Everyday Minerals Cosmetic Wet Wipes

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love EM and was excited to try this product since they say its organic and gentle.But as soon as i pressed it against my face, it was so rough! When i was done cleaning my face with it, my face was bright pink and it burned. I even woke up to find small pimples on my cheeks the next morning. As another reviewer said below, I am now using these wipes to clean off any makeup spilled on my counter.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

the worst!! an organic product that clams to be gentle enugh for baby... nope. these were so rough and burned my face! i ended up using them to clean makeup spills off my sink.

Definitely is not good enough if you are solely relying on this for removing makeup. Especially if you use waterproof makeup. But they are so dirt cheap that they are good for a quick refresher, or a mini makeup removal. Like if im going out after work, and my foundation looks crappy, I just wipe it off with this and redo it real quick. I dont have to redo my eye makeup! Also good for if you are using pigments, or mineral eye makeup and you get dusting under your eyes. I always use this after applying eye makeup just to clean away any smudges of eyeliner or mascara or whatever! The price definitely makes it worthwhile because you dont have to feel bad and skimp to use every inch of the sheet. I say get them if you need a "filler item" to bump you up to those promotions Everyday Minerals always has.

on 3/27/2008 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

Did not remove mu as compared to other mu wipes out there. Poor quality. Ended up using them for spills in my car... :/

on 2/14/2008 4:54:00 PM

I am a huge EM fan and was dying to try this. I have never used wipes before, but since it sounded easy and they cost almost nothing I decided to give them a try.
I thought they were suppose to remove makeup so I got really disappointed at first. I used alot of time and scrubbing and just ended up with soar skin with some makeup still left on.
Since I really wanted to love this I tried using this in mornings but unfortunately it made my skin supersoar and made me break put like crazy. Will give these to a friend. Huge disappointment !

on 2/9/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 1 ($3.75/80 wipes!)

Packaging: 2

Buy again:

I don't normally use wipes, but I wanted something to remove makeup and freshen up without having to go to the sink. I've used quite a few of EM products in the past, so when these came out I wanted to try them out. First, they are loaded with all natural ingredients, which I love! They are moist and large enough to get the job done (they're about the size of a piece of kleenex). The price is absolutely phenomenal too-- I am acne prone as well, and this stuff is actually helping my skin because of the lavender oil and grapefruit extracts.

This doesn't leave any greasy residue, or dry my skin out. They're great for on the go or if you just want a "pick me up" in the middle of day.

My one complaint is the package; it comes in the standard wet-wipes plastic bag thing with a sticker seal. My sticker doesn't seem to stick very well, and I'm worried about the wipes drying out before I can use them all. A better sealing mechanism would be awesome! (i.e. you can keep the same plastic bag packaging, just make the opening a plastic piece or something to make it airtight). I keep mine in a dark drawer out of direct light, just to make sure the solvents don't evaporate as quickly. continued >>

on 1/15/2008 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a while now my night time routine has involved using a cleansing wipe to remove my makeup and to cleanse my face. Usually I just pickup whatever is cheapest at the drugstore (Ponds, Olay, Kroger, Equate, whatever!) so I am not picky about this particular product. I was very suprised to see this new product on the EM site. 80 wipes for under $4 seemed too good to be true! I thought the wipes must be super tiny or something. But lo and behold, when they arrived in the mail I was first surpised with how big the package was! It looks much smaller on the website. The wipes themselves work great. They remove my makeup with ease and feel nice and refreshing on my skin. The scent is nice too. Like several other EM "accessory" products, the quality may not be up to par with other options out there, but for the price I find it very much worth it. Especially with this product! Even drugstore brand MU wipes run about $5 for 30 wipes. The wipes do not lather up like the other wipes out there, and the cloths themselves are much thinner. But the job gets done - which is what I like about many of EM's products. I will definitely buy again because you get a very good product at an incredible price.

on 1/13/2008 6:21:00 PM

I love Everyday Minerals' mineral makeup, but in my opinion skincare may not be the right direction for this brand. I wanted to try cosmetic wipes to easily wash off makeup and sunscreen and sweat after working out, but as a previous reviewer noted, these just smear around your eye makeup. And what really surprised me was that these gave my skin a burning sensation, and I do not have sensitive skin. I am by no means an ingredients expert, but there must be something harsh in these. I was hoping they would help me be lazy when I don't feel like going through my usual oil precleanse and cleanser routine, but I won't be using them much.

on 1/8/2008 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought these because I needed a makeup remover. I was attracted to the packaging, and they were cheap; so i bought them. When I got them I was really happy about the packaging. There is a smell, but it didn't bother me. It reminded me of baby wipes. It took off my foundation, conclear, and powder, but not so well on the eyeliner. It removed like 94% of my eyeliner. Plus it removed most of the oil from my face and actually made my face matte the whole day... ._. which i like. Overall I'd buy them again. I like the price, packaging, and smell, so yea. :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love EDM products, and I was excited to try these wipes...until I actually received them and was nto really impressed. This product barely performs. Sure, it takes off makeup on your forehead, cheeks, chin etc (with a lot of rubbing)....but any wet wipe you use would do the same thing. A generic baby wipe could do a better job at removing makeup than these wipes. And if you want to use these to remove eye makeup, forget it. All it does it smear your makeup around and you have to scrub so hard to even attempt to get any mascara or eyeliner off that you could actually damage your skin with repeated use. Trust me- the effort it takes to use these wipes to remove eye makeup is soooooo not worth it. Use a cotton ball with ANY other makeup remover and you'd get your makeup off a lot quicker with no friction, rubbing or damage to your skin. I do think these have one good use. If I have any residue from makeup removers left on my face, I could use one of these wipes to remove the residue- but considering I always follow up with a good face wash anyway, I'm not about to add another step to my routine. These are good for wiping your face after the gym, but since I always need moisturizer, I wouldn't use these alone. My husband likes to use these because he likes his skin to be as dry as possible, so he uses these during the day to remove his oilies and touch up his face.