Mary Kay Rich Fig

No Image

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I used to wear this some time ago, but I ran out of product! I was always surprised this shade looked so scary and dark on the tube, but applied more sheer on the lips. I loved it so much as a night time lipstick because it looked sooo beautiful on me with any makeup. I have yellow undertoned skin and this is great for warmer skin tones. Its a dark brown red color but not too overwhelming. Gorgeous indeed!

This is a very beautiful shade. I wear it lightly because I have a light/medium skin tone but I don't think its too dark for me. I only wear this shade for a night out to a really nice restaurant. Very nice red.

I'm very pale, and while this looks scary in the tube, it goes on a semi-sheer burgundy/maroon color that, as my sister says, makes for an "old time movie star" red. Not true red, but very pretty. I wear it all the time, as I am addicted to red lipsticks. i would use a balm under it, but even then the staying power is very good, I can go about four hours without reapplying (If I don't eat or bite my lips).

You need a light hand with this color. Being very fair I put it on like any other lipstick and it was way to dark for me, however, with a light hand it looks beautiful - the perfect red. Anyone could wear this as long as they go very lightly. I touch it too my lips and tap it on.

on 3/13/2009 3:37:00 PM

I agree with everyone who said it's dry. I use a balm under it. the color is good though - a nice neutral burgundy/maroon that goes with pretty much any palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Dry, color doesn't work for me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I normally stick to sheer glosses but after attending a Mary Kay party and sampling the Rich Fig lipstick I was very happy to find a color that I felt confident with. I agree, MK has yet to master the moisturization aspect of their lip stick formulas. I have to make sure my lips are in tip top shape before I apply the product or one will be able to see every crack and crevice in my lip. Overall I am loving this deep color.

on 12/25/2007 11:36:00 AM

Over the last couple of years, I've worn lighter lipcolors. This color may switch me back to my old habits! This is a lovely rich burgundy/plum, and it's fantastic. I took off a lippie because they still didn't make this moisturizing enough for me. I have to wear clear gloss to keep my lips from drying out!