Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof

3.5

on 9/29/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I do like this mascara, but it only holds a curl when it wants to, and not well. I have very straight lashes and even after heating up my curler and putting it on right away my lashes still seem to fall. I helps if I do one coat and let it dry for a good 10 minutes. I still like Kiss Me better, but that's not easy to get and I also question if I'm getting fakes and if I am, how safe is it.

It doesn't clump, flake, or smear. It gives a lot of volume but not a lot of length. The wand is too big and hard to use. I remove with baby oil.

You can't go wrong with this mascara. I am very picky about my eyelashes and have purchased many high end mascaras that are all let downs compared to Lashblast. I am also super into getting eyelash extensions(mainly because I like rolling out of bed but I digress), and when I don't have extensions in this stuff comes pretty close to the same effect at a small fraction of the price.

The main selling point to this mascara is how easy it is to apply. In the mornings I don't have time to redo my mascara if anything goes awry(clumping,smudging etc) and this mascara doesn't cause me any troubles.

I also like how it is somewhat build-able if I want to pump it up after work for going out. The only reason I give this one a 4 is because I was in love with it's cousin the LashBlast 24 hr wear which has now been discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

What can I say? This is my HG mascara, has been for years. I wear nothing else.

My lashes are very long and straight. This holds the curl all day long, for up to 12 hours. It separates, lengthens, and volumes nicely. Doesn't clump, but the rare times I'm too heavy handed and it does clump a bit, running a clean spoolie through easily takes care of the problem. Doesn't flake or smudge. I get compliments on my eyelashes almost daily and people are shocked when I tell them it's CoverGirl. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent mascara all the way around. as others have mentioned, the thick brush makes it hard to maneuver into corners, it doesn't necessarily plump as much as others (such as L'oreal Telescopic). But it holds a curl like no other, and I haven't had such high eyelashes in a long time. I haven't had problems with flaking or anything like that. Will continue to rebuy

This has been one of my favorite mascaras to use over the last few years. I just keep coming back to it because it gives my eyelashes fullness, volume, and best of all is waterproof. Drug store brand, department store quality.

on 8/27/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's not clumpy and it does help thicken my eyelashes. It doesn't help with the length though, but this mascara is mainly for volume anyways. Somehow, it is very water resistant. My problem though is taking it off. It's so hard to take off. A heavy duty makeup remover is needed. Also, it does not smudge, but it does peel off in clumps so you will see small black clumps of mascara on your face at the end of the day.

Will not repurchase. There are better mascaras out there.

on 4/30/2015 1:15:00 AM

This drugstore mascara is really great if you have stubborn straight lashes. I apply mascara only 2/3 of the length of my lashes to darken the base, avoiding the tips make them look more fluttery and less spidery. I wipe the excess product from the end of the wand on a piece of napkin or else it'll get messy; also, this method reduces the mascara to become clumpy as opposed to when you wipe the excess mascara along the stopper. I haven't found a waterproof mascara that doesn't transfer to my lower lash line. This is better than the Falsies waterproof because that one actually flakes and smudges throughout the day. The only thing I don't like about this mascara is removing it! Really have to use a good eye makeup remover and be very gentle on your lashes.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is one mascara I Hate!
I disliked the large brush, the bristles, formula, everything about it.

on 8/7/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a love/hate relationship with CG's Lash Blast Waterproof. I love using a fresh tube of this mascara on my sparse and short stick-straight lashes. It gives me great volume, holds my curl and it's definitely waterproof. There's some smudging under my eyes when it gets too hot or if I'm not careful. My main complaint is the size of the brush as I have hooded asian eyes. The best way to combat this is using a business card or mascara guard to prevent the brush from touching your lid. This mascara formula also has a con of drying out fast. Overall I do like this mascara a lot and I have gone through three tubes of these so I'll keep repurchasing.

Pros:
- decent price for a drugstore mascara
- very black intense color
- holds curl well
- volumized lashes and adds a good amount of length
- doesn't flake within the first month or two after opening

Cons:
- large brush with short bristles might not suit everyone's tastes
- gets very dry and clumpy to apply within a month of 2 of opening
- smudges and flakes after it dries up

I love the regular Lash Blast, but I wanted to try the waterproof version for upcoming warmer months, when I'm in water and high temperatures a lot of the time. While this does not provide the same amount of volume as the non-waterproof version, it still outperforms many waterproof formulas. With this, I can get equal parts length and thickness, nice deep black color, and definition thanks to the spikey rubber wand. I would re-purchase!