3.9

price range

Reviews

3.0

14 days ago

Great concept, this gives you a glow without any shimmer or sheen. However, the ingredients and the fragrance broke me out. I will not repurchase

About reviewer (887 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

9 months ago

Having in mind that I have oily skin and always to matify it more and more, I am running away from everything related to foundation, primer and face cream that says illuminating.I really wanted to try this primer. There was something that I was curious about and made me give it a try. I love it! It promises to even the skin and cover the pores and it does it. Another good thing is that the primer contains witch hazel and licorice extract. which is very good for oily skin for the following reasons: Witch Hazel: It tightens pores and indirectly removes excess oil, dirt and bacteria. Licorice extract: It is claimed to help diminish the appearance of dark under-eye circles, discoloration and age spots. The extract also has powerful antioxidants that help protect the skin from environmental stressors, helps balance oil. I like to use a duo-fiber foundation brush when I apply it on my nose, cheeks and forehead as it really make my pores disappear and I really need a tiny amount to cover my face. Given the fact that the product is pricey, that is a big plus as well. The only thing that I don't like is that it does not matify my skin for a long time. Depending on the weather it gets oily quickly and I need to blot and apply powder a bit more often than usual, but this does not bother me much, since my face looks a bit more glowy but not nasty greasy.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I renewed my friendship with my old pal Le Blanc De Chanel, why did we ever break up is beyond me. I am in my early 60's and I mix this with a very small amount of my La Prairie Caviar foundation in Warm Linen(in MAC-speak I am an NC 23ish)the linen works well with my very yellow skin tone, however, I truly feel that ANY decent foundation would be enhanced by using this base. I often use a judicious amount on my face and a little bit of my Sisley concealer and no foundation surprisingly my complexion looks even better, in fact, I almost glow in the dark. I have really pulled away from using foundation since reintroducing Le Blanc into my regime. Edit: 10/07/1019- I am now using this in lieu of foundation, it seems the older I get the worse foundation looks on me...ANY foundation. I am still using concealer, in fact, two-three different ones and I now regularly use Le Blanc. A little goes a long way, the bottle has a pump and all it takes is about a third of a pump for the whole face. Start sparingly and go from there.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

This is elegance in the shape of primer! Not too much highlight just enough... not too much silicone just enough... not too much dewy or matte... just enough. Chanel knows about elegance. Have been using it since the late 80’s in all it’s successive versions.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

3 years ago

I was hesitant about this one. There were mixed reviews but I am SO glad I got this! My pores disappear, the eye shadows vanish and my skin looks amazing. I put this on under my eyes and over face, looked in mirror and thought 'Meh..'. I turned to do something for a minute and when I looked back in the mirror it looked like I'd had a facelift!!! I was well amazed! This is quite expensive but well worth the cash. I am kicking myself I didn't get this before. (Same with the tan de soleil which I got few weeks earlier). Get, get, get. Sensitive skin and no problem at all.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I used to buy this product when it was in solid form like the Chanel bronzer "Soleil Tan" back in 2006-ish. I still wonder why they changed the formula to liquid, but while it's a totally new product compared to the old one, I love the fact that I can use it to lighten up my different foundations by adding a drop or two, or use it as a base to brighten up my make up. This is my 2nd repurchase of this product (3rd if you count the old solid version) and I keep coming back to it cuz it's so versatile.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I have been using this for years! But I don't use it all over my face. Only a small dot on each cheekbone then around the cheeks and under the eyes. This puts a slight illumination right where I want it. It does not do a lot but I really like what it does. Lasts a long time.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I'm not sure what this product is supposed to do, but I like it. It is definitely not a primer in the sense that it doesn't make your makeup last longer, nor does it camouflage pores. It isn't exactly a moisturizer, but for me I guess that is the closest thing I can describe it as. In my mind, this is Chanel's version of Strobe cream by mac. The product is quite a thick cream and sits a bit heavily on the skin, and yes, it gives a nice amount of shine. A gleam, not shimmer. Somewhat similar to how some sunscreens look: slightly oily and leaves a slight white cast. All of these things sound terrible, but I really like the product. The smell is lovely, and maybe it is a placebo effect, but it feels luxurious going on. I do try to leave it on for at least 5 to 10 minutes before putting on my foundation. I can't pinpoint exactly what it does if anything at all, but I would definitely repurchase even though it is expensive because it lasts a long time since you shouldn't use much, the experience of applying is wonderful (especially on the neck!) and I think it has a slight psychological effect on me the rest of the day because I feel enveloped in luxury which helps me set a lavish mood.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

The smell of this product is beautiful and it makes my skin smell amazing. I love the luminosity and the way it applies. Here's for the cons... It makes your foundation paler and look a little strange. You have to use a foundation that is a tad too dark for you with this. Another thing to note is it definitely sits on the skin rather than absorbs. I do love the smell and would use it for my vitalumiere which is too dark, but other than that I don't wear it under foundations because I look too pale and it doesn't moisturise or make makeup last

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 years ago

A luxurious purchase. Love the pump that came with it, disperse out small amount, not too much as you only need little. Used it with with Chanel Perfection Velvet foundation, result is nice, natural glow. Will re-purchase for the luxury feel. Asian NC20-25 Chanl B20 Claire GA LAsting Silk 4.5 Dirosnow Foundation 020

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age36-43