Clarins Wonder Length Mascara

Wonder Length Mascara

3.8

on 5/29/2008 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been super impressed by this mascara. As a south floridian, smudgy racoon eyes in the humidity here is my pet peeve. if a mascara smears during the day, i quickly give it up. Well, this one doesnt smear at all. NO smudging through 8 hours and the gym with the slightest smudging between 10-12 hours. Really long lasting. As for wear, this goes on nicely. The brush is very thin and long and really lengthens lashes. I also find that it darkens quite nicely. One coat for daytime and 2-3 for night and you get dark, long thick lashes. Really great. Not clumpy so far ( i am on week 3). Retails for $23.50 and comes in a thin long red tube that is very pretty and not your basic black. I also find this easy to take off at night. Doesnt get everywhere. Overall, i am quite impressed with this and would purchase it again.

on 12/29/2007 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is hands down the best mascara I have ever tried, especially for sparse and easily-smudged asian eyes like mine. I found this in Hong Kong (it seems to be a new product or a relaunch). It seems to be an extreme lengthener that has also a hairsprayed effect afterwards so the length, form, and everything is frozen for at least 5-6 hours. This is not a touchable mascara- it is for drama, length, and volume. The effect is like Diorshow but Diorshow smudges. The only other one that comes close to this one is Givenchy Eye Fly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after getting a sample which impressed me. I find the brush too long and not so easy to apply with, at the full size mascara. Very good lasting power, but it irritates my eyes a bit. I will continue searching for a better one!
UPDATE: It seems that it was not the mascara that irritated my eyes. I started to like it more and more, but I still hate the brush - it takes an extra effort to apply it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm still undecided on this one! After reading such good reviews on here and the blurb from Clarins ("This is a mascara which creates long, silky, curled lashes that still look real. You can sweep the brush over lashes again and again without clumping and theres no need to wait between coats") I became obsessed that this may be "the one". It is a good mascara but HG it isn't I'm afraid!
It definitely lengthens but does not curl and without a mascara base underneath it doesn't hold an eyelash-curler created curl that well. I don't find it any more buildable than any other mascara-more than two coats and it still goes a little dry and clumpy. Also I'm not crazy about the smell.
The thin brush is good for reaching all lashes but I think overall you would need pretty good lashes to start with or to use a mascara base such as Shiseido with this.
Not a bad mascara but I don't think I'd bother again. My search for the HG continues...

on 2/4/2008 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I threw away all of my other mascaras after trying this one from Clarins! The short brush allows you to get right up close and apply a good layer- this mascara lengthens and defines and after you apply a layer on all lashes, you can go back and apply more to the ends to get more length... This is wonderfully smooth and easy to use and it does not clump, flake, or disappear after several hours. I wear this all day and it just last and makes my eyes look fabulous!!!

on 1/24/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Sigh. I thought I would like this mascara a lot because of the brush: it's skinny enough for me to get mascara on my spider-silk-thin bottom lashes and not get most of it on my eyelids. Alas, the formula is thin and does nothing for me. I've had better luck with Chanel, Kevyn Aucoin and Helena Rubinstein mascaras,.

This really makes my lashs really long and it does give little volume.

on 5/22/2012 6:27:00 AM

I absolutely love this mascara. If you want long, natural looking lashes with no clumping or panda eyes then this will be for you. I just love how natural it looks and I really love how it doesnt smudge. It's a nice dry formula, too.

on 5/19/2012 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara because its doent run down my face. I dont wear a lot of eye make up,so mascara is about all i really wear. this is one product that I will pay the money for and not feel bad. I guess if your really into eye make up,this might not work for you.

on 1/2/2012 9:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Agree with NancyM below, does zero for your lashes