Everyday Minerals Cosmetic Wet Wipes

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I know I have been raving about Everyday Minerals' products lately... but this product is absolutely amazing!! Us oily-skinned gals would be hard-pressed to find a 'cosmetic wipe' that doesn't break you out, contain nasty chemicals and/or fragrances, or leave nasty film on your skin. I love toting these for use before/after the gym to keep my skin clear, but many brands (like Boots, for example) contain harmful parabens and leave a film behind, making it feel like it did more harm than good! Well, girls, I think I've found the perfect wipe! For $3.50, you get 80 large towelettes (baby-wipe sized, not the wimpy 'cosmetic wipe' size), and get this... the ingredients are all-natural and organic, and they smell amazing, despite the fact that they don't contain a trace of synthetic fragrance. A few swipes with this and you are left with clean, makeup-free skin... it wipes every trace of oil, makeup, and dirt away... I really think this could possibly replace a traditional cleanser! Honestly, you would be crazy not to give these a try. One of the best beauty bargains I think I have ever found!

**My only gripe, and a note to fellow ingredient hounds.... While phenoxyethanol is an organic compound that prevents bacteria from forming, it is toxic and is classified as an irritant, however, it is used in many cosmetics.... considering this is low on the list of ingredients, I would think many people could use this product without experiencing irritation. Just follow with a few pats of moisturizer to keep skin from getting too dry.**

Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera, Lavender Hydrosol, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil, Extracts of Green Tea, Chamomile Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Citric Acid. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love EDM products, and I was excited to try these wipes...until I actually received them and was nto really impressed. This product barely performs. Sure, it takes off makeup on your forehead, cheeks, chin etc (with a lot of rubbing)....but any wet wipe you use would do the same thing. A generic baby wipe could do a better job at removing makeup than these wipes. And if you want to use these to remove eye makeup, forget it. All it does it smear your makeup around and you have to scrub so hard to even attempt to get any mascara or eyeliner off that you could actually damage your skin with repeated use. Trust me- the effort it takes to use these wipes to remove eye makeup is soooooo not worth it. Use a cotton ball with ANY other makeup remover and you'd get your makeup off a lot quicker with no friction, rubbing or damage to your skin. I do think these have one good use. If I have any residue from makeup removers left on my face, I could use one of these wipes to remove the residue- but considering I always follow up with a good face wash anyway, I'm not about to add another step to my routine. These are good for wiping your face after the gym, but since I always need moisturizer, I wouldn't use these alone. My husband likes to use these because he likes his skin to be as dry as possible, so he uses these during the day to remove his oilies and touch up his face.

on 1/8/2008 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought these because I needed a makeup remover. I was attracted to the packaging, and they were cheap; so i bought them. When I got them I was really happy about the packaging. There is a smell, but it didn't bother me. It reminded me of baby wipes. It took off my foundation, conclear, and powder, but not so well on the eyeliner. It removed like 94% of my eyeliner. Plus it removed most of the oil from my face and actually made my face matte the whole day... ._. which i like. Overall I'd buy them again. I like the price, packaging, and smell, so yea. :)

on 1/12/2008 3:20:00 PM

I really, really like how EM has tried to provide high-quality organic skincare at reasonable prices! These wipes aren't perfect, but they are a good start in the right direction. You get 80 in a resealable package for $3.75, which is a super value! The smell is my favorite part, it is clean and refreshing without being perfume-y. I think that it takes face makeup off very well, without leaving any sort of film behind and without being irritating to my sensitive skin. My only issues with these wipes are that 1) they really don't remove eye makeup that well-- yesterday I only had on EM eyeshadow + primer, and it left remnants behind, and 2) the wipes are not the softest texture I've found (Ponds, Neutrogena, and Boots wipes all beat EM here). Yet, I will continue to repurchase these, and use them on days when I have less makeup on and/or just want to freshen up! Give these a try!

on 1/13/2008 6:21:00 PM

I love Everyday Minerals' mineral makeup, but in my opinion skincare may not be the right direction for this brand. I wanted to try cosmetic wipes to easily wash off makeup and sunscreen and sweat after working out, but as a previous reviewer noted, these just smear around your eye makeup. And what really surprised me was that these gave my skin a burning sensation, and I do not have sensitive skin. I am by no means an ingredients expert, but there must be something harsh in these. I was hoping they would help me be lazy when I don't feel like going through my usual oil precleanse and cleanser routine, but I won't be using them much.

on 1/15/2008 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a while now my night time routine has involved using a cleansing wipe to remove my makeup and to cleanse my face. Usually I just pickup whatever is cheapest at the drugstore (Ponds, Olay, Kroger, Equate, whatever!) so I am not picky about this particular product. I was very suprised to see this new product on the EM site. 80 wipes for under $4 seemed too good to be true! I thought the wipes must be super tiny or something. But lo and behold, when they arrived in the mail I was first surpised with how big the package was! It looks much smaller on the website. The wipes themselves work great. They remove my makeup with ease and feel nice and refreshing on my skin. The scent is nice too. Like several other EM "accessory" products, the quality may not be up to par with other options out there, but for the price I find it very much worth it. Especially with this product! Even drugstore brand MU wipes run about $5 for 30 wipes. The wipes do not lather up like the other wipes out there, and the cloths themselves are much thinner. But the job gets done - which is what I like about many of EM's products. I will definitely buy again because you get a very good product at an incredible price.

on 2/9/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 1 ($3.75/80 wipes!)

Packaging: 2

Buy again:

I don't normally use wipes, but I wanted something to remove makeup and freshen up without having to go to the sink. I've used quite a few of EM products in the past, so when these came out I wanted to try them out. First, they are loaded with all natural ingredients, which I love! They are moist and large enough to get the job done (they're about the size of a piece of kleenex). The price is absolutely phenomenal too-- I am acne prone as well, and this stuff is actually helping my skin because of the lavender oil and grapefruit extracts.

This doesn't leave any greasy residue, or dry my skin out. They're great for on the go or if you just want a "pick me up" in the middle of day.

My one complaint is the package; it comes in the standard wet-wipes plastic bag thing with a sticker seal. My sticker doesn't seem to stick very well, and I'm worried about the wipes drying out before I can use them all. A better sealing mechanism would be awesome! (i.e. you can keep the same plastic bag packaging, just make the opening a plastic piece or something to make it airtight). I keep mine in a dark drawer out of direct light, just to make sure the solvents don't evaporate as quickly. continued >>

on 2/14/2008 4:54:00 PM

I am a huge EM fan and was dying to try this. I have never used wipes before, but since it sounded easy and they cost almost nothing I decided to give them a try.
I thought they were suppose to remove makeup so I got really disappointed at first. I used alot of time and scrubbing and just ended up with soar skin with some makeup still left on.
Since I really wanted to love this I tried using this in mornings but unfortunately it made my skin supersoar and made me break put like crazy. Will give these to a friend. Huge disappointment !

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was dying to try these. They're very reasonably priced at 80 wipes for $3.75. The all natural ingredients thing was nice too. I have not had any adverse reaction on my skin from these at all-- huge plus. So why the 3 out of 5 rating? Well,

The packaging is awful. You can't get just one wipe out of the pack. You end up pulling 2 or more out unless you kinda claw it out. Annoying. It would also be nice if it was a bit more easily resealable since this is an item that dries out eventually. If they were in a tiny tub or even a ziplock that'd be nifty.

The biggest complaint: They just simply don't work that great. They are really nice if you're someone who washes in the evening and just wants a quick clean the next morning, and they're ace at removing lipstick...but they are lame at removing eye makeup. I use UDPP and waterproof mascara and if I want to get it off with one of these wipes I have to scrub so hard I lose lashes and pull at the tender eye area. Not ok.

I will use these up but not repurchase.

on 3/27/2008 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

Did not remove mu as compared to other mu wipes out there. Poor quality. Ended up using them for spills in my car... :/