L'Oreal Paris Infallible 8HR Pro Gloss

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.9

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Acrylic Acid / Isobutyl Acrylate / Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Isododecane, Squalane, Polybutene Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The formula of this is kind of thick and tacky and honestly a little drying after a few hours of wearing it. The reason I rated this so highly is because of the color. I have this in a limited edition nude color that they discontinued (bastards!) and it is the most beautiful color on me. I gave this such a high rating because this has so many beautiful colors in the line overall though. If you're looking for a spectacular formula, this is not really for you. But if you're looking for beautiful colors and don't mind a so-so formula go for it.

These are quite interesting lipglosses; they have their ups and downs, but they are pretty good. The two lipglosses that I own of this line are Dazzle Me and Pretty Precious. I like both of these products; they are not my favorites by a long shot, but they are very pretty and perform well.
464 Dazzle Me is my favorite of the two. It is a beautiful, shimmery blue-based fuschia- not too blue-based, though, so that it still looks naturally pink. 462 Pretty Precious is also a beautiful gloss; it's a shimmery nude which goes on pretty sheer. In terms of color, both of these glosses are relatively sheer, but buildable. I wouldn't say that the colors build up very evenly, though. The glosses have a plumping effect on the lips because of the shimmer, which looks very flattering. However, there must be some sort of ingredient that irritates my lips, because it makes my lips feel slightly, yet uncomfortably tingly whenever I thickly layer one of these glosses on.
The texture of these glosses is really interesting; it is very thick, but buildable. It does take a while to get a good, even coat to apply since these are pretty thick. As for stickiness, these are sticky, to a degree; not enough to really bother me, but enough to feel it. On the bright side, they do not dry out on the lips and feel pretty comfortable. They also smell very nice, like tea, in a way, but with an artificial scent.
Do these things actually last 8 hours? No, unless you do not ever move your mouth after applying them. However, they do last longer than other glosses do and do not need to be reapplied as often. They do not last during eating or drinking and come off easily, but that's okay.
The applicator is pretty good; it is a pointed, teardrop-shaped, angled wand. You can't get full use out of it, unfortunately, since the stopper only leaves gloss on the very end of the applicator. The tubes are very slender and aesthetically pleasing. Interestingly, the tubes are smallish, and it doesn't look like you get a lot of product; however, the 6.3mL of product that is in there actually is more than a good majority of the glosses that I own. So, there's actually a good amount of product. The price tag is sort of hefty for drugstore; about $10 per gloss, but it's a good price for the amount of gloss. These glosses are worth a try!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My color th hot pinkis cool, it looks profewssional and lasts long

Because I'm almost broke (like so many are, these days), every time I feel like spending money I don't have on MU I already have, I rummage through my "antiques' just to remind myself that I don't need anything new.

I came across this gloss, which I bought years ago, and decided to give it a try. The color is #305 Fiery and it's a gorgeous pinkish red (on me) with gold shimmer. I put it on and after talking, drinking and eating, it's pretty much still there. What I particularly like is that the color does not fade. I wore a dark Nars gloss the other day, but after about two hours the color had faded to a light pink. Not this one. My lips are still a pretty, subtle red, very wearable for day time. Yes, it is a bit sticky, but if it wasn't, it would not last half the time it does.

In the tube, the shimmer looks very pronounced, but when you wear it, it becomes much more subtle. I'm really happy with this gloss. And I'm not a gloss fiend (I usually prefer l/s). But this one is a beautiful color, it stays put, makes my lips look fuller and lovely, and it's cheap (at least compared to HE). What's not to like?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in 825, or Dulce De Leche. I really wanted a lip gloss in a bronzey shade, harder to find than one might think as most glosses are reds, pinks, wines/berries, corals, then nudes. However, a metallic "nude" is not so common. This does fall under the nude category of the L'oreal Infinity glosses, and of the ones I saw, only this seemed to have that extra glint of shimmer which I was looking for. When I say "metallic" I really don't mean heavily frosted, but shimmer and hopefully some shine, in a warm bronze tone and this appeared to fit the bill.

In the tube this is gorgeous, gleaming like a dark 14 k gold with stunning shimmer. It applies darker than it appears, and is "metallic" though not in a bad way, meaning the shimmer is certainly noticeable and desirable in my opinion, not a heavy frost by any means. This is not your usual gloss as it has very little shine, looks more like a lipstick when worn. Its a lovely shade, though I wish it were more true to its name, "gloss."

As for staying power, I have only worn this a few times and it did not stay much longer than most lipsticks, however, a lot longer than most glosses. 6 hr wear? Not on me but maybe my lips were not dry enough at the onset (I either had applied a balm or other gloss earlier in the day), or it simply doesn't wear that well on me.

But for the color which is so rare, I would buy this again, also because I hate most doe foot applicators but like these. They're wide and thin, not narrow and thick, so they don't absorb a ton of gloss like most wands do. I normally go for slant tip glosses for that reason but again could not find a similar shade anywhere in that form. This looks great topped with a shinier gloss in a nude, or clear, and I may mostly wear it that way since I am a lg fan and love the look of slightly more lacquered lips.

I did want to add this is in no way like the traditional long wearing two step lip glosses I've tried in the past. While this does take a moment or so to "set," it never fully does as those do, wherein the first layer dries to a dull finish then you apply a clear, moist finish. Instead this remains somewhat moist to the touch making it look better and providing a more comfortable wear, but that's also why it likely lacks staying power, on me anyway.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have Infallible lip gloss in #825 Dulce de Leche, and it is fabulous. I LOVE the color, the formulation. For several months now, I've been experimenting with the L'Oreal Infallible lip product family, and have 5 of 8 colors in the plumping formula, which I do like. However, I find that the "regular" Infallible lip gloss (vs. plumping) is less sticky, however also less color-enduring. Regardless, I adore the regular Infallible formula more because it's just more comfortable to wear, and I love this color, a shimmery bronzy nude for everywhere wear. One big HINT I highly suggest for users complaining of clumping, gooping, caking: Try applying only 1 single coat of color, then gently smack lips together, not too much and let dry for about 4-5 min before drinking, etc. The applicator especially makes a single coat application successful, and I promise one coat will make the wear much more enjoyable and pretty :)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love!!!!! I own several of these l/g and they are great! They feel great on, they apply easily, not sticky or goopy or drying. They are a little bit tacky due to the the long wear aspect but they are not sticky. The colors are so pretty and are best tried on, I have suede and sangria (not that great in the tube) but on my lips they are beautiful. I like the feel of the applicator, its like a diamond shaped doe foot. The scent is also very tolerable, an important factor in whether or not I will be loyal to a product or not. Usually ULTA has a Bogo50 on L'Oreal so I stockup then. I love this product and would rather use this than a h/e longwear lipgloss anyday!!

First of all, my first language is French, so I will try my best to write my review in English ! I bought a lot of lipglosses in the past, and I am often disappointed, but this product is really the best I found in drugstores. I love that it's long-lasting, the odor is really subtle, the colors are beautiful. It's just a little bit sticky, but this is how it stays so well. I have a lot of shades (because I don't like to wear the same all the time !) : sangria, blush, sandy beaches, sunset, bloom, petal, suede and plumped mauve (Infallible Plumping), and my favorite are Bloom, Sunset and Blush. They are very natural. To sum up, this lipgloss is the best and so much better than other long-lasting lipglosses, like the Rimmel Stay Glossy lipgloss.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Infallible? hmm, obviously L'Oreal's definition of "infallible" is a bit different than mine. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not the *worst* lipgloss I've ever tried, but for the price, I expect much, must better. Better pigmentation and lasting power for sure. I got the shade, "Tropical Sunset" which I think is LE for summer 2010. The colour is a pretty bronze with a bit of coppery, shimmery dimension. Smells like chocolate, so bonus points for that, but it just isn't pigmented and "bronzy" enough for my pigmented NC40ish lips. Also feels gritty and a bit gummy, like other reviewers have said. There are definitely better lipglosses out there!

Horrible!!! Worst lipgloss I have ever had.
Sticky sticky sticky sticky! It had glitter particles that looked so cheap, and when the gloss dried up, the particles would remain on and around the lips - totally messy!
Will never make this mistake again!