and adding to that it disinfects and heal small cut and scratches, blisters, fissures and pressure sores. Bepanthen can be used for elbows and hands as well. I use it sometimes for my legs where I suffer from a sever dryness.

on 4/5/2016 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a must for any household. I am writing a review for bephantol. I used it after my skin got really dry and It fized my skin in 1 day.
Also I use it twice a week on my oily skin and it makes it look fresh and doesnt make it feel greasy much better than any overpriced product on the market.
however, do not use religously as it causes hairs to start to grow on your face

I apply all over before taking a shower then I scrub my lips with my body scrub towel. My lips are very soft and smooth afterwards.

I am not buying again though because it took a month for me to receive it . I purchased it via Amazon Canada and I get the same result by using 70k IU vitamin E oil by sundown naturals which is available in all of the publix stores near me.

on 3/7/2016 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Bepanthen is the HG product I absolutely cannot live without. In my home country Finland Bepanthen is a stable household product used for lips, rashes, cuts and minor burns. When I use this product my lips remain smooth and hydrated, even a makeup artist has asked what products I use as my lips looks so good.

In comparison, when I don't use Bepanthen my lips get extremely dry to the point it is painful and looks horrifying. I have tried multiple other products throughout the years but nothing compares. I use it to treat my dry lips, rashes and dry flaky skin. I even apply it on dried up pimples as it seems to heal them faster. I have now used this product for over 20 years and have come to conclusion that it is perfect.

on 12/27/2014 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the Bepanthol Lippencreme (lip cream). I'm not sure if this is the same product in a smaller tube, or a different product, but it is THE BEST for chapped lips!!! Wow, worth living in Germany for this alone. It goes on with one of this sneeze tubes with the small hole in the top. It's sorry of a white creamier Vaseline. But, the amazing thig is it sort of sinks into and stocks to your lips and forms some sort of moisturizing barrier. Got rid of peeling cracks in a couple hours. Amazing. Even boyfriend said, "wow, that really feels good". They look healthy, but niot glossy, so men or women could use it. They feel young and plump. I also mlthink it would be a good lipstick baseAbsolutely must try this. It was about 3 euros for a small 7.5 ml

Popular Lip Treatments