Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color

Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color

3.8

NEW 6/2013 - Aqua (water, EAU), cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol,talc, boron nitride, HDI/trimethylol hexllactone crosspolymer, nylon-12, PEG/PPG -18/18, dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, sodium chloride, trisiloxane, hydrolyzed rice protein, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond seed extract), laminara japonica extract, nerreocystis leutkeana extract, macrocystis pyrifera extract, saccharomyces/magnesium ferment, saccharomyces/potassium ferment, trihydroxystearin, lactobacillus/lemon peel ferment extract, camellia sinesis leaf (green tea) extract, aspalathus linearis leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, tocepherol acetate, sodium ascorbyl phophate, methicone, tribehenin, hydrogenated lecithin, triethoxycaprylysilane, alumina, silica, hydrolyzed glycolsaminogkycans, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan sesquioleate, palmitoyl, hydroxypropyltrimonium amylopectin/glycerin crosspolymer, sorbitol, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, May contain/ +/- titanion dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) zinc oxide (ci77947), 22757. ORIGINAL- (Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 3.3%, Zinc Oxide 2.3%), Water, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Nylon-12, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trisiloxane, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Nereocystis Leutkeana Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium, Potassium, Trihydroxystearin, Lactobacillus/Lemon Peel Ferment Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methicone, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Silica, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Sorbitol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

This is a great foundation for sensitive skin . It provides medium to full coverage (Buildable to full coverage that is.) with a semi satin finish. It's non greasy and wears about 6-7 hours.
However........
It's not non transferable and if it's hot and humid outside, it lessens wear time.
The shade matching to skin tone is great, no fragrance and non comedogenic.
Give it a try.

I love using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for the colder months, but I needed something that would hold up better in the warmer months. Finding a color match in lower price ranges is kind of tough for me (I wear 51 light vanilla in the Bourjois, a perfect match) since I'm fair-light with strong yellow undertones. This caught my eye in Ulta since it looked so yellow, so I thought I would try it out after quickly reading some reviews (it's also in a similar price range to Bourjois, though I got this during the 40% off sale). Ends up that the color buff is a color dupe for Bourjois 51! The packaging is even like Bourjois, except this is in a glass bottle.

I apply it with a dampened Real Techniques sponge to thin it out and have it mesh with my skin better since the consistency (and the smell too) is like acrylic paint. It dries fairly quickly so you have to work in sections; it's not the easiest to blend. It gives a nice medium coverage and has a natural satin finish (not as skin-like as Bourjois but not flat matte or anything too obvious). Lasts well on my normal-oily skin and doesn't horribly exacerbate dry areas (though that may be because I use a sponge). Glad I found this!

To Read all 352 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Got oily skin? Need full coverage foundation with yellow undertones? Need a matte foundation??? This foundation nails it. I wear the color buff and it blends beautifully. I look perfectly matte, no oily hotmess hours down the road. My HG foundation and at a great price!!!

on 2/21/2016 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation daily for about a month now. So far I'm not loving it. When I wear foundation I'm going for the "no makeup look" , natural, light handed application, but the outcome after setting powder and blush is heavy and done -up. Worst part, after a few hours my face starts to feel itchy! I'm going to try to finish up the bottle but I think I'll just end up mixing it into a light face cream and use it as a tinted moisturizer. The consistency is certainly thick enough.

Overall, this foundation has great coverage, however, if you have oily skin and you're going for natural, blendable, easy wear - this is not the right product for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wore this in the summer for maybe two weeks, before switching to the Covergirl 3-in-1. Overall, I think it's a solid foundation but nothing spectacular. It's more expensive for a drugstore, so I don't know if I saw any great benefits for the "extra" price tag.

This definitely does not wear for 16 hours if you have very oily skin. It doesn't even wear that well for a typical work/school day (8 hours). It seems to break apart more easily than the long-lasting drugstore foundations I've tried; in 2-3 hours, I get shiny and the formula already starts to separate on my face. Maybe it's because the texture is pretty thick, noticeably thicker than Covergirl's 3-in-1. This makes it harder to blend without buffing it into the skin (which you shouldn't do if you have acne-prone skin).

The coverage is good; I can easily build it to a medium coverage upon first application. It doesn't look overly cake-y or unnatural, unlike other longwearing foundations. It's not entirely matte, but matte enough that dry skin might not pair well with this formula. I'm an NC 15-20, and the color Buff is perfect for my skin.

I have extremely acne-prone skin. This didn't break me out, but I only used it for a couple of weeks so maybe I didn't notice it if it did. I'm now extremely wary of using longwearing foundations if you have acne (all the other ones I've tried have broken me out), so I'm not willing to keep using this everyday to find out. So if you have cystic acne, be cautious if you want to try this out.

In short, if you have normal or just a tad bit oily skin, this formula can work for you. I personally feel like it's too heavy for an everyday, daytime foundation, so maybe this can be great for going out to dinner or partying at night. But truthfully, there are better options out there, forcheaper. If you don't struggle with acne, Covergirl 3-in-1 has better coverage and better wear time. Maybelline's Fit Me Matte + Poreless liquid is also a good alternative to consider.

on 7/30/2015 10:15:00 PM

Since L'oreal and Lanc�me keep discontinuing any foundation I really like, I finally found this as an okay alternative. Coverage is medium and generally okay. You can't dink around when applying this--get it on relatively quickly or it will dry (actually more like stick) and you won't be able to blend. Paradoxically though, I have no problem applying a cream blush over it that blends beautifully. I don't have a lot of wrinkles but for those that I do, this doesn't settle in the fine lines. And in 43 years this is the first foundation that matches my skin exactly without making my face look like a ghost. I really can just take it down to the chin line and you'd never know where the foundation left off and my uncovered neck began. I think I'm more astonished by this than anything, since I tried tons of foundations over the years. I would like it to last a little longer though. Even when I use a setting spray it wears off more quickly than I'd like. And it also has a sticky feel to it for quite a while after it is first applied, but that goes away with time. I have always used my foundation on my eyelids, either alone or with shadow, and while that works well I have a really difficult time removing it at night. For some reason the stickiness factor really adheres to the thin eyelid skin. So to sum up, it has its flaws but it's working satisfactorily and I'll keep a look out for something better.

Update 8 months later: My overall satisfaction with this product remains as above but I'm still having a difficult time removing all the product from my lids and the thin area just below my eyes. I've tried Cetaphil, coconut oil, olive oil, etc. and left them on to maybe melt into the foundation--no luck. Since I don't want to be tearing at this sensitive skin, I only wear this when I'm going somewhere special and use something else, that I don't like as well for coverage, for around the house and errands.

on 7/11/2015 4:13:00 PM

I recently rediscovered this foundation in my collection. I'm surprised it doesn't get more buzz. The finish is very natural. The best aspect of this product is the color selection. It's difficult to find foundation in a light shade that isn't too pale or too yellow for me. I have a fairly light neutral/cool complexion and i found a perfect match in this line.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is oily and I was using mineral foundation but my skin needs to be evened out a bit and needs more coverage than a mineral powder can supply so I decided to go back to using a liquid. One of the hard things about having oily skin is that foundations usually wear off quickly. As I am 49 years old, some foundations tend to settle in my pores as well and my face gets shiny a hour after application.

Based on some reviews, I decided to try this product. I apply liquid foundation with a wedge sponge which I dampen. The coverage for this is not heavy. I did a light layer all over and had to go back and put an extra layer on my nose which has light freckles and an acne mark on my cheek that has been there for 2 weeks now . Foundation felt light and the coverage was good with layering on the trouble spots.

Lunchtime at work, I checked myself. Foundation looked good. No shine. Did not settle in any of my pores. 3:00 p.m., I checked myself. My face was a little shiny but I have rice paper to blot so no biggie. Still no settling in pores. I arrived home about 7:00 p.m., my skin looks a little shiny but the coverage is still there.

I have used other "long lasting" foundations and they feel heavy or rubbery on my face. This product did not.

So my fellow reviewers, thank you for your reviews. It helped me find this foundation and I like it and will continue to use it.

on 5/19/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

In my opinion, the only pro with this foundation is the packaging. It is a pump and it is easy to control how much comes out.

Texure-The consistency of this foundation is weird....it looks like a liquid, but it's not really. It's somewhere between a liquid and a cream. But it's not really either one.

Coverage-This foundation is very light coverage. I have to use 3 very light layers to achieve any coverage at all. When I do, you can still see redness underneath the makeup.

Staying power-This stuff does not even come close to lasting 6 hours. Heck, it doesn't even make it through 8 hours, much less 16. I apply this in the morning, and by my lunch at 11:30, there are huge bare patches. This is even with a primer!

Price-This makeup is definitely NOT worth the price. I think I paid $9.99 at Walmart. It's even more expensive other places.

Buildability-I apply this with my fingers, like I do all my foundations. This stuff doesn't spread very well at all. It's not easy to worth with. This is not buildable at all.

I'm still debating whether I'm even going to finish this bottle. I'm getting very frustrated and close to just tossing it in the trash. If you have flawless skin, and only need very light coverage, this foundation will probably be great for you. But you need more than sheer coverage or have any type of flaw on your face, then you should skip it. I will not be repurchasing this. Which is disappointing, because I was really looking forward to trying this foundation.

on 5/17/2015 10:22:00 AM

I honestly did not like this foundation. It would be okay for someone with dry skin, who needs a light coverage foundation, but otherwise avoid this!

Pros-
It has a pump so product is not wasted, and application is not messy!

Does not oxidize/get darker throughout the day like other long lasting foundations

Cons-
Claims to be oil free, and does not clog pores but broke me out the first day I wore it. (Foundations typically do not break me out.)

Very Very Very light coverage and not easily buildable

Does not lost 16 hours as it claims

I pretty much hate this foundation, it is pricey for being a drugstore foundation. You are basically paying the extra money for the packaging of the product. It does nothing it claims to, and when I put it on, it does not cover any of my blemishes. This might be a good product for anyone over the age of 25 who do not have issues with acne, but for young adults/teens I 100% do not recommend.