Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder

Rimmel Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder

3.2

Talc, Magnesium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Myristate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl, Ionone, Sapphire Powder. [May Contain/, Peut Contenir/+/-: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica].

This powder was what I was hoping would be a good replacement for my HG powder which was recently discontinued. I have this in Translucent and while it's not an awful powder by any means, it's not very finely milled compared to my other one, doesn't set my foundation that well and doesn't have great staying power. The packaging is also cheap. I gave it a 3 because it didn't break me out at all and again, wasn't bad. Just no wow factor.

Love this powder! I bought the translucent one and it works so well. Doesn't cling to my dry patches at all. I use it after I have done my foundation/concealer and then again touch it up every 4 or so hours as needed.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/21/2015 4:54:00 AM

This works pretty well for the price. I use it to set my concealer, under the eyes, nose, chin. I hate using powders generally because I find they always look cakey or cling to dry patches no matter how lightly I apply them. This powder was actually pretty good. It's quite light (I'm nc35) so I strictly use it on undereye and highlight areas. It leaves my skin silky smooth and matte without being too matte.I love the way it looks initially and it stays perfect on me for 3 hours, then it starts to cling to whatever dry patches I have, especially under the eyes. For the price I think it's a good buy, but I'm still on the lookout for a better powder.

Not the best powder. Still on the look out for a powder that will be my HG. It's cheap which is good. It does make my skin matte. But only has very short staying power for me. Won't be buying again sadly.

on 6/19/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

After using a really cheap pressed translucent powder from Collection 2000 which made me break out in spots and made my face really itchy, I gave this powder a go and I like it. The transparent shade is really quite light for me (I have a medium East Asian skintone), so, I have to use only just a tiny bit whenever I'm topping up.

I have oily skin on my t-zone and dry skin elsewhere but the powder doesn't dry my skin out nor does it really control oiliness. I need to reapply a layer of powder every couple of hours. Over than that, this product is okay as the spots I got from using Collection 2000 powder have actually gone away after using this for a couple of days.

I was using Rimmels Stay Matte powder previous to this powder, which was my HG powder as a teen as my skin would get so so so oily!

Ive started to notice now that I'm coming out of my teenage years that my skin actually rarely gets oily, if at all, so I decided to try out a different powder!

I stuck with Rimmel as I find their products are always great quality and really reasonably priced also!

I picked up their Clear Complexion powder and I have to say I'm really enjoying using it! I'm not so sure about the 'clear complexion' part, but to be honest I didn't buy this powder because it said 'clear complexion' I brought it because it looked like a nice, light, sheer powder and the colour was close to my skin colour!

It does mattify my skin but not as obviously as the 'Stay Matte' powder and I also feel this powder is a lot lighter in consistency and the coverage is minimal!

This is exactly what I was looking for in a powder, something to slightly mattify but really just to set my foundation with and I feel like this does the job well.

The only downside is the packaging, god forbid you drop this powder, the plastic lid will almost certainly crack, along with the powder in it which means your powder will spill everywhere which is so fustrating! I much prefer powders with flip and clip lids but I know this type of plastic casing is common in drugstore powders!

on 12/21/2014 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

The best powder I have ever tried. I used to think the best makeup was the pricey stuff. I've tried clarins, clinique and Chanel powders and none can compare to this one. It's 3.99 in the uk. Lasts for ages and keeps me matte. Only have to touch up once. Makes my skin feel velvety smooth and really makes me look and feel matte. Gives the most perfect finish to my makeup. I use over bare minerals which is lovely stuff but can leave me slightly oily without powder. Give this a go it really works!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really didn't like it, did not offer finish for up to five hours. My face was left greasy and obvious I was wearing powder as it left a white chalky cast off.

Pros

Cheapish

Cons

Packaging
Castoff

on 10/17/2014 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have bought this product three times because it works very well for me. I think it's stands strong to it's 5 hour promise and on a good day I would say it works significantly longer, this is particularly impressive for myself because I have fairly oily skin and it stays matte for the promised 5 hours (though you would obviously need a top up after sports!) and it also provides some coverage. I really didn't like the packaging because the plastic lid is extremely brittle and the second time I bought it, it was because the lid shattered on my first one. Other than the packaging I think this is a brilliant product, especially for the amazing price!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you are looking for a translucent powder to set your foundation...this will be perfect for you.
I use this powder daily to set my MAC Studio Fix Foundation...and it works brilliantly.

As Studio Fix Foundation provides high coverage, I feel I do not need to add to the coverage, but I do need to set my foundation as I have skin that's on the oily side.

At 3.99 GBP, this is a great addition to the make up bag, rather than forking out for a 'high end' translucent powder which could set you back 15 GBP.