Everyday Minerals Cosmetic Wet Wipes

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I know I have been raving about Everyday Minerals' products lately... but this product is absolutely amazing!! Us oily-skinned gals would be hard-pressed to find a 'cosmetic wipe' that doesn't break you out, contain nasty chemicals and/or fragrances, or leave nasty film on your skin. I love toting these for use before/after the gym to keep my skin clear, but many brands (like Boots, for example) contain harmful parabens and leave a film behind, making it feel like it did more harm than good! Well, girls, I think I've found the perfect wipe! For $3.50, you get 80 large towelettes (baby-wipe sized, not the wimpy 'cosmetic wipe' size), and get this... the ingredients are all-natural and organic, and they smell amazing, despite the fact that they don't contain a trace of synthetic fragrance. A few swipes with this and you are left with clean, makeup-free skin... it wipes every trace of oil, makeup, and dirt away... I really think this could possibly replace a traditional cleanser! Honestly, you would be crazy not to give these a try. One of the best beauty bargains I think I have ever found!

**My only gripe, and a note to fellow ingredient hounds.... While phenoxyethanol is an organic compound that prevents bacteria from forming, it is toxic and is classified as an irritant, however, it is used in many cosmetics.... considering this is low on the list of ingredients, I would think many people could use this product without experiencing irritation. Just follow with a few pats of moisturizer to keep skin from getting too dry.**

Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera, Lavender Hydrosol, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil, Extracts of Green Tea, Chamomile Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Citric Acid. continued >>

on 2/14/2008 4:54:00 PM

I am a huge EM fan and was dying to try this. I have never used wipes before, but since it sounded easy and they cost almost nothing I decided to give them a try.
I thought they were suppose to remove makeup so I got really disappointed at first. I used alot of time and scrubbing and just ended up with soar skin with some makeup still left on.
Since I really wanted to love this I tried using this in mornings but unfortunately it made my skin supersoar and made me break put like crazy. Will give these to a friend. Huge disappointment !

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love EDM products, and I was excited to try these wipes...until I actually received them and was nto really impressed. This product barely performs. Sure, it takes off makeup on your forehead, cheeks, chin etc (with a lot of rubbing)....but any wet wipe you use would do the same thing. A generic baby wipe could do a better job at removing makeup than these wipes. And if you want to use these to remove eye makeup, forget it. All it does it smear your makeup around and you have to scrub so hard to even attempt to get any mascara or eyeliner off that you could actually damage your skin with repeated use. Trust me- the effort it takes to use these wipes to remove eye makeup is soooooo not worth it. Use a cotton ball with ANY other makeup remover and you'd get your makeup off a lot quicker with no friction, rubbing or damage to your skin. I do think these have one good use. If I have any residue from makeup removers left on my face, I could use one of these wipes to remove the residue- but considering I always follow up with a good face wash anyway, I'm not about to add another step to my routine. These are good for wiping your face after the gym, but since I always need moisturizer, I wouldn't use these alone. My husband likes to use these because he likes his skin to be as dry as possible, so he uses these during the day to remove his oilies and touch up his face.

I can see how these are good for cleaning makeup-free skin, but this did not remove my mineral makeup at all. This seems VERY odd to me since Everyday Minerals is....a MINERAL makeup company. I don't get why they'd make a wipe that doesn't remove their product, but.....whatever....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using these for about 2 weeks now and I'm really happy with them. I find that they are perfect for mornings or as a refresher after hitting the gym. They're not great for removing eye make up, so if you're looking for something that will do that, these probably won't work out very well for you. I really like the light, slightly herbal fragrance and the fact that they leave my skin feeling really clean, but not stripped. Face wipes I've used in the past have all either left my skin feeling filmy and not quite clean or have completely stripped my face and left it raw. These are just perfect.
The only thing I'm not happy with is the packaging- it ripped open in two different places within 2 days of when I received it. I just transferred the wipes to a ziploc baggie and it's been fine, but the company should probably use a little sturdier plastic for the packaging.
These are super handy for travel and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love these cosmetic wipes! I usually use it in the morning when I don't have time to clip my hair back, wash my face and then dry my face. I don't know if it's because I don't have sensitive skin or if these wipes actually are soft, but I find its soft and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I love that it's biodegradable and vegan. My skin hasn't had any reactions to it so far. Would I buy again? YES!

on 1/21/2009 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing!!!! I have been using them for about six months and I cannot live without them. I love the fact that they are all natural with no crazy ingedients. The smell is just as wonderful. They take my EDM makeup off just like any other brand would. I like to use a different product to take my eye makeup off so even if they don't work that well on the eyes... I really don't care lol. I heard they were discontinued but i shot them an email and now they are back up! Yay! So i decided to stock up! I highly recommend this product!

on 12/17/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't know why these aren't getting a better review. They removed almost all of my EM makeup ( I would NEVER expect them to get it all off). Of course they aren't going to remove eye makeup, as they are not harsh. They are wonderful as a refresher and a pre cleanse. Great to use before or after gym, all natural and very cheap. I will buy again.

I received this product a few days ago, and as of now, it's nice. It doesn't remove makeup as well as Pond's, but I can just tell that it is much healthier for my skin. Sometimes I use two if I'm wearing lots of makeup, but usually I just use one and then wash my face. I absolutely love the smell-- never thought I'd be into the organic herbal thing, but I'm trying to be healthier. It smells like wetnaps gone.. earthy. I can pronounce everything on the ingredient list, and that's most important-- along with it (so far) not breaking me out. It's pretty cheap too, $3.75 for 80... although if it's the only thing you're getting from EM, it will cost upwards of $10 with shipping =/

EDIT: I added a star to make this a 5-star product, which I don't usually do. They are just perfect. They leave my skin so soft and moisturized and the fact that its all natural, organic, and biodegradble is just wonderful. I can't wait to get home at night so I can use these to refresh my face. I HATE my face being dirty (even the smallest amt of oily) and i was frequently washing it multiple times a day. With this, multiple times a day most liekly won't irritate normal skin It's so perfect and the smell is just lovely, herby, and organic!

on 6/5/2008 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly don't understand why people are having trouble with these....To me they are absolutely perfect....they are not rough at all (as long as you don't rub super hard, just like anything else you use on your face!) they smell great, they take off all my EM makeup minus my other brand eyeliner/mascara. I always use nuetrogena's eye makeup remover before then take off the rest of my makeup and clean up my eye area with these wonderful wipes. yes the packaging isn't the greatest since the sticky closure often wears off, but for the price I just simply put it in a ziploc baggie, after that it is just perfect!...Try Them!!!!!