L'Oreal Cream Shadow Paint in Steely

L'Oreal Cream Shadow Paint in Steely
Cream Shadow Paint in Steely

4.3

on 1/5/2010 11:48:00 PM

Dark steely grey color that wears like, well, paint. Does not budge on my eyelids, even w/o primer. Great to use as a base for smokey powder shadows. Will repurchase if possible, but I think they're being discontinued.

on 9/25/2009 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had been wanting cream eyeshadow for awhile. This stuff is great. Even without primer, this last all day without creasing. This is black with a very obvious blue-tone.
NOTE: I would recommend unfolding the end of the tube before opening to avoid having a bunch come out as soon as you break the seal

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Steely is, as its name implies, a dark gray. I find that a little goes a long way, as the shadow is creamy and blendable. Globbed on and not blended, it's goopy, but with a light touch and two brushes - one to apply, one to blend - this is a lovely steel-gray eye shadow for day or night. Lasts a long time over UDPP. Also great price if you take advantage of BOGOs.

on 8/5/2009 2:16:00 PM

I would never wear this product alone on my eyes, but this works very well as a base for some really bright-colored shadows. I layered both shades of the Reckless duo on top of this and the color just popped. Looks like a gamble, but it's worth it to have around for those certain eyeshadow shades to REALLY stand out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've got this one at half price from my local Fred Meyer recently. Yesterday I was at home alone and thought I should play a bit with this little water-paint like tube. Mine didn't come with the little brush (bummer!) so I used my finger tip to apply. At the beginning it looked terrible on my eye lid until I started blending the color upward with my fingertip and then a concealer brush. The result wow'ed me. What a pair of amazing smokey eyes! I am asian and have been avoiding smokey eyes for some reason. However this one worked for me! and as far as staying power goes, I'd have to say it is darn good. I have oily lids and have to use TFSI or UDPP no matter what. but I didn't use them yesterday and after 4 hours the color still stayed the same!
The only complaint I have is that the texture dries out too fast. I tried a bit on my hand first but before I was able to finish it went dry as hard as rock. :( Also the price is a bit on the high side. If it was not half off I would have never considered buying one.

on 6/1/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product has amazing staying power. I have oily eyelids and most cream eyeshadows end up creasing and fading throughout the day. I love this because once I apply this, I let it dry and it stays on all day. I can do a smokey eye and go out clubbing, and my eyeshadow stays in place all night. I also love the packaging that it comes with. The squeeze tube is very hygienic and convenient, and I love the plastic box that it comes in. I like that the brush is made from natural fibers but it is not very good for blending and tends to put on too much product. Also, for a drugstore eyeshadow this is quite expensive (I paid $16 for this at Shoppers) but a little goes a long way. I purchased this last year and I still haven't gone through one tube and it hasn't dried out on me either. Would definitely repurchase. However, I think this is only available in limited quantities in Canada.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

finally got this and it was a bit of a let down. it didnt stay as well as the other colors and creased mid-day. i think i put too much on though so i won't be too hasty judging this yet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FOR ME, I DID NOT LIKE IT, Here's why: I was hoping this could be used as a silvery cream shadow to compliment my beige HIP cream paint e/s, but I WAS WRONG! This was fricken dark & I even used the littlest amount. It's a DARK charcoal; perfect for smokey eye, but if you were hoping it was lighter, IT'S NOT!

on 10/22/2008 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This and "Nervy" are my HG shadows!!! UNBELIEVABLE. I have VERY oily eyelids and this stuff stays on WITHOUT CREASING all day. LOVE THEM. I don't care to try the other colors in this line. Steely and Nervy are the perfect two for me. Steely for a smoky eye and Nervy for a bronzy look. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I found this in a Walmart clearance bin ("Nervy" too) for $3 so I had to buy it. "Steely" is a shimmery neutral (not blue) charcoal shade that works wonderfully as an eye shadow, a deep smoky base for pigments, and/or a cream liner. It doesn't crease on me at all, and the tube doesn't seep like MAC Paint tubes, so how great is this for one product? I don't care for or use the enclosed brush or plastic palette area; I squeeze a bit onto my thumb nail (easier to wash off than skin) and use a liner or concealer brush to apply as desired. I'd love to see some additional shades, L'Oreal! Navy with gold shimmer, perhaps? Great product that I'll definitely buy again.