Clarins Wonder Length Mascara

Wonder Length Mascara

3.8

on 1/2/2012 9:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Agree with NancyM below, does zero for your lashes

on 2/20/2011 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This mascara doesn't really do much. It lightly coats my lashes but it doesn't volumize, thicken, lengthen or anything. It doesn't really do much of anything.

on 3/17/2008 11:23:00 AM

This mascara flakes badly but the brush is OK. I wouldn't purchase again

on 1/24/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Sigh. I thought I would like this mascara a lot because of the brush: it's skinny enough for me to get mascara on my spider-silk-thin bottom lashes and not get most of it on my eyelids. Alas, the formula is thin and does nothing for me. I've had better luck with Chanel, Kevyn Aucoin and Helena Rubinstein mascaras,.

This really makes my lashs really long and it does give little volume.

on 5/16/2010 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

My absolute favourite mascara for years had been Lancome Definicils, however I think they must have changed the formula as it now leaves my eyes red and puffy. I bought Clarins Wonderlength based on the MUA reviews. I really wanted to like it as I get on really well with Clarins skincare. The wand is very long which I found tricky to use, and the brush is very thin and picks up too much mascara. Apart from the fact that it smudged and the effect was quite disappointing, it too made my eyes red and puffy. The search for my HG Mascara continues!

on 5/4/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is yet another not-so-remarkable mascara. The brush is great the slimmer the better for my taste. It provides only minimal length, and zero thickness, so no wonders there. It doesnt clump lashes together or smear during the day, however. Ive only used a sample-size version.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after getting a sample which impressed me. I find the brush too long and not so easy to apply with, at the full size mascara. Very good lasting power, but it irritates my eyes a bit. I will continue searching for a better one!
UPDATE: It seems that it was not the mascara that irritated my eyes. I started to like it more and more, but I still hate the brush - it takes an extra effort to apply it.

on 9/30/2008 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Clarins WONDER LENGTH mascara is a useful product for lengthening the eyelashes and separating them out. It gives my lashes a lot of definition - which a lot of the volumizing mascaras do not. But I did expect more out of this than the results I saw. I found it didn't hold curl particularly well. I wouldn't spend money on this (I received it in a swap) and I don't think it did enough for volume/thickness.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm still undecided on this one! After reading such good reviews on here and the blurb from Clarins ("This is a mascara which creates long, silky, curled lashes that still look real. You can sweep the brush over lashes again and again without clumping and theres no need to wait between coats") I became obsessed that this may be "the one". It is a good mascara but HG it isn't I'm afraid!
It definitely lengthens but does not curl and without a mascara base underneath it doesn't hold an eyelash-curler created curl that well. I don't find it any more buildable than any other mascara-more than two coats and it still goes a little dry and clumpy. Also I'm not crazy about the smell.
The thin brush is good for reaching all lashes but I think overall you would need pretty good lashes to start with or to use a mascara base such as Shiseido with this.
Not a bad mascara but I don't think I'd bother again. My search for the HG continues...