Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color

Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color
TLC Truly Lasting ColorTLC Truly Lasting Color

3.8

NEW 6/2013 - Aqua (water, EAU), cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol,talc, boron nitride, HDI/trimethylol hexllactone crosspolymer, nylon-12, PEG/PPG -18/18, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, sodium chloride, trisiloxane, hydrolyzed rice protein, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond seed extract), laminara japonica extract, nerreocystis leutkeana extract, macrocystis pyrifera extract, saccharomyces/magnesium ferment, saccharomyces/potassium ferment, trihydroxystearin, lactobacillus/lemon peel ferment extract, camellia sinesis leaf (green tea) extract, aspalathus linearis leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, tocepherol acetate, sodium ascorbyl phophate, methicone, tribehenin, hydrogenated lecithin, triethoxycaprylysilane, alumina, silica, hydrolyzed glycolsaminogkycans, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan sesquioleate, palmitoyl, hydroxypropyltrimonium amylopectin/glycerin crosspolymer, sorbitol, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, May contain/ +/- titanion dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) zinc oxide (ci77947), 22757. ORIGINAL- (Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 3.3%, Zinc Oxide 2.3%), Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Nylon-12, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trisiloxane, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Nereocystis Leutkeana Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium, Potassium, Trihydroxystearin, Lactobacillus/Lemon Peel Ferment Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methicone, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Silica, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Sorbitol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/21/2017 12:54:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation, and I've used it for YEARS. I moved to a really humid country, and this foundation can take it! The shade (warm) matches my skin tone perfectly and it can withstand rain, sweat & ocean water!

Its medium coverage still feels light, but depending on how much you apply - it can provide great coverage for blemishes and to even out skin tone.

What I love most about it is that at the end of a hot, sweaty day, my face still has a nice "dewy glow" rather than that "melted face" look.

But NOTE: the last time I was in the US (early 2017) and I was trying to stock up, I couldn't find this on the shelves anywhere (ulta, Walgreens, target), so I was forced to just order it off Amazon. Please tell me they're not discontinuing this line...

on 2/15/2017 1:17:00 PM

the pump is amazing. this product is pretty thick right out of the bottle but once applied to the face it doesn't feel heavy at all. the coverage is definitely not full maybe lighter medium coverage but it seemed to build nicely. color: I bought the shade buff, its pale with yellow undertones it looks a lot like the Revlon color stay in the shade buff. skin type: I have combo skin and so far no shine, this wouldn't be a good product for dryer skin unless you use something dewy or hydrating with it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This has great shades for fair skin. If you're tan or brown there are no shades available, which is just annoying. This does last well, I just can't get over the texture. It's very thick, difficult to blend, and feels heavy without heavy coverage. Which is odd. It's matte, medium coverage. Feels like glue when you're spreading it on your face. I tried a beauty blender and a brush. Although I did get it blended and it looked nice, I can't get over that glue like texture. I returned it.

I love using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for the colder months, but I needed something that would hold up better in the warmer months. Finding a color match in lower price ranges is kind of tough for me (I wear 51 light vanilla in the Bourjois, a perfect match) since I'm fair-light with strong yellow undertones. This caught my eye in Ulta since it looked so yellow, so I thought I would try it out after quickly reading some reviews (it's also in a similar price range to Bourjois, though I got this during the 40% off sale). Ends up that the color buff is a color dupe for Bourjois 51! The packaging is even like Bourjois, except this is in a glass bottle.

I apply it with a dampened Real Techniques sponge to thin it out and have it mesh with my skin better since the consistency (and the smell too) is like acrylic paint. It dries fairly quickly so you have to work in sections; it's not the easiest to blend. It gives a nice medium coverage and has a natural satin finish (not as skin-like as Bourjois but not flat matte or anything too obvious). Lasts well on my normal-oily skin and doesn't horribly exacerbate dry areas (though that may be because I use a sponge). Glad I found this!

This is a great foundation for sensitive skin . It provides medium to full coverage (Buildable to full coverage that is.) with a semi satin finish. It's non greasy and wears about 6-7 hours.
However........
It's not non transferable and if it's hot and humid outside, it lessens wear time.
The shade matching to skin tone is great, no fragrance and non comedogenic.
Give it a try.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation out of desperation. The CVS where I typically buy any drugstore makeup was out of my shade in everything that I like. This foundation was the palest I could find, seeing as I am always the palest shade.

Actually, the shade is what I like most about it. It fits my undertone moderately well, but I'm very pink so it's hard to do that anyways. The coverage seemed okay, but I wouldn't recommend using it without concealer (I have had a couple spots that the foundation did not cover). I also don't think it would be a great idea to apply more than one coat because an additional one didn't add any more coverage.

With a brush, this foundation is incredibly streaky. However, I really enjoyed using it with my Real Techniques sponge. With the sponge, coverage is less but the finish is MUCH better.

There was a strange smell to the foundation (fairly chemically, actually). The price also wasn't as good as other drugstore foundations that I like better. The packaging isn't pretty, but the pump works great.

The foundation also does incredibly well for oil. I tried it twice without powder and was so shocked with how well it controlled my oil (the normal amount of oil I usually have at the end of a day with powder). So with powder I found that it was very nice.

Overall, I wasn't in love with this foundation. But it did its job and had a few good points. It didn't break me out, either.

on 7/30/2015 10:15:00 PM

Since L'oreal and Lanc�me keep discontinuing any foundation I really like, I finally found this as an okay alternative. Coverage is medium and generally okay. You can't dink around when applying this--get it on relatively quickly or it will dry (actually more like stick) and you won't be able to blend. Paradoxically though, I have no problem applying a cream blush over it that blends beautifully. I don't have a lot of wrinkles but for those that I do, this doesn't settle in the fine lines. And in 43 years this is the first foundation that matches my skin exactly without making my face look like a ghost. I really can just take it down to the chin line and you'd never know where the foundation left off and my uncovered neck began. I think I'm more astonished by this than anything, since I tried tons of foundations over the years. I would like it to last a little longer though. Even when I use a setting spray it wears off more quickly than I'd like. And it also has a sticky feel to it for quite a while after it is first applied, but that goes away with time. I have always used my foundation on my eyelids, either alone or with shadow, and while that works well I have a really difficult time removing it at night. For some reason the stickiness factor really adheres to the thin eyelid skin. So to sum up, it has its flaws but it's working satisfactorily and I'll keep a look out for something better.

Update 8 months later: My overall satisfaction with this product remains as above but I'm still having a difficult time removing all the product from my lids and the thin area just below my eyes. I've tried Cetaphil, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. and left them on to maybe melt into the foundation--no luck. Since I don't want to be tearing at this sensitive skin, I only wear this when I'm going somewhere special and use something else, that I don't like as well for coverage, for around the house and errands.

on 2/21/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation daily for about a month now. So far I'm not loving it. When I wear foundation I'm going for the "no makeup look" , natural, light handed application, but the outcome after setting powder and blush is heavy and done -up. Worst part, after a few hours my face starts to feel itchy! I'm going to try to finish up the bottle but I think I'll just end up mixing it into a light face cream and use it as a tinted moisturizer. The consistency is certainly thick enough.

Overall, this foundation has great coverage, however, if you have oily skin and you're going for natural, blendable, easy wear - this is not the right product for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Got oily skin? Need full coverage foundation with yellow undertones? Need a matte foundation??? This foundation nails it. I wear the color buff and it blends beautifully. I look perfectly matte, no oily hotmess hours down the road. My HG foundation and at a great price!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wore this in the summer for maybe two weeks, before switching to the Covergirl 3-in-1. Overall, I think it's a solid foundation but nothing spectacular. It's more expensive for a drugstore, so I don't know if I saw any great benefits for the "extra" price tag.

This definitely does not wear for 16 hours if you have very oily skin. It doesn't even wear that well for a typical work/school day (8 hours). It seems to break apart more easily than the long-lasting drugstore foundations I've tried; in 2-3 hours, I get shiny and the formula already starts to separate on my face. Maybe it's because the texture is pretty thick, noticeably thicker than Covergirl's 3-in-1. This makes it harder to blend without buffing it into the skin (which you shouldn't do if you have acne-prone skin).

The coverage is good; I can easily build it to a medium coverage upon first application. It doesn't look overly cake-y or unnatural, unlike other longwearing foundations. It's not entirely matte, but matte enough that dry skin might not pair well with this formula. I'm an NC 15-20, and the color Buff is perfect for my skin.

I have extremely acne-prone skin. This didn't break me out, but I only used it for a couple of weeks so maybe I didn't notice it if it did. I'm now extremely wary of using longwearing foundations if you have acne (all the other ones I've tried have broken me out), so I'm not willing to keep using this everyday to find out. So if you have cystic acne, be cautious if you want to try this out.

In short, if you have normal or just a tad bit oily skin, this formula can work for you. I personally feel like it's too heavy for an everyday, daytime foundation, so maybe this can be great for going out to dinner or partying at night. But truthfully, there are better options out there, forcheaper. If you don't struggle with acne, Covergirl 3-in-1 has better coverage and better wear time. Maybelline's Fit Me Matte + Poreless liquid is also a good alternative to consider.