Sephora Metallic Pocket Brush Set

No Image

3.5

on 1/6/2009 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a decent travel brush kit or for someone who is just starting out. I don't like the blush brush in this set, it is too soft and barely packs on color. I mainly just use it to sweep away fall out colors from eyeshadow... so it isn't totally useless. The angled brush is nice for filling in eyebrows and the normal eyeshadow brush is nice to pack on the color. I can't say anything too much about the lip brush and the concealer brush, other than they are just ok.

on 12/30/2007 10:23:00 AM

I really like this brush set. For $15 you get five very useful brushes. Perfect size and great price. You get a powder brush, a shadow brush, an angled liner brush, a concealer brush, and a lip brush.

The powder brush is a great size for blush and bronzer, and very soft. The shadow brush is soft and applies evenly. The liner brush is just stiff enough and perfectly angled, great for a very thin line or a thicker cat eye. The concealer brush really holds shape well, it's nice and stiff. The lip brush is a perfect size. I've found lots of lip brushes are too skinny and make it hard and annoying to apply color to my fuller lips, it's like coloring in a coloring book.

Every brush does exactly what it should do for a very good price. Also, the little set is very cute. I like this a lot. I haven't really gotten into super high end brushes, though, so those with very high standards for makeup brushes may want to take this review with a grain of salt. I really do love these brushes, though, and they are holding up well after several washes.

Popular Makeup Brushes