L'Oreal Paris Infallible 8HR Pro Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Acrylic Acid / Isobutyl Acrylate / Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Isododecane, Squalane, Polybutene Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

The coral sands color is a nice nude color with neutral slight shimmer. I like the triangle shaped doe foot since it seems easier and more precise to apply. Does it last 8 hours? No I don't think any gloss does, but it does have a tacky feel to make it last a bit longer than normal. The major turn off for me is the nasty,plastic chemical scent and taste. It is so strong I can smell it even after application. I am not usually too sensitive about scents, but the scent is a major no for me so I would not repurchase. Although I love the color, the smell is bad enough to make me consider throwing it out.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this lipgloss! I purchased the Red shade # 306 from Amazon.

To me, the texture feels slightly more comfortable than NARS gloss, sticky, but not overly so. Besides, the stickiness is what makes it last! I don't glop it on, so perhaps that makes the difference for me. I have not experienced the "glued together lip effect," mercifully. If you're thinking of purchasing this gloss for the claims of plumping, please save your money. However, if you're purchasing for the impact and longevity, by all means do so! The 8-hour wear-time is a bit of an exaggeration, unless of course, you opt not to eat or drink anything. Even with drinking a glass of wine, though, the gloss is still present. I find it comfortable, as far as lipgloss goes, and I would even go so far as to say it is moisturizing. Some glosses seem to siphon the moisture out of your lips, but not this one.

As for the red hue, this is just slightly punchier than a MLBB tone, very healthy looking and glamorous, whilst being understated. I pair it with sooty, smudgy eyeliner. "Red" is a bit of a misnomer, so don't let it frighten you. It's not opaque, but rather translucent, if that makes sense? If my lips were naturally more flushed and I applied a clear gloss over them, this is the look I would hope to achieve.

To cite an example of exactly how much I love this red gloss, I just purchased two more tubes on Amazon :-)

My husband came home drunk, giggled and then happily presented me with the 8 hr infallible le gloss in 320 Red Fatale. I was not amused as for the lip gloss it's a bright tomato red shade, and is very sticky it sticks to my hair. It also stains your teeth in unattractive red streaks. Thankfully, it did not last 8 hours and faded away after eating lunch. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Sigh. Loved the packaging, loved the applicator, loved the color and feel... but it bleeds like a stuck pig. Lip liner required, at least for the mid-to-dark colors in the line. The longer I wore it, the more it bled, until I basically had kool-aid mouth.

Pretty color, iffy formula. Womp womp.

I love this lipgloss- not to wear on its own but over lipstick, it makes lipstick last and look good for HOURS. The smell doesn't bother me, and the texture took some getting used to, especially having to wait as the product 'set.' I have several of these and wear them over top of similarly colored lipsticks, I especially like using them over lipstick if I have to go to long meetings and I want my lipstick to stay on and look good. I also find that I can skip liner if I want to, the lipstick/gloss combo gives such good coverage and can give a nice 'done' lip without looking cakey. I've been repurchasing these for years and would be very sad if they were ever discontinued.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Purchased in Dulce de Leche. It's a sparkly caramel color.
Lasts a decent amount of time considering it's a gloss.

The smell is god-awful. It smells medicinal. Like Vicks Vapo-rub. It also tingles a bit when on...like those stupid plumper glosses.

When it wears off, the glitter from the gloss gets all over.

It's an okay product; if it weren't for the smell I'd like it a lot more but the smell and taste? Bleccch. Pass.

Purchased at the grocery store, thought the price was good. Happiness ended there.
When I got home and opened the gloss, was very surprised there was no tamper proof shrink wrap on it. Not cool.
The amount of product that is loaded onto the applicator is too small for me, I like to lather gloss on.
I can't determine how long this gloss stays on because the first time I put it on my lips, they started to go numb, and I had to wipe it off. I thought I'd try it again a few more times on different days with the same result.
Love the package design except for the scant load of the applicator.

Unfortunately, since the gloss makes my lips numb, will toss into the trash sooner rather than later.

Price (to me) is kind of a lot, I paid $10 for this! But let's face it, makeup is extremely overpriced. Anyway, I like this lip gloss, although I am not a huge fan of glosses. They get stuck in my hair and don't last long at all. I purchased the color "modern muave" and it is the perfect shade for me, not too light or dark. It lasts at least 2 hours which is pretty good for a gloss, even after eating and drinking. The gloss can get pretty dry and sticky though. I would purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Maybe I expected too much from this lip gloss. Well....it does say 8 hours, and to be FAIR it doesn't specifically say that the COLOR will last 8 hours. Just 8 hours period. The color didn't last very long, can't be more specific yet, as I wore it to work and I am a dental hygienist so I take a mask off and on every hour (at least). The texture is thick and it IS sticky, which I notice quite a bit when I apply it, and right after applying;however, I did forget about it soon apparently it didn't really bother me. When I remembered that I was wearing it and checked the color in the mirror (maybe 4 hours later??) there was barely any color left BUT the slight stickiness was still present when I pressed my lips together (kind of impressive really) AND my lips were moist not dried out at all. I will try it again today since I am not working and see if the color lasts longer w/o constant 'mask' interference.

Best lipgloss for colour and staying power