Everyday Minerals Cosmetic Wet Wipes

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 1/21/2009 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing!!!! I have been using them for about six months and I cannot live without them. I love the fact that they are all natural with no crazy ingedients. The smell is just as wonderful. They take my EDM makeup off just like any other brand would. I like to use a different product to take my eye makeup off so even if they don't work that well on the eyes... I really don't care lol. I heard they were discontinued but i shot them an email and now they are back up! Yay! So i decided to stock up! I highly recommend this product!

on 12/17/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't know why these aren't getting a better review. They removed almost all of my EM makeup ( I would NEVER expect them to get it all off). Of course they aren't going to remove eye makeup, as they are not harsh. They are wonderful as a refresher and a pre cleanse. Great to use before or after gym, all natural and very cheap. I will buy again.

I received this product a few days ago, and as of now, it's nice. It doesn't remove makeup as well as Pond's, but I can just tell that it is much healthier for my skin. Sometimes I use two if I'm wearing lots of makeup, but usually I just use one and then wash my face. I absolutely love the smell-- never thought I'd be into the organic herbal thing, but I'm trying to be healthier. It smells like wetnaps gone.. earthy. I can pronounce everything on the ingredient list, and that's most important-- along with it (so far) not breaking me out. It's pretty cheap too, $3.75 for 80... although if it's the only thing you're getting from EM, it will cost upwards of $10 with shipping =/

EDIT: I added a star to make this a 5-star product, which I don't usually do. They are just perfect. They leave my skin so soft and moisturized and the fact that its all natural, organic, and biodegradble is just wonderful. I can't wait to get home at night so I can use these to refresh my face. I HATE my face being dirty (even the smallest amt of oily) and i was frequently washing it multiple times a day. With this, multiple times a day most liekly won't irritate normal skin It's so perfect and the smell is just lovely, herby, and organic!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love these cosmetic wipes! I usually use it in the morning when I don't have time to clip my hair back, wash my face and then dry my face. I don't know if it's because I don't have sensitive skin or if these wipes actually are soft, but I find its soft and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I love that it's biodegradable and vegan. My skin hasn't had any reactions to it so far. Would I buy again? YES!

I absolutely LOVE these wipes.

I'm really not sure what kind of makeup reviewers are wearing if this doesn't remove it. If you're wearing Everyday Minerals, it definitely removes it all. But even when I wear other foundations, and my Covergirl or MAC mascara, it removes it all.

My skin feels really fresh afterwards. I like using a cosmetic/facial wipe at night, and a medicated cleanser in the morning - this routine has worked well for my skin. But Ponds and Neutrogena wipes leave my face feeling itchy, and others don't moisturize at all - EM's solve all those problems, and they're really cheap (Ponds was 6 bucks for 25 wipes, EM is 4 bucks for 80 wipes).

I know I have been raving about Everyday Minerals' products lately... but this product is absolutely amazing!! Us oily-skinned gals would be hard-pressed to find a 'cosmetic wipe' that doesn't break you out, contain nasty chemicals and/or fragrances, or leave nasty film on your skin. I love toting these for use before/after the gym to keep my skin clear, but many brands (like Boots, for example) contain harmful parabens and leave a film behind, making it feel like it did more harm than good! Well, girls, I think I've found the perfect wipe! For $3.50, you get 80 large towelettes (baby-wipe sized, not the wimpy 'cosmetic wipe' size), and get this... the ingredients are all-natural and organic, and they smell amazing, despite the fact that they don't contain a trace of synthetic fragrance. A few swipes with this and you are left with clean, makeup-free skin... it wipes every trace of oil, makeup, and dirt away... I really think this could possibly replace a traditional cleanser! Honestly, you would be crazy not to give these a try. One of the best beauty bargains I think I have ever found!

**My only gripe, and a note to fellow ingredient hounds.... While phenoxyethanol is an organic compound that prevents bacteria from forming, it is toxic and is classified as an irritant, however, it is used in many cosmetics.... considering this is low on the list of ingredients, I would think many people could use this product without experiencing irritation. Just follow with a few pats of moisturizer to keep skin from getting too dry.**

Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera, Lavender Hydrosol, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil, Extracts of Green Tea, Chamomile Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Citric Acid. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using these for about 2 weeks now and I'm really happy with them. I find that they are perfect for mornings or as a refresher after hitting the gym. They're not great for removing eye make up, so if you're looking for something that will do that, these probably won't work out very well for you. I really like the light, slightly herbal fragrance and the fact that they leave my skin feeling really clean, but not stripped. Face wipes I've used in the past have all either left my skin feeling filmy and not quite clean or have completely stripped my face and left it raw. These are just perfect.
The only thing I'm not happy with is the packaging- it ripped open in two different places within 2 days of when I received it. I just transferred the wipes to a ziploc baggie and it's been fine, but the company should probably use a little sturdier plastic for the packaging.
These are super handy for travel and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

on 6/5/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly don't understand why people are having trouble with these....To me they are absolutely perfect....they are not rough at all (as long as you don't rub super hard, just like anything else you use on your face!) they smell great, they take off all my EM makeup minus my other brand eyeliner/mascara. I always use nuetrogena's eye makeup remover before then take off the rest of my makeup and clean up my eye area with these wonderful wipes. yes the packaging isn't the greatest since the sticky closure often wears off, but for the price I just simply put it in a ziploc baggie, after that it is just perfect!...Try Them!!!!!

on 5/10/2008 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love these wipes. They're very refreshing and gentle on my ultra-sensitive skin. I use one every morning to freshen my skin and prepare for moisturizer. They remove EM foundation fairly well, but they absolutely suck at removing eye makeup. That's my only complaint, thus the reason for removing a lippie.

on 2/9/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 1 ($3.75/80 wipes!)

Packaging: 2

Buy again:

I don't normally use wipes, but I wanted something to remove makeup and freshen up without having to go to the sink. I've used quite a few of EM products in the past, so when these came out I wanted to try them out. First, they are loaded with all natural ingredients, which I love! They are moist and large enough to get the job done (they're about the size of a piece of kleenex). The price is absolutely phenomenal too-- I am acne prone as well, and this stuff is actually helping my skin because of the lavender oil and grapefruit extracts.

This doesn't leave any greasy residue, or dry my skin out. They're great for on the go or if you just want a "pick me up" in the middle of day.

My one complaint is the package; it comes in the standard wet-wipes plastic bag thing with a sticker seal. My sticker doesn't seem to stick very well, and I'm worried about the wipes drying out before I can use them all. A better sealing mechanism would be awesome! (i.e. you can keep the same plastic bag packaging, just make the opening a plastic piece or something to make it airtight). I keep mine in a dark drawer out of direct light, just to make sure the solvents don't evaporate as quickly. continued >>