Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof

Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof

3.5

on 8/27/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's not clumpy and it does help thicken my eyelashes. It doesn't help with the length though, but this mascara is mainly for volume anyways. Somehow, it is very water resistant. My problem though is taking it off. It's so hard to take off. A heavy duty makeup remover is needed. Also, it does not smudge, but it does peel off in clumps so you will see small black clumps of mascara on your face at the end of the day.

Will not repurchase. There are better mascaras out there.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent mascara all the way around. as others have mentioned, the thick brush makes it hard to maneuver into corners, it doesn't necessarily plump as much as others (such as L'oreal Telescopic). But it holds a curl like no other, and I haven't had such high eyelashes in a long time. I haven't had problems with flaking or anything like that. Will continue to rebuy

To Read all 1023 Reviews, Login or Join

This has been one of my favorite mascaras to use over the last few years. I just keep coming back to it because it gives my eyelashes fullness, volume, and best of all is waterproof. Drug store brand, department store quality.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

What can I say? This is my HG mascara, has been for years. I wear nothing else.

My lashes are very long and straight. This holds the curl all day long, for up to 12 hours. It separates, lengthens, and volumes nicely. Doesn't clump, but the rare times I'm too heavy handed and it does clump a bit, running a clean spoolie through easily takes care of the problem. Doesn't flake or smudge. I get compliments on my eyelashes almost daily and people are shocked when I tell them it's CoverGirl. Definitely recommend.

on 8/7/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with CG's Lash Blast Waterproof. I love using a fresh tube of this mascara on my sparse and short stick-straight lashes. It gives me great volume, holds my curl and it's definitely waterproof. There's some smudging under my eyes when it gets too hot or if I'm not careful. My main complaint is the size of the brush as I have hooded asian eyes. The best way to combat this is using a business card or mascara guard to prevent the brush from touching your lid. This mascara formula also has a con of drying out fast. Overall I do like this mascara a lot and I have gone through three tubes of these so I'll keep repurchasing.

Pros:
- decent price for a drugstore mascara
- very black intense color
- holds curl well
- volumized lashes and adds a good amount of length
- doesn't flake within the first month or two after opening

Cons:
- large brush with short bristles might not suit everyone's tastes
- gets very dry and clumpy to apply within a month of 2 of opening
- smudges and flakes after it dries up

on 4/30/2015 1:15:00 AM

This drugstore mascara is really great if you have stubborn straight lashes. I apply mascara only 2/3 of the length of my lashes to darken the base, avoiding the tips make them look more fluttery and less spidery. I wipe the excess product from the end of the wand on a piece of napkin or else it'll get messy; also, this method reduces the mascara to become clumpy as opposed to when you wipe the excess mascara along the stopper. I haven't found a waterproof mascara that doesn't transfer to my lower lash line. This is better than the Falsies waterproof because that one actually flakes and smudges throughout the day. The only thing I don't like about this mascara is removing it! Really have to use a good eye makeup remover and be very gentle on your lashes.

I love the regular Lash Blast, but I wanted to try the waterproof version for upcoming warmer months, when I'm in water and high temperatures a lot of the time. While this does not provide the same amount of volume as the non-waterproof version, it still outperforms many waterproof formulas. With this, I can get equal parts length and thickness, nice deep black color, and definition thanks to the spikey rubber wand. I would re-purchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is one mascara I Hate.
I disliked the large brush, the bristles, formula, everything about it.

on 4/4/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have at least 20 mascaras......This one beats all of them. Holds my curl all day, and it honestly looks like I'm wearing false lashes they look so long. Finally can end my quest for the perfect mascara!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This mascara is amazing!!! It gives me volume and length in no time! And it holds my curl. I have short straight lashes, if I use non-waterproof mascara, they'll go back to straight again even if i have curled before mascara. With this mascara, after I curled my lashes, they stay curled. I found the formula was a little too wet when I first opened it, but after a few weeks, it dried up a bit and at the right consistency now :D
But a month later, it developed a funky smell, which is kinda really fast to go bad… I never pump my mascara either…
I've never tested the waterproof claim, but so far, no flake, no smudge, and held my curl. So happy. The brush is quite big though, so it often touch my eyelids when I apply it...