Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation

Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation
Mineral Power Powder Foundation

3.2

Zinc Oxide, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ptfe, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this foundation because everybody was talking about it., even the youtubers & MUA. I decided to buy this foundation few weeks ago and when it arrive I'm so excited to try it, unfortunately I bought this foundation in the shade Buff Beige which is a lil dark for me. I try to fix it with lighter concealer and it does help a lil bit , but then my face oxidize and my face looks so dark 😭 btw, the foundation itself was quite amazing. It hold the oiliness and the pores (not too much) honestly, idk whether i will repurchase or not 😳

on 12/13/2016 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Coverage is medium. I actually received this as a gift, so I can't say much about price. The packaging gets a little messy, especially if, God forbid, tipped over or dopped (the horror!), so that can definitely be improved. The brush applicator is again, messy. The shades are a bit disappointing. I was given the lightest one (ivory) and its still darker than my complexion, so even if I want to, I can't use it.

on 9/20/2016 12:50:00 AM

I am 50 years old and like to use an SPF50+ sunscreen on my face every day. For this reason, I really like powder foundation because I can use my sunscreen as a base/primer and the powder foundation over the top. I have tried probably 20+ powder foundations and I just keep coming back to this. I even prefer this to the Elizabeth Arden powder foundation and that is a little gem!

I recently came back to this. I am not sure why I ever stopped using it to be honest, but I did. Anyway, I purchased this in Classic Ivory. Some powder foundations just look really flat and lifeless (NYX springs to mind here!), but this one has a kind of glowy effect without looking shiny. The brush is completely useless. If you are going to use powder foundation, you need to invest in a decent kabuki brush. Powder brushes don't get enough product onto your skin, so a kabuki is essential. I only swirl the kabuki once and this gives me enough product to do my entire face. I would say that I use about half a teaspoon of powder to get light to medium coverage. After that I use Bare Escentuals "Well Rested" eye as my concealer. What I like about powder foundations is that provided your skin is pretty decent, it is a flawless finish. It is also quick and easy. I have used really expensive powder foundations like Youngblood that just looked terrible and cakey. This one looks like an expensive foundation and is really inexpensive. Currently I am using it over Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Lotion SPF50+ and I couldn't be happier.

on 2/15/2016 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Brush is useless. Coverage isn't great. Enhances fine lines, even when primer is used. Ran out of MAC, but will never look for alternatives as it seems the more you pay the better the product. Don't waste your money

on 8/27/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One of my more fave powders, I apply my moisturizer (let dry), BB Cream, Foundation and then finally this powder and my face looks flawless.

Con: The brush that comes with it is terrible and sheds all over the first few times you use it or you could just purchase another powder brush like I did and it works a hundred times better.

on 1/13/2015 10:57:00 AM

I have been using this powder for about 2 years now. I have combination skin and I prefer a more natural look for my makeup. This mineral powder has never caused me to break out or get oily. It seems to control any oil quite well. In the summer I will use an oil absorbing powder under it for my forehead. The color matches my skin perfectly. It does a good job of evening out the skin tone in general but isn't great for covering individual dark spots or any major lines or creases in the face. It is priced fairly and lasts a long time. It does stand out on dry skin so be sure to moisturize if your skin is at all flakey. I would recommend anyone with good to decent skin to give it a try.

on 11/6/2014 11:47:00 PM

An insult to the mineral cosmetic genre. This product left my face with an orange cast (What is with Maybelline concealers,foundations and powders and their tendency to oxidize therefore turning a orange tint?) The finish is not flattering,making my complexion look dull and lifeless,which is not what a mineral cosmetic product should do or look like. Glad to see this product has been discontinued in stores.

on 10/29/2014 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

This powder foundation had been sitting in my makeup drawer untouched for quite awhile.
Pulled it out recently because I wanted a powder that would provide a little coverage to wear over my more sheer foundations. Like it a lot for that purpose. I've been applying it with my Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush. Adds the little extra coverage I've been wanting and I like the finish. Its nice and matte but not dead. It sets my makeup nicely and I think it also controls oil since I don't notice any oil showing through during the day when I'm wearing this. The packaging is fine. Sturdy. A product I would consider repurchasing.

on 10/8/2014 8:52:00 PM

Love this! It works well and really helps my face look healthier and its an amazing foundation at the same time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry and pretty sensitive skin. I don't have any major problem areas except redness around the nose and I have a faithful and trusted skin care routine. Even though my skin is dry I was finding all liquid foundation to look gross on my skin. I thought it was a particular kind I was using or perhaps my skin just got even more dry and I required something new.

I was getting bad break outs and so for about 3 weeks I didn't wear any foundation. Someone told me that mineral powder foundation works great because it's not as heavy and has more velvet feel. (Referring to this Maybelline foundation) I decided that after a nice break I gave my skin that I'd buy this. The reviews on here, while some are helpful, proved useless because it's a love or hate product and you just have to try it for yourself.

Firstly, just huck the brush away. It's completely useless and sharp. Ouch!

I applied without primer the first time and I liked the effect. It started very matte. (Classic ivory) buy after a few hours looked like normal even skin. I applied this with my primer and I got a great finish, velvety and even. It stayed this way the entire day. Both applications didn't set in my lines or move around on my face. It didn't oxidize or change color, it just looked nice and natural not emphasizing dryness.

It's not full coverage, although it's build able. I agree with the reviews that say if you have nice skin it's perfect. I really think no one product will work for all so you just have to try it. I was surprised that a very dry skinned girl like myself enjoyed this. I paid $15Cad and I'd pay it again. I don't load this stuff on so it will last me a long time.

The other thing worth mentioning to is that the only other powder I've used is Mac mineralized skin finish natural, applied wet with fix plus. I love it too but actually, this Maybelline foundation for me stayed on better and required no touch up :) so I love this :)