L'Oreal Infallible 8HR Pro Gloss

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.1

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Acrylic Acid / Isobutyl Acrylate / Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Isododecane, Squalane, Polybutene Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Maybe I expected too much from this lip gloss. Well....it does say 8 hours, and to be FAIR it doesn't specifically say that the COLOR will last 8 hours. Just 8 hours period. The color didn't last very long, can't be more specific yet, as I wore it to work and I am a dental hygienist so I take a mask off and on every hour (at least). The texture is thick and it IS sticky, which I notice quite a bit when I apply it, and right after applying;however, I did forget about it soon apparently it didn't really bother me. When I remembered that I was wearing it and checked the color in the mirror (maybe 4 hours later??) there was barely any color left BUT the slight stickiness was still present when I pressed my lips together (kind of impressive really) AND my lips were moist not dried out at all. I will try it again today since I am not working and see if the color lasts longer w/o constant 'mask' interference.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hm perhaps one of the best glosses ever! Went to sleep with this one- when i woke up it was still perched on prettily as ever (no smearing or fading). Somehow makes lipsticks look better and perfect on its own- almost a similar finish to the clinique buttershines, but less greasy, looks juicy/healthy as opposed to tacky. I don't like the look of a plastic film on the lips, so if you're into that this won't be for you. Also: one well applied layer tends to look better than gloopy several layers- if you want that much depth of pigment I suggest you opt for a creamy lipstick instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of the worst I've tried. Horrible consistency: heavy, sticky, doesn't fade evenly- it leaves sticky flakes that feel like plastic on the lips instead. Hated it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in 825, or Dulce De Leche. I really wanted a lip gloss in a bronzey shade, harder to find than one might think as most glosses are reds, pinks, wines/berries, corals, then nudes. However, a metallic "nude" is not so common. This does fall under the nude category of the L'oreal Infinity glosses, and of the ones I saw, only this seemed to have that extra glint of shimmer which I was looking for. When I say "metallic" I really don't mean heavily frosted, but shimmer and hopefully some shine, in a warm bronze tone and this appeared to fit the bill.

In the tube this is gorgeous, gleaming like a dark 14 k gold with stunning shimmer. It applies darker than it appears, and is "metallic" though not in a bad way, meaning the shimmer is certainly noticeable and desirable in my opinion, not a heavy frost by any means. This is not your usual gloss as it has very little shine, looks more like a lipstick when worn. Its a lovely shade, though I wish it were more true to its name, "gloss."

As for staying power, I have only worn this a few times and it did not stay much longer than most lipsticks, however, a lot longer than most glosses. 6 hr wear? Not on me but maybe my lips were not dry enough at the onset (I either had applied a balm or other gloss earlier in the day), or it simply doesn't wear that well on me.

But for the color which is so rare, I would buy this again, also because I hate most doe foot applicators but like these. They're wide and thin, not narrow and thick, so they don't absorb a ton of gloss like most wands do. I normally go for slant tip glosses for that reason but again could not find a similar shade anywhere in that form. This looks great topped with a shinier gloss in a nude, or clear, and I may mostly wear it that way since I am a lg fan and love the look of slightly more lacquered lips.

I did want to add this is in no way like the traditional long wearing two step lip glosses I've tried in the past. While this does take a moment or so to "set," it never fully does as those do, wherein the first layer dries to a dull finish then you apply a clear, moist finish. Instead this remains somewhat moist to the touch making it look better and providing a more comfortable wear, but that's also why it likely lacks staying power, on me anyway.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have Infallible lip gloss in #825 Dulce de Leche, and it is fabulous. I LOVE the color, the formulation. For several months now, I've been experimenting with the L'Oreal Infallible lip product family, and have 5 of 8 colors in the plumping formula, which I do like. However, I find that the "regular" Infallible lip gloss (vs. plumping) is less sticky, however also less color-enduring. Regardless, I adore the regular Infallible formula more because it's just more comfortable to wear, and I love this color, a shimmery bronzy nude for everywhere wear. One big HINT I highly suggest for users complaining of clumping, gooping, caking: Try applying only 1 single coat of color, then gently smack lips together, not too much and let dry for about 4-5 min before drinking, etc. The applicator especially makes a single coat application successful, and I promise one coat will make the wear much more enjoyable and pretty :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this lip gloss!! LAST a long time and looks beautiful LOTS of colors to choose from. It is a bit pricey ($8.98) I use mine everyday and I have had the same tube for about 4 months and still have half a tube so not really that expensive for how long a tube last plus I really like the aplicator it holds just enough lipgloss for an aplication and another thing I like is usually when I buy lipgloss and keep it in my purse or cosmetics bag the tubes will leak and make a huge mess and sometimes ruin some of my other cosmetics but this packaging is great it doesn't leak or bubble out all over the place when you close it ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Infallible? hmm, obviously L'Oreal's definition of "infallible" is a bit different than mine. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not the *worst* lipgloss I've ever tried, but for the price, I expect much, must better. Better pigmentation and lasting power for sure. I got the shade, "Tropical Sunset" which I think is LE for summer 2010. The colour is a pretty bronze with a bit of coppery, shimmery dimension. Smells like chocolate, so bonus points for that, but it just isn't pigmented and "bronzy" enough for my pigmented NC40ish lips. Also feels gritty and a bit gummy, like other reviewers have said. There are definitely better lipglosses out there!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Some may not like its sticky feeling, but it is the sticky that makes this staying long hours. I was so surprised to find out that it doesn't fall after my sipping cups of drink. It doesn't fall even if I rinse the mouth either. Even if I wipe my lips, it doesn't come off. Great for people like me who is lazy to reapply lipgloss! But there's still one thing that need to be mentioned: Do not reapply often or wipe the lips off because it could end up looking blotchy, and plus the shimmer, it could looks drying. I prefer the shades with fewer shimmer. Once applying, just leave them there and do not worry to bother.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I loved how this looked and how it lasted, but it seemed to make my lips feel burny and chapped. I would wake up the next day with a rash around my lips, too. I regretfully threw mine away.

pros:
the colors and packaging. the tube is very sleek and even though i wasn't particularly fond of the applicator, props to loreal for thinking up something different

cons:
the gloss sucks. i've always thought people were just being too picky when they complain about a gloss being "too sticky"..but oh my gosh. they weren't lying about this one. when you first apply it, the gloss goes on really smooth and feels good on the lilps..then when it sets..it's crazy sticky. and tacky. like having honey on your lips (sounds good, but it isn't =x)

another thing i didn't like about these, at least with the shimmery ones, is that they look nice and sheer on your lips by itself..but if you layer it over a lipstick..they become super frosty. the shades i got were sunset (coral pink) and suede (neutral peachy nude). suede was the shade i was most excited to try because it's a mix between revlon super lustrous lipglosses in life's a peach and toast to shine. whereas lp is too pink, ts was too beige..suede LOOKED like the perfect medium...no..it isn't

i just...i've never hated a gloss as much as these ones