Everyday Minerals Cosmetic Wet Wipes

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

the worst!! an organic product that clams to be gentle enugh for baby... nope. these were so rough and burned my face! i ended up using them to clean makeup spills off my sink.

on 2/14/2008 4:54:00 PM

I am a huge EM fan and was dying to try this. I have never used wipes before, but since it sounded easy and they cost almost nothing I decided to give them a try.
I thought they were suppose to remove makeup so I got really disappointed at first. I used alot of time and scrubbing and just ended up with soar skin with some makeup still left on.
Since I really wanted to love this I tried using this in mornings but unfortunately it made my skin supersoar and made me break put like crazy. Will give these to a friend. Huge disappointment !

on 1/13/2008 6:21:00 PM

I love Everyday Minerals' mineral makeup, but in my opinion skincare may not be the right direction for this brand. I wanted to try cosmetic wipes to easily wash off makeup and sunscreen and sweat after working out, but as a previous reviewer noted, these just smear around your eye makeup. And what really surprised me was that these gave my skin a burning sensation, and I do not have sensitive skin. I am by no means an ingredients expert, but there must be something harsh in these. I was hoping they would help me be lazy when I don't feel like going through my usual oil precleanse and cleanser routine, but I won't be using them much.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love EDM products, and I was excited to try these wipes...until I actually received them and was nto really impressed. This product barely performs. Sure, it takes off makeup on your forehead, cheeks, chin etc (with a lot of rubbing)....but any wet wipe you use would do the same thing. A generic baby wipe could do a better job at removing makeup than these wipes. And if you want to use these to remove eye makeup, forget it. All it does it smear your makeup around and you have to scrub so hard to even attempt to get any mascara or eyeliner off that you could actually damage your skin with repeated use. Trust me- the effort it takes to use these wipes to remove eye makeup is soooooo not worth it. Use a cotton ball with ANY other makeup remover and you'd get your makeup off a lot quicker with no friction, rubbing or damage to your skin. I do think these have one good use. If I have any residue from makeup removers left on my face, I could use one of these wipes to remove the residue- but considering I always follow up with a good face wash anyway, I'm not about to add another step to my routine. These are good for wiping your face after the gym, but since I always need moisturizer, I wouldn't use these alone. My husband likes to use these because he likes his skin to be as dry as possible, so he uses these during the day to remove his oilies and touch up his face.

I can see how these are good for cleaning makeup-free skin, but this did not remove my mineral makeup at all. This seems VERY odd to me since Everyday Minerals is....a MINERAL makeup company. I don't get why they'd make a wipe that doesn't remove their product, but.....whatever....

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love EM and was excited to try this product since they say its organic and gentle.But as soon as i pressed it against my face, it was so rough! When i was done cleaning my face with it, my face was bright pink and it burned. I even woke up to find small pimples on my cheeks the next morning. As another reviewer said below, I am now using these wipes to clean off any makeup spilled on my counter.

Definitely is not good enough if you are solely relying on this for removing makeup. Especially if you use waterproof makeup. But they are so dirt cheap that they are good for a quick refresher, or a mini makeup removal. Like if im going out after work, and my foundation looks crappy, I just wipe it off with this and redo it real quick. I dont have to redo my eye makeup! Also good for if you are using pigments, or mineral eye makeup and you get dusting under your eyes. I always use this after applying eye makeup just to clean away any smudges of eyeliner or mascara or whatever! The price definitely makes it worthwhile because you dont have to feel bad and skimp to use every inch of the sheet. I say get them if you need a "filler item" to bump you up to those promotions Everyday Minerals always has.

on 3/27/2008 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

Did not remove mu as compared to other mu wipes out there. Poor quality. Ended up using them for spills in my car... :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was dying to try these. They're very reasonably priced at 80 wipes for $3.75. The all natural ingredients thing was nice too. I have not had any adverse reaction on my skin from these at all-- huge plus. So why the 3 out of 5 rating? Well,

The packaging is awful. You can't get just one wipe out of the pack. You end up pulling 2 or more out unless you kinda claw it out. Annoying. It would also be nice if it was a bit more easily resealable since this is an item that dries out eventually. If they were in a tiny tub or even a ziplock that'd be nifty.

The biggest complaint: They just simply don't work that great. They are really nice if you're someone who washes in the evening and just wants a quick clean the next morning, and they're ace at removing lipstick...but they are lame at removing eye makeup. I use UDPP and waterproof mascara and if I want to get it off with one of these wipes I have to scrub so hard I lose lashes and pull at the tender eye area. Not ok.

I will use these up but not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using these for about 2 weeks now and I'm really happy with them. I find that they are perfect for mornings or as a refresher after hitting the gym. They're not great for removing eye make up, so if you're looking for something that will do that, these probably won't work out very well for you. I really like the light, slightly herbal fragrance and the fact that they leave my skin feeling really clean, but not stripped. Face wipes I've used in the past have all either left my skin feeling filmy and not quite clean or have completely stripped my face and left it raw. These are just perfect.
The only thing I'm not happy with is the packaging- it ripped open in two different places within 2 days of when I received it. I just transferred the wipes to a ziploc baggie and it's been fine, but the company should probably use a little sturdier plastic for the packaging.
These are super handy for travel and I'll definitely be repurchasing.