Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color

Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color
TLC Truly Lasting ColorTLC Truly Lasting Color

3.8

NEW 6/2013 - Aqua (water, EAU), cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol,talc, boron nitride, HDI/trimethylol hexllactone crosspolymer, nylon-12, PEG/PPG -18/18, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, sodium chloride, trisiloxane, hydrolyzed rice protein, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond seed extract), laminara japonica extract, nerreocystis leutkeana extract, macrocystis pyrifera extract, saccharomyces/magnesium ferment, saccharomyces/potassium ferment, trihydroxystearin, lactobacillus/lemon peel ferment extract, camellia sinesis leaf (green tea) extract, aspalathus linearis leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, tocepherol acetate, sodium ascorbyl phophate, methicone, tribehenin, hydrogenated lecithin, triethoxycaprylysilane, alumina, silica, hydrolyzed glycolsaminogkycans, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan sesquioleate, palmitoyl, hydroxypropyltrimonium amylopectin/glycerin crosspolymer, sorbitol, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, May contain/ +/- titanion dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) zinc oxide (ci77947), 22757. ORIGINAL- (Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 3.3%, Zinc Oxide 2.3%), Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Nylon-12, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trisiloxane, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Nereocystis Leutkeana Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium, Potassium, Trihydroxystearin, Lactobacillus/Lemon Peel Ferment Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methicone, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Silica, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Sorbitol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/20/2018 11:02:00 AM

I bought this foundation from ocean state job lot. At first when I started applying it , I thought “wow this is a really good foundation for so cheap” I was wrong. It blends OK & matches with my skin tone suprisingly , it stays on BUT feels very heavy on my skin. After a few hours of wearing this product my skin looked all caked up. I absolutely hated that. When I got home to wash it off I broke out bad. I know it wasn’t anything else that made me break out because the only thing I changed in my makeup routine was the foundation. I would never recommend this to a friend & I won’t be purchasing this product again.

on 12/20/2017 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is amazing for a drugstore foundation. It reminds me of double wear Estée Lauder. I have been disappointed with double wears new formula and started looking for a new foundation. This may be the one. This foundation topped with fix plus sprayed over it makes it transfer proof. I’m over 50 years old so foundation matters more than ever to me. I’m willing to pay for a good one. This is just really good without the high price. I bought mine at Walmart.

on 11/29/2017 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Edit: Holy Grail for me

I am not sure why I didn't try this sooner! This is an amazing foundation! I have it in the color Naked and it is a pretty good match. I also have the shade Neutral but it is a tad too dark but doesn't look bad at all. I usually mix the two but I don't really have to. Naked is great for non summer. Neutral is great for the summer. I feel both shades are pretty forgiving and easy to work with. I'm about an NC25ish. I like product is significantly better than Revlon Colorstay (and even ELDW), which looks HORRIBLE on me now after they changed the formula. This is very long wearing, feels light, covers well without looking cakey or unnatural, and transfer resistant. I would say this is medium coverage but can be built up to full coverage. I always use the smallest amount of foundation possible. My tzone, especially my nose, is very oily and this foundation holds up amazingly. My skin isn’t greasy at the end of the day. If you have oily skin, give this a try especially since it is affordable. Your skin should be moisturized/hydrated or it will look a bit dry. The color selection is extremely limited, unfortunately. I prefer this over this over many of the high end foundations that I have! It is currently my favorite foundation.

on 6/21/2017 12:54:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation, and I've used it for YEARS. I moved to a really humid country, and this foundation can take it! The shade (warm) matches my skin tone perfectly and it can withstand rain, sweat & ocean water!

Its medium coverage still feels light, but depending on how much you apply - it can provide great coverage for blemishes and to even out skin tone.

What I love most about it is that at the end of a hot, sweaty day, my face still has a nice "dewy glow" rather than that "melted face" look.

But NOTE: the last time I was in the US (early 2017) and I was trying to stock up, I couldn't find this on the shelves anywhere (ulta, Walgreens, target), so I was forced to just order it off Amazon. Please tell me they're not discontinuing this line...

on 2/15/2017 1:17:00 PM

the pump is amazing. this product is pretty thick right out of the bottle but once applied to the face it doesn't feel heavy at all. the coverage is definitely not full maybe lighter medium coverage but it seemed to build nicely. color: I bought the shade buff, its pale with yellow undertones it looks a lot like the Revlon color stay in the shade buff. skin type: I have combo skin and so far no shine, this wouldn't be a good product for dryer skin unless you use something dewy or hydrating with it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation out of desperation. The CVS where I typically buy any drugstore makeup was out of my shade in everything that I like. This foundation was the palest I could find, seeing as I am always the palest shade.

Actually, the shade is what I like most about it. It fits my undertone moderately well, but I'm very pink so it's hard to do that anyways. The coverage seemed okay, but I wouldn't recommend using it without concealer (I have had a couple spots that the foundation did not cover). I also don't think it would be a great idea to apply more than one coat because an additional one didn't add any more coverage.

With a brush, this foundation is incredibly streaky. However, I really enjoyed using it with my Real Techniques sponge. With the sponge, coverage is less but the finish is MUCH better.

There was a strange smell to the foundation (fairly chemically, actually). The price also wasn't as good as other drugstore foundations that I like better. The packaging isn't pretty, but the pump works great.

The foundation also does incredibly well for oil. I tried it twice without powder and was so shocked with how well it controlled my oil (the normal amount of oil I usually have at the end of a day with powder). So with powder I found that it was very nice.

Overall, I wasn't in love with this foundation. But it did its job and had a few good points. It didn't break me out, either.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This has great shades for fair skin. If you're tan or brown there are no shades available, which is just annoying. This does last well, I just can't get over the texture. It's very thick, difficult to blend, and feels heavy without heavy coverage. Which is odd. It's matte, medium coverage. Feels like glue when you're spreading it on your face. I tried a beauty blender and a brush. Although I did get it blended and it looked nice, I can't get over that glue like texture. I returned it.

This is a great foundation for sensitive skin . It provides medium to full coverage (Buildable to full coverage that is.) with a semi satin finish. It's non greasy and wears about 6-7 hours.
However........
It's not non transferable and if it's hot and humid outside, it lessens wear time.
The shade matching to skin tone is great, no fragrance and non comedogenic.
Give it a try.

I love using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for the colder months, but I needed something that would hold up better in the warmer months. Finding a color match in lower price ranges is kind of tough for me (I wear 51 light vanilla in the Bourjois, a perfect match) since I'm fair-light with strong yellow undertones. This caught my eye in Ulta since it looked so yellow, so I thought I would try it out after quickly reading some reviews (it's also in a similar price range to Bourjois, though I got this during the 40% off sale). Ends up that the color buff is a color dupe for Bourjois 51! The packaging is even like Bourjois, except this is in a glass bottle.

I apply it with a dampened Real Techniques sponge to thin it out and have it mesh with my skin better since the consistency (and the smell too) is like acrylic paint. It dries fairly quickly so you have to work in sections; it's not the easiest to blend. It gives a nice medium coverage and has a natural satin finish (not as skin-like as Bourjois but not flat matte or anything too obvious). Lasts well on my normal-oily skin and doesn't horribly exacerbate dry areas (though that may be because I use a sponge). Glad I found this!

Got oily skin? Need full coverage foundation with yellow undertones? Need a matte foundation??? This foundation nails it. I wear the color buff and it blends beautifully. I look perfectly matte, no oily hotmess hours down the road. My HG foundation and at a great price!!!