Simple Soothing Skin Toner

Simple Soothing Skin Toner

Aqua, Sorbitol, Witch Hazel, Panthenol, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Allantoin,Sodium PCA, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Propylene Glycol, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Methylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This gave me a horrible reaction, lots of tiny, itchy red bumps, dry patches and generally sore, uncomfortable skin. Please patch test before use, if you have sensitive skin!

A great accompanying step from the Simple skin care line.
Removes any residual cleanser and tones the skin in preparation for moisturizing.
Comfortable and gentle to your complexion but also effective in establishing balance where sensitive individuals needn't worry in the slightest about irritation.

To Read all 203 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/13/2016 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Back again with another Simple product review. Can't you tell I like the brand so far? Lol.

Anyway, I've never been a toner kind of gal, and to be honest, I still don't get the hype. But I'm a 20 year old who still gets caught up in media and adds and I fell for the toner hype. I used Nivea toners in the past that BROKE ME OUT SO BADLY. Especially the line for SENSITIVE SKIN, like the pink line (because they colour coded the lines for each skin type which is quite nice for Nivea to do, might I add).

So I bought a pack of three Simple products at Walmart for $12.00, which contained the moisture face wash, the replenishing rich moisturizer and the toner. I still don't get toners, though. Are they supposed to shrink pores or something? Because I don't really notice that, however my skin enjoys this stuff and likes it so I don't want to make my skin angry again. But it's not bad, I'm just glad I don't break out from it because it's hard to find good skincare, especially at the drugstore.

on 4/20/2016 10:33:00 AM

This is a meh toner. It doesn't help my skin out in any way. In comparison to my witch hazel, it removes even less residue. Toner is meant to help you clean what is left and to help you absorb moisturizer better, but I don't think it helped much. It is currently just sitting in my bathroom, but I might use it to prep my face before waxing or to clean out my belly button, since it is extremely gentle.

on 4/14/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This toner is pretty basic. Feels nice on the skin, but I don't think it particularly did anything to help my skin out. Still broke out, still had clogged pores. For me, this was completely average. Really cheap, which is a huge plus. Maybe this works for someone who already has pretty good skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Urgh I don't know what it is about Simple products but for some reason they just break me out!
Simple makes products that are hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin, but I guess it's just not for me :(
I do like how it just feels like water as it really light weight, has no fragrance and absorbs into my skin really quickly.
Just a shame it broke me out all over my face :(

on 4/10/2016 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a bottle of this and am almost done with it thankfully. I have oily/dry combo skin that can sometimes be sensitive & act up so I though this would be great to use but nope!! This stuff is usless like I'm putting water on my face lol II've noticed no benefits from using this & if anything I've noticed more breakouts. This will never be a repurchase for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have super oily skin and mild cystic acne and this gentle toner has been great on my skin. I've tried toners before but the alcohol in them made my skin dry and itchy so I just didn't use toner for a long time. When I found this simple toner I decided to try it because it's alcohol free and it has reduced my oil and acne significantly. I still have to blot my face half why through the day but it doesn't look like I rub butter all over my face anymore. My skin feels softer and my acne seems to be healing faster. There's no pungent smell and it doesn't dry my skin out at all. I love this stuff!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this! :( It felt really nice and soothing, but then I noticed that there were always little bumps appearing after every use. My sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin didn't like this toner.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was recommended by an acquaintance to try out this product because it claims to be for sensitive skin and thus I hope it doesn't break me out.
The first month of usage was great. It cleared my skin. However, problems started arising after the first month, when I started having breakouts and even cystic acnes on my temples, which was weird because I've NEVER had any problems with that area.
Because the first month of usage was great for me, I didn't suspect the toner as the 'mastermind' behind my breakouts. It was until I took a break from this toner and started using another toner (it's Dr G Super Aquasis Toner if anyone's curious) that I realise that my face stopped breaking out. Still, I didn't suspect the Simple Toner at all.
Only when I went back to using this toner, that I started breaking out like crazy. Cystic acnes, acnes...you name it, I have it. I'm suspecting the witch hazel extract in this toner, but in any case, I'm just going to stop using this. What a disappointment :(