Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

3.3

Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d?orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090). July 2015 reformulation:Water, Squalane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Cucumis Sativus(Cucumber)Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare(Barley)Extract, Sucrose Stearate, Sea Whip Extract, Cholesterol, Helianthus Annuus(Sunflower)Seedcake, Acetyl Glucosamine, Lactobacillus Ferment, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Caffeine, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Yellow 5, Green 5 ,Blue 1.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser does not foam up & requires a large amount to cleanse your skin because it absorbs into your skin while applying, almost like a moisturizer & is therefore hard to spread around on your face. It does not leave your face feeling Clean but rather more moisturized. Not ideal for make up removal. But food for dry skin not requiring makeup removal. Or good to use after you have removed all your makeup already & exfoliated. It burns your eyes so avoid getting it into your eye area. Comes in a tube with a screw top that is easy to misplace, would rather have a flip open top.

I like this cleanser! In fact, its the only redness relief product from Clinique that I do like. The texture is gel-cream and feels nice on the skin. I don't have any irritation or tightness with it...which I do get with many other cleansers. I read reports that it doesn't work well as a MU remover. Not true. I wear concealer, powder foundation, BB gel liner, and mascara. ALL came off beautifully. It didn't irritate around my eyes. If you use longer foundation, then maybe you need a heavier remover, but this works just fine. Recommend.

Very gentle and soothing when air is dry outside. Fair at removing makeup but not as good as Eucerin redness relief face wash. I alternate with both depending on how dry the climate air is. I reach for Eucerin more often after work out since is a better cleanser but Clinique is more soothing when my skin is rosacea red

Since I have sensitive (reactive: I flush with too much salt, spicy foods, too much heat,hormonal fluctuations.) skin,a fair to light (depending on the time of the year) skin tone and can't use lathering cleansers (and I have tried them all. Even the ones that say gentle, dry out my complexion.), I thought I would give this a try.
I was at the Clinique counter and rarely,if ever, do I consult the SA because I like to make decisions on my own. I do enjoy feedback,as all of us do,but the decision rests with the person using the product.
I must also mention that products with a lot of oils don't work for me either.
This is a great cream type cleanser that cleanses well without drying or irritation. Your face will feel comfortable and refreshed. The smell is gentle and herbal. The only drawback is it is almost 30.00 but it is worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best (and only) cleanser I can use. Does the job, calms redness and leaves my skin very, very smooth. Love the whole redness range.

This stuff saved my skin. Literally. I was diagnosed with rosacea several months ago. My dermatologist prescribed antibiotics and topical cream. After three months, I decided to wean myself off meds. After trying over ten cleansers, including Cetaphil, I had decided I'd never be able to go off the prescriptions the doctor had recommended. I was shopping at Macy's and walked by the Clinique counter. The SA told me about the Redness Solutions products. She said her customers that tried them typically came back and gave her a big hug because they worked so well. I purchased the cleanser, the redness solutions cream and the green toned primer. Within a day, my skin was healed. My rash from the rosacea was completely gone! After seven months, my skin is transformed! No more redness! My face is smooth, calm, and clear. I can't thank Clinique enough! I hope they never discontinue the Redness Solutions line!

I purchased this as I wanted a luxurious cleanser and the anti-redness
claim was a bonus. But I found this cleanser to be quite drying which was
disappointing and the tone of my skin didn't improve at all, I used this in
conjunction with the Even Better skintone correcting moisturiser but did
not see results

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE. I have rosacea and very fair, very sensitive, dry combination skin. I got the cleanser as part of the three product Redness Solutions Redness Regimen which includes the Soothing Cleanser 75 ml, Daily Relief Cream 30ml, and Daily Protective Base SPF 15 15ml. I also bought the Redness Solutions Foundation in Calming Alabaster and have been using all of the products daily. I love the results although I can't say which particular product has done the most work. My redness has been greatly improved, my skin hasn't looked this good since I was a kid. The cleanser removes makeup well and leaves my face supple. It's very rich and moisturizing, probably wouldn't work well for oilier skin types.

My skin is red only in the winter, and only after taking a shower. My favorite cleanser is La Roche-Posay Toleriane, which is perfect for me, but because of the redness issues I thought I'd try this one as well. It has a cream consistency, has no foam, which is nice, but the screw top is inconvenient in the shower, where I use it.

Considering the redness I experienced absolutely no change at all. I didn't get any irritation either, but I have to admit, that I use my tube only once in a while, so I can't comment on the long-term effects.

The biggest problem with this cleanser is that it does not cleanse at all. I think it's impossible to remove any make-up with it, and I'm not sure it even removes the dirt of the day. It leaves a film on your skin, as if you tried to use a moisturizer or a cream cleanser for cleaning your face. In spite of that, it doesn't give more moisture than an average cleanser that needs to be washed down.

Why the 4 lippies? Because it's still a soothing, mild product which is hard to find.

I really love this product because it does help me control the redness from my moderate rosacea to an extent. It doesn't fully get rid of the redness, but it does make it more manageable and easier to cover with less makeup. I did take off one star because it can be drying to the skin sometimes and I wouldn't recommend using it unless you also use moisturizer.