Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

3.9

Ingredients: aqua, ethylhexyl palmitate, talc, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel extract) water, propylene glycol, glycerin, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, aluminium hydroxide, butylene glycol, alcohol, phenoxyethanol, tribehenin, silica dimethyl silyate, methylparaben, disteardimonium hectorite, propylparaben, fragrance, BHT, laminaria digitata extract, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, citric acid, sodium hyaluronate, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, denatonium benzoate, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 8/3/2016 4:30:00 PM

I used to buy this product when it was in solid form like the Chanel bronzer "Soleil Tan" back in 2006-ish. I still wonder why they changed the formula to liquid, but while it's a totally new product compared to the old one, I love the fact that I can use it to lighten up my different foundations by adding a drop or two, or use it as a base to brighten up my make up. This is my 2nd repurchase of this product (3rd if you count the old solid version) and I keep coming back to it cuz it's so versatile.

on 7/15/2016 12:16:00 AM

I have been using this for years! But I don't use it all over my face. Only a small dot on each cheekbone then around the cheeks and under the eyes. This puts a slight illumination right where I want it.

It does not do a lot but I really like what it does. Lasts a long time.

To Read all 114 Reviews, Login or Join

I'm not sure what this product is supposed to do, but I like it. It is definitely not a primer in the sense that it doesn't make your makeup last longer, nor does it camouflage pores. It isn't exactly a moisturizer, but for me I guess that is the closest thing I can describe it as. In my mind, this is Chanel's version of Strobe cream by mac.

The product is quite a thick cream and sits a bit heavily on the skin, and yes, it gives a nice amount of shine. A gleam, not shimmer. Somewhat similar to how some sunscreens look: slightly oily and leaves a slight white cast. All of these things sound terrible, but I really like the product. The smell is lovely, and maybe it is a placebo effect, but it feels luxurious going on. I do try to leave it on for at least 5 to 10 minutes before putting on my foundation.

I can't pinpoint exactly what it does if anything at all, but I would definitely repurchase even though it is expensive because it lasts a long time since you shouldn't use much, the experience of applying is wonderful (especially on the neck!) and I think it has a slight psychological effect on me the rest of the day because I feel enveloped in luxury which helps me set a lavish mood.

on 2/12/2016 7:54:00 AM

The smell of this product is beautiful and it makes my skin smell amazing.

I love the luminosity and the way it applies.

Here's for the cons... It makes your foundation paler and look a little strange. You have to use a foundation that is a tad too dark for you with this. Another thing to note is it definitely sits on the skin rather than absorbs.

I do love the smell and would use it for my vitalumiere which is too dark, but other than that I don't wear it under foundations because I look too pale and it doesn't moisturise or make makeup last

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

A luxurious purchase. Love the pump that came with it, disperse out small amount, not too much as you only need little. Used it with with Chanel Perfection Velvet foundation, result is nice, natural glow. Will re-purchase for the luxury feel.

Asian
NC20-25
Chanl B20 Claire
GA LAsting Silk 4.5
Dirosnow Foundation 020

I don't consider this to be a primer in the traditional sense of the word. It does not control sebum, blur your pores or extend the wear of your foundation, nor is it marketed as such. The Chanel MAs use it as a complexion enhancer. It gives your skin a subtle chic glow (Chanel's trademark; see VA, Les Beiges, Joue Contraste blushes) which is the foundation upon which you can build your look. It can be used either as a semi-moisturizing layer before your foundation or TM (hence the comparison with a primer by many) or as a highlighter either mixed with your foundation/TM or separately after your foundation/TM on the high points of your face. Whichever method you choose is determined by the condition of your skin and the product you're mixing it with. Always ask for a sample so you can try this out in a few different ways prior to purchase. The stuff is expensive enough to warrant that!
My preferred method has always been layering. Thin, thin layers and very well blended.
I have dry cheeks, so I use a moisturizer first and let it sink in. Then a very thin layer (half pump) of Le Blanc, spread out with my fingers. Please note that I'm a NC40 and I can see a very slight white cast on my skin, which transforms into a subtle glow. If you are darker than I am, ask for a sample and check the effect on your skin! I then proceed with my foundation (currently VA Aqua b40) and concealer. Again, try with a sample first if this works with your preferred foundation, because it may very well be that you love Le Blanc and you love your foundation, but they don't play well together. On a non-makeup day, I use this without foundation but with concealer under my eyes and around my nose, plus tiny bit of blush and mascara, no powder.
I have also used excess product as a subtle highlighter. The keyword here is subtle. I feel this is often interpreted as "I can't really see it with my naked eye so it must not be working". If you're looking for a more promounced effect, use a traditional highlighter. If you're looking for moisturization, use a good moisturizer. Etc etc. Can you do without it? Of course! But if it works for you, I dare you to go without it. I for sure will have this in my kit for as long as Chanel offers it.

on 1/9/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE!
I am very late with using primer, I never saw a benefit from using it.
The Chanel one gives me smooth and bright skin, never breakouts. It is a guaranty for an good looking skin day. I need to be very carefull for choosing foundation and primer, because with the wrong one I am prone to get breakouts on my normal skin.
After loving the effect of a primer, I bought Kanebo Sensai and Sunday Riley but I need to say, nothing beats Chanel for me.
The pump bottel is good but you can not get the last drops out, you need to take the pump away to get everything out of the bottle.

Best highlighter ever!
This product is absolutely amazing! It's the only highlighter I have ever found that makes me look luminous and not glittery. This also works really well mixed into foundation for an all over glow. Friends of mine who have used this product have complained that their skin doesn't feel moisturised after applying this. This is NOT a moisturiser, it's a highlighter, and a bloody good one. It's lasted me over a year and I use it everyday on the top of my cheek bones, so it's well worth the money. I think this would be fine for any skin type. If your'e oily, don't use it all over maybe. It also smells really nice which is a bonus :)

on 1/2/2015 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

TERRIBLE for dry skin. Maybe it would be ok for other types of skin (which is why I gave it a 3 instead of 1!) Anyways, it makes dry skin drier which makes fine lines more apparent and skin look worse. Also, it doesn't soak in at all.

I had to return it much to the dismay of the SA. It sucks having to return stuff, but $50 for something that made my skin look drier and older and just kinda sat on top without sinking in as other reviewers have all noted.... From far away it looks maybe brighter maybe dewy, but close up dull dry and wrinkly... My burberry sheer illuminating liquid base in the lighter color makes me dewy without this weird drying effect. Too bad. I bought it bc a youtube vid, so I can see how maybe from afar I liked the effect...it's just the up close dry effect that kills it.

This also broke me out.