Everyday Minerals Cosmetic Wet Wipes

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I can see how these are good for cleaning makeup-free skin, but this did not remove my mineral makeup at all. This seems VERY odd to me since Everyday Minerals is....a MINERAL makeup company. I don't get why they'd make a wipe that doesn't remove their product, but.....whatever....

on 12/17/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't know why these aren't getting a better review. They removed almost all of my EM makeup ( I would NEVER expect them to get it all off). Of course they aren't going to remove eye makeup, as they are not harsh. They are wonderful as a refresher and a pre cleanse. Great to use before or after gym, all natural and very cheap. I will buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using these for about 2 weeks now and I'm really happy with them. I find that they are perfect for mornings or as a refresher after hitting the gym. They're not great for removing eye make up, so if you're looking for something that will do that, these probably won't work out very well for you. I really like the light, slightly herbal fragrance and the fact that they leave my skin feeling really clean, but not stripped. Face wipes I've used in the past have all either left my skin feeling filmy and not quite clean or have completely stripped my face and left it raw. These are just perfect.
The only thing I'm not happy with is the packaging- it ripped open in two different places within 2 days of when I received it. I just transferred the wipes to a ziploc baggie and it's been fine, but the company should probably use a little sturdier plastic for the packaging.
These are super handy for travel and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

on 5/10/2008 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love these wipes. They're very refreshing and gentle on my ultra-sensitive skin. I use one every morning to freshen my skin and prepare for moisturizer. They remove EM foundation fairly well, but they absolutely suck at removing eye makeup. That's my only complaint, thus the reason for removing a lippie.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

the worst!! an organic product that clams to be gentle enugh for baby... nope. these were so rough and burned my face! i ended up using them to clean makeup spills off my sink.

I absolutely LOVE these wipes.

I'm really not sure what kind of makeup reviewers are wearing if this doesn't remove it. If you're wearing Everyday Minerals, it definitely removes it all. But even when I wear other foundations, and my Covergirl or MAC mascara, it removes it all.

My skin feels really fresh afterwards. I like using a cosmetic/facial wipe at night, and a medicated cleanser in the morning - this routine has worked well for my skin. But Ponds and Neutrogena wipes leave my face feeling itchy, and others don't moisturize at all - EM's solve all those problems, and they're really cheap (Ponds was 6 bucks for 25 wipes, EM is 4 bucks for 80 wipes).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was dying to try these. They're very reasonably priced at 80 wipes for $3.75. The all natural ingredients thing was nice too. I have not had any adverse reaction on my skin from these at all-- huge plus. So why the 3 out of 5 rating? Well,

The packaging is awful. You can't get just one wipe out of the pack. You end up pulling 2 or more out unless you kinda claw it out. Annoying. It would also be nice if it was a bit more easily resealable since this is an item that dries out eventually. If they were in a tiny tub or even a ziplock that'd be nifty.

The biggest complaint: They just simply don't work that great. They are really nice if you're someone who washes in the evening and just wants a quick clean the next morning, and they're ace at removing lipstick...but they are lame at removing eye makeup. I use UDPP and waterproof mascara and if I want to get it off with one of these wipes I have to scrub so hard I lose lashes and pull at the tender eye area. Not ok.

I will use these up but not repurchase.

on 2/14/2008 4:54:00 PM

I am a huge EM fan and was dying to try this. I have never used wipes before, but since it sounded easy and they cost almost nothing I decided to give them a try.
I thought they were suppose to remove makeup so I got really disappointed at first. I used alot of time and scrubbing and just ended up with soar skin with some makeup still left on.
Since I really wanted to love this I tried using this in mornings but unfortunately it made my skin supersoar and made me break put like crazy. Will give these to a friend. Huge disappointment !

on 1/12/2008 3:20:00 PM

I really, really like how EM has tried to provide high-quality organic skincare at reasonable prices! These wipes aren't perfect, but they are a good start in the right direction. You get 80 in a resealable package for $3.75, which is a super value! The smell is my favorite part, it is clean and refreshing without being perfume-y. I think that it takes face makeup off very well, without leaving any sort of film behind and without being irritating to my sensitive skin. My only issues with these wipes are that 1) they really don't remove eye makeup that well-- yesterday I only had on EM eyeshadow + primer, and it left remnants behind, and 2) the wipes are not the softest texture I've found (Ponds, Neutrogena, and Boots wipes all beat EM here). Yet, I will continue to repurchase these, and use them on days when I have less makeup on and/or just want to freshen up! Give these a try!